Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    DeeMentiaDeeMentia ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    oops double posted
  • Options
    Thank You!! I live for the updates <3 But I'm blind and can't seem to find Chuft-Captain.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeeMentia wrote: »
    Thank You!! I live for the updates <3 But I'm blind and can't seem to find Chuft-Captain.

@DeeMentia you're not blind. I missed that one.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Than
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    New release published. Slow loading is WIP yet.

Thank you very much, cmdrworf
  • Options
    It would be nice if you could add the power ratings for shuttle (rank faction) in the crew tab.
  • Options
    I'm sorry if this has been already said, but I can't find it easily in the comments. I just found this spreadsheet today (for which I'm MIGHTY grateful). I was looking at Weyoun Clone 4. He shows up in my import list but doesn't show up in my crew list. His import stats don't look like everyone elses in the equipment column. He's partially equipped for the first item and it reads "1 2 2003". I'm using version 4.58 of the spreadsheet. Is this a bug? Several of my characters don't show in the crew list and they appear to share a similar characteristic of not being fully equipped (some items are only partially made).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry if this has been already said, but I can't find it easily in the comments. I just found this spreadsheet today (for which I'm MIGHTY grateful). I was looking at Weyoun Clone 4. He shows up in my import list but doesn't show up in my crew list. His import stats don't look like everyone elses in the equipment column. He's partially equipped for the first item and it reads "1 2 2003". I'm using version 4.58 of the spreadsheet. Is this a bug? Several of my characters don't show in the crew list and they appear to share a similar characteristic of not being fully equipped (some items are only partially made).

PM Sent. Need to take a look at your sheet to see what is going on.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New sheet published today.

"Added missed crew: Chuft-Captain (Thanks DeeMentia)
    Added New Crew: Balok, Agents Dulmur and Lucsly, Little Boy Blue Wesley
    Added new collection: Fully Functional"
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

This is inevitable, the bigger they get, the slower they load. I tried to circumvent with switching to QUERY commands in arrays over the constant INDEX(MATCH) but alas, it's still a loooot of data.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

This is inevitable, the bigger they get, the slower they load. I tried to circumvent with switching to QUERY commands in arrays over the constant INDEX(MATCH) but alas, it's still a loooot of data.

Yeah, I've been able to find ways to offset it for quite awhile, but I think its a losing battle. Only so many ways to add performance improvements with keeping the content.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    Is there an single resource to find answers to questions I have on the do not airlock checklist that doesn’t include searching through multiple threads in the forum?
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    A In working with the do not airlock spreadsheet I noticed in the Missions page under Cadet Challenges/ Advanced Cadet Challenges/ (PART) Alien / The United Federation: There are crew members that are duplicated several times in that category For example: As you can see Lieutenant Saavik is listed at least twice. Anyone know why crew members would be listed multiple times in the same category?08hdqja5j1ob.jpeg
  • Options
    tyllanthortyllanthor ✭✭✭
    I looked at the formulas in the spreadsheet and it seems that "multiple characters" are generated because such character is suitable to pass more than one cadet mission.

For example, Lieutenant Saavik is marked in first and fifth column in "hidden calculations", which could mean the first and fifth cadet mission (maybe).
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    tyllanthor wrote: »
    I looked at the formulas in the spreadsheet and it seems that "multiple characters" are generated because such character is suitable to pass more than one cadet mission.

For example, Lieutenant Saavik is marked in first and fifth column in "hidden calculations", which could mean the first and fifth cadet mission (maybe).
    Interesting. Thank you for the feedback. It still confuses me as to why their being useful in multiple missions would result in their being listed multiple times since I haven’t noticed it occurring in other missions
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    @cmdrworf What’s the purpose of having 2 different pages for Gauntlet? There’s both a Gauntlet Import page as well as one that’s just titled Gauntlet. Wondering if the sheets have different purposes? rbk94erdsdse.jpeg
    8sq1kjamxl3b.jpeg
  • Options
    tyllanthortyllanthor ✭✭✭
    @Aquiel I see that the "Gauntlet Import" sheet is hidden in the original spreadsheet so maybe it contains "working/temporary" data and we should look only at the "Gauntlet" sheet. I only guess.

The author of the spreadsheet, @cmdrworf , could explain that more precisely.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I've been able to find ways to offset it for quite awhile, but I think its a losing battle. Only so many ways to add performance improvements with keeping the content.

Why not drop things like Voyages, the DataCore website does so much better? If there's another site that does the same function, maybe we could offload some of the computations. Strip it down to core functions. Or, split it into different files? Like a suite of tools?
  • Options

Why not drop things like Voyages, the DataCore website does so much better? If there's another site that does the same function, maybe we could offload some of the computations. Strip it down to core functions. Or, split it into different files? Like a suite of tools?

Nope, i need that voyage sheet every day! I use it to decide which gold i upgrade next and which gold i should choose from behold.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Loretta wrote: »
    Nope, i need that voyage sheet every day! I use it to decide which gold i upgrade next and which gold i should choose from behold.

You use the Voyage sheet to figure out who to fuse/level? Why not use the Crew page? It seems specifically designed for that.
  • Options
    Loretta wrote: »

You use the Voyage sheet to figure out who to fuse/level? Why not use the Crew page? It seems specifically designed for that.

I think crew sheet ist for overview and to see for what you can use crew. Of course i use that for choose behold crew, too. In my opinion voyage is most important part of the game, so i focus on getting the best voyage crew. Same crew is helpful for most events.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquiel wrote: »

Interesting. Thank you for the feedback. It still confuses me as to why their being useful in multiple missions would result in their being listed multiple times since I haven’t noticed it occurring in other missions

@Aquiel I'll be honest, I've spent 0 time on this sheet since I took it over. I've had all of these missions completed for so long I never look at it. I suspect its because the crew can pass two pieces of it, and there isn't any logic to select distinct values on the display. I'll add it to my list of things to review, but I think its pretty low priority as its not causing an issue with the sheet.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aquiel I see that the "Gauntlet Import" sheet is hidden in the original spreadsheet so maybe it contains "working/temporary" data and we should look only at the "Gauntlet" sheet. I only guess.

The author of the spreadsheet, @cmdrworf , could explain that more precisely.

@Aquiel Gauntlet import is the hidden working sheet (can't be sorted, etc without messing things up). The Gauntlet tab allows all of that so people can sort, search, etc.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on your goal. If you want to optimize your voyage, I agree that datacore is better, if you want to see a list of all of your crew and how they rank, then I disagree. Also, I do pull in the datacore voyage rank on the crew tab if you use the import logic. And my calculations should be a match to the logic that datacore uses (although I do factor in your starbase and collection bonuses into the calculations).

For the performance perspective, it seems that the biggest hits are the external sources. (imports from Datacore and from CAB. Both of those load/refresh a fair amount of data. I'm looking at ways to decrease that load. I could do static CAB vs dynamic but the concern there is being out of sync and another piece that I need to be sure gets updated.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf I sincerely appreciate that time you put into this and I can’t tell you how invaluable this sheet has been to me since I’m still new at the game.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf I sincerely appreciate that time you put into this and I can’t tell you how invaluable this sheet has been to me since I’m still new at the game.

@Aquiel Thank you. Thats always good to hear. Keep the questions/suggestions coming.
  • Options

@cmdrworf, I've been thinking about ways to slim the sheet down as well. In doing so, I discovered something interesting. I opened my copy of the sheet solely to look at some values. When I did so, the sheet performed calculations, despite me not entering any new information or changing anything. I wonder if this is a Google Sheets thing or a setting that might help.

While @DigitalPimp frames it differently, I wonder if the DNA spreadsheet has become more than it should. Remember, the key function was to determine who to airlock. Yet, we've added gauntlet, voyages, etc. I wonder if its time to split the sheet into separate tools.

For example, I don't ever use the Gauntlet or Voyages portions of the sheet. (Primarily because I don't know how.) I use Datacore to identify the best crew for a voyage. For Gauntlet, I just pick and choose who is at the top of the list and who has a trait that adds crit. I also don't use the sheet for crew retrieval. I started with the stt.eu (I think Europe when I see that) but now generally just fall back on Datacore. My strategy is to use retrieval to add stars, rather than gather new crew. I pick the highest tier crew that I can add a star to.

Like you, for those of us who have completed all of the missions, I wonder if we could simply delete that page of the sheet to save calculations. I mark the settings to skip missions, but as a secondary measure I also mark all of them as complete.

On the settings page, the minimum crew rarity is set by default to 3*. While that may help newer players, it leaves the rest of us changing it every time a new sheet comes out. I recommend that the default for all crew rarity on the settings page be 4*, since that's the most likely rarity that players will use.

Lastly, I close with another thank you for taking this project on. I'm a casual player and the DNA spreadsheet helps me immensely in the sense that it limits the amount of work I have to put into the game, freely that time up for other things. I greatly appreciate that.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf When you release a new version, how do I integrate it into the version I saved for myself since I copied the original and saved it as my own file.
  • Options
    I don't have performance problems. It needs max. 30 sec to update every sheet. The only setting i change in a new version is Display Maximum Base Values only for 5*.
  • Options
    @cmdrworf When you release a new version, how do I integrate it into the version I saved for myself since I copied the original and saved it as my own file.

You have to transfer you values to the new sheet. Fortunately, now with a lot of the data auto-populated, you only need to focus on the Missions and Settings tabs. Notes are problematic, since the sheet now auto-orders by name instead of putting the new characters at the bottom. You could sort by version on both sheets and then they should line up so that you can copy them all at once. Make sure to clear any filters before you do.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself