Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    A new import cleared up the issue.

I am still seeing the opening delay, is that what you meant to address here? Thanks
  • Options
    Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf How do we get the updated spreadsheets? I keep seeing that updates have been posted, but I don't know where to find the most recent pages anymore
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash41 wrote: »
    @cmdrworf How do we get the updated spreadsheets? I keep seeing that updates have been posted, but I don't know where to find the most recent pages anymore

The link is in the first post on this thread.
  • Options

I am still seeing the opening delay, is that what you meant to address here? Thanks

No I was seeing formula errors, but a fresh import resolved that issue.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

@DigitalPimp Is this every time you open it? and if so, how long is it taking?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the difference between a 0 and a blank space in the "Collections Not Complete" column.
  • Options
    every time i open it starts the import like i just did it, takes over 5 min before its done...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Bradski wrote: »
    every time i open it starts the import like i just did it, takes over 5 min before its done...

@Bradski Yikes. Thats not good. Let me take a look. I opened mine and it took about a minute. Still more then I'd like. I'm going to try to find a way to remove the dynamic update and make it an on demand update only that I can execute before I publish each new version.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I don't understand the difference between a 0 and a blank space in the "Collections Not Complete" column.

Hmmm.... I don't see any blank in my personal copy. Its filled from a calculated field (OQ on the Stats page) so it should always have a number in it.

Edit.... I was able to recreate. this happens when import vs manual. (I am still a manual user generally). Looking at it now.

Edit 2 - @AdmiralMemo I got it. I had forgotten what I did.

Blank is for crew you have FFE.
    0 is crew you don't have and not needed for any collection
    any other number is how many incomplete collections a crew is part of.

The key is a 0 may be part of a COMPLETED collection though so if tiers are expanded again it may be needed down the road the intent of this is current state to help people determine what crew gives the biggest bank for their buck if collections are a factor for them.
  • Options
    I am seeing 0 or blanks when I import also.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing 0 or blanks when I import also.

Look at my update about. I figured it out. I edited my post.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

@Bradski Yikes. Thats not good. Let me take a look. I opened mine and it took about a minute. Still more then I'd like. I'm going to try to find a way to remove the dynamic update and make it an on demand update only that I can execute before I publish each new version.

Mine does an import like Bradski said, takes several minutes to be ready to use.
  • Options
    I just noticed that the Collections tab is showing all collections are Complete. I have 26 collections that are not complete.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that the Collections tab is showing all collections are Complete. I have 26 collections that are not complete.

Can you share your sheet with me?
  • Options

Can you share your sheet with me?

Yes, can you PM me your email address.
  • Options
    Mine also takes quite a while to be ready to use, however I just thought this was due to my extra sheet that has it's own calcs and the new ranking source....

I'm going to try an alt sheet without my extras and compare.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I understand the blanks now. However, I have plenty of crew that I DO have that have 0 next to them. I'm assuming that because they're not FF, that it's telling me that I need them for a reason other than collections?

Also, my sheet is taking a while to update as well, even with a fresh import. It'll go quickly up to like 90% of the bar for me and then just sit there for a while before eventually completing.

Edit: And apparently it has to recalculate EVERYTHING when I open it, when previous versions would keep all the recommendations and stuff until I changed something?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the blanks now. However, I have plenty of crew that I DO have that have 0 next to them. I'm assuming that because they're not FF, that it's telling me that I need them for a reason other than collections?

Also, my sheet is taking a while to update as well, even with a fresh import. It'll go quickly up to like 90% of the bar for me and then just sit there for a while before eventually completing.

Edit: And apparently it has to recalculate EVERYTHING when I open it, when previous versions would keep all the recommendations and stuff until I changed something?

0 is for non-FFE crew that do not have a collection need at the present time.

As to the recalculation issue, I think I have a fix. I'll be applying it when I release 4.53 (hopefully later today). and I'd like feedback on how it seems to work. If it doesn't work, I have another idea, but it a major change and I'm not excited by it.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    As to the recalculation issue, I think I have a fix. I'll be applying it when I release 4.53 (hopefully later today). and I'd like feedback on how it seems to work. If it doesn't work, I have another idea, but it a major change and I'm not excited by it.

I'd be happy to test, if you need. Either way, thanks for working on it!
  • Options
    I found that after I import and make changes and wait for it to finish then make a copy of my sheet it seems to work fine, new copy opens and is ready in less than a minute. hope this helps.
    Thanks for all the work, it has helped me alot.
    Admiral Brad of THEMELLOWONES level 99, 669 Immortalized so far...
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that after I import and make changes and wait for it to finish then make a copy of my sheet it seems to work fine, new copy opens and is ready in less than a minute. hope this helps.

I know part of the problem is the change for adding the power ratings. I'm working on a different implementation for that so it doesn't dynamically update. Unfortunately google sheets appears to have an issue with a mass copy/paste values when copying from a different sheet. With that not working, I'm moving to plan B. Not sure what plan B is yet though.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

Initial openings after making a copy of my copy worked well. Thanks
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay. New version published today.

I added some performance improvements. please let me know if it works or not.
  • Options
    Hi Worf.. Just grabbed THANKS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I always hesitate in providing comments about the spreadsheet because I appreciate all of the work done on it and don't want to come off as a giant male appendage. That said, here's a few thoughts:

1. I continue to think that the sheet logic for top voyagers should be irrespective of rarity. I don't get the value in simultaneously having purple top voyagers and gold top voyagers where one might supplant the other;
    2. The shift from the BB to the Power ratings lacks one thing - index ranges. With the BB, I knew that a Level 9 purple sucked, where with the power ratings, I'm not sure if a 10.3 purple is good, bad or average. Perhaps the rank column solves this, but is that for only that rarity or overall? I'm a simpler is better player.
    3. I wish there was a way, short of turning off all collections, for the sheet to tell me that I only need a particular crew for a collection. Right now, when I'm in a crew slot bind (which is often), I update the sheet and sort by "freeze" and "freeze/space." Anyone immortalized that pops up after that sort goes in the freezer. If I need to make crew space, I sort by lowest fusion and lowest power. They go out the airlock.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - I'm working on this. I've tried a couple of changes and I've not been happy with the results yet. I myself have turned off all but 5* due to the depth of my crew now, but yes i believe a combined value will be better.

2 - The ranking is within rarity. I have toyed with adding something "similiar" to tiers but basically it would just lump crew into "tier's" based on their ranking. top x percent is tier 1, etc.... I'm not excited by this which is why we added the ranking and color coded it so its easy to tell a crew's * level.

3 - Hmmmm..... I'll need to chew on this one. I can see the value in it but I don't have any ideas screaming at me yet (other then turning them all off).

Lastly - Do not hesitate. I'd much rather keep getting suggestions as I use many of these to guide the decisions.
  • Options
    It would be cool if i could see the number of stars i fused in the voyage spreadsheet. Rarity and status are important informations, but it's just as important that I know how advanced the crew is.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    It would be cool if i could see the number of stars i fused in the voyage spreadsheet. Rarity and status are important informations, but it's just as important that I know how advanced the crew is.

Do you mean column B? That's where my fused count shows up.
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Do you mean column B? That's where my fused count shows up.

I mean column E of import sheet, thats more precise :-)
    Or B of Crew Sheet
  • Options
    2 - The ranking is within rarity. I have toyed with adding something "similiar" to tiers but basically it would just lump crew into "tier's" based on their ranking. top x percent is tier 1, etc.... I'm not excited by this which is why we added the ranking and color coded it so its easy to tell a crew's * level.
    Be careful to not rely solely on color-coding things, just as a fore-warning. There are folks like me that are color-blind and can't tell the difference at first glance. :smile: