Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    While this is a bit early, happy labor day to our resident laborer, @cmdrworf with thanks for all of his hard work!
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Is there a way I can fix the Cristobal Rios name issue? That special character doesn't render correctly. Thanks
  • Options
    ACE wrote: »
    Is there a way I can fix the Cristobal Rios name issue? That special character doesn't render correctly. Thanks

I actually use another spreadsheet to import the datacore csv that makes the replacements before I import it into the DNA sheet.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

I actually use another spreadsheet to import the datacore csv that makes the replacements before I import it into the DNA sheet.

What spreadsheet do you use to do this?
  • Options
    I just edit it in the import itself and it works, but I've got to do that every time I reimport.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    I just edit it in the import itself and it works, but I've got to do that every time I reimport.

At what stage? I'm unsure where an editable field is.
  • Options

After import in the Import sheet.
    It's a language problem, i don't have it in germany.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Loretta wrote: »

Thank you, but I don't understand.
    Also, do we leave checked the convert text to numbers, symbols, formulas at import?
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

Also, do we leave checked the convert text to numbers, symbols, formulas at import?

Ok, I don't know why, but I thought it wouldn't let me edit the import sheet before. I fixed Cristobal. Thanks
  • Options

Ok, I don't know why, but I thought it wouldn't let me edit the import sheet before. I fixed Cristobal. Thanks

not before, but after every import. I don't think you can fix it so fast, while the creator of this tool don't have an idea how ;-)
  • Options
    not before, but after every import. I don't think you can fix it so fast, while the creator of this tool don't have an idea how ;-)
    Yeah, it's annoying to do after every import, and I usually don't bother, but when it bugs me, I do it.
  • Options
    it's better to ignore it ;-)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tried so dang many times to fix him...... I've got a few more ideas. One of these days..... :smile:

And sorry about being absent for a bit. Just lost my father in law last week after a stay on Hospice. Its been one !#@!@ of a year for me.

New update should be posted soonish. Trying to catch up on crew.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is a bit early, happy labor day to our resident laborer, @cmdrworf with thanks for all of his hard work!

Thank you.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I have tried so dang many times to fix him...... I've got a few more ideas. One of these days..... :smile:

And sorry about being absent for a bit. Just lost my father in law last week after a stay on Hospice. Its been one !#@!@ of a year for me.

Rather you take care of yourself than thinking about us in here. Not that we do not appreciate the work you put into it, but would rather see you take the time required than seing you burn out because you feel you have to do updates
  • Options

Don't worry about us, just make the updates when your time allows. I feel for you because of your father.
  • Options

Dang, what a crappy year for you. My thoughts are again with your family - I hope you are all making it through this difficult time. As always, take all the time you need for yourself and your family.
  • Options

Sorry about your father @cmdrworf 😢
  • Options

Okayy, I wonder why the next update took so much time without taking the risk to bother you with that.
    Sorry about you loss and take your time; we can live with the current version some more time with no problem.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »

Okayy, I wonder why the next update took so much time without taking the risk to bother you with that.
    Sorry about you loss and take your time; we can live with the current version some more time with no problem.

Thanks. On the plus side its almost done, but I'm waiting for the new collection Shan mentioned yesterday. Might as well include that. I'll be away after tomorrow for a few days for the funeral again so I'm hoping to publish later today/early tomorrow (depending on work).
  • Options
    So far I know the new collection is Primal. I can guess all with Primal trait goes into Primal collection.
  • Options

@cmdrworf I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the in game message about the new collection said Sept 28th...
    Sorry for your loss.

• Options
    New collection is "original thinking" in with the ressourceful trait
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New collection is "original thinking" in with the ressourceful trait

Yep. I've got it about 75% done already. Shan mentioned it in the thread about the change to Platonian Checkov's skill changes.
  • Options
    I'm want to say up front that what I'm about to say shouldn't be interpreted as criticism of cmdrworf or those who created the dna spreadsheet.

With that out of the way, I'm at the place where I have about half of the purples immortalized and have somewhere around 20-25 golds immortalized as well. When I need to make room for new crew, I generally use the freeze/airlock logic to identify 1/4s that I can send off to space. I realize that I likely have 4/4 crew active that I don't need because I also have gold crew with the same skills. I haven't figured out a way to identify those crew and freeze them.

Anyone have ideas on how to best do that while keeping enough depth for events?
  • Options
    DaviCon1DaviCon1 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I realize that I likely have 4/4 crew active that I don't need because I also have gold crew with the same skills. I haven't figured out a way to identify those crew and freeze them.

I change Best Active Skill to 3 and the Voyage Settings to 5/3/5. That gets me about where I need to be. When I use Datacore to help set voyage crew and select to include frozen crew, I'm never missing any from my already actives.

DNA always tells me to freeze two of my 5/5 crew that frequently get called for my voyages, though, so I always ignore those recommendations (Kol of House Kor and Suspiria). When I'm in a pinch for a Faction event with a boatload of crew variants, I sort my active 4/4s by CAB Rating and start freezing those at the bottom that I never see come up in my voyages, gauntlets, or regular faction missions.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaviCon1 wrote: »
    I realize that I likely have 4/4 crew active that I don't need because I also have gold crew with the same skills. I haven't figured out a way to identify those crew and freeze them.

I change Best Active Skill to 3 and the Voyage Settings to 5/3/5. That gets me about where I need to be. When I use Datacore to help set voyage crew and select to include frozen crew, I'm never missing any from my already actives.

DNA always tells me to freeze two of my 5/5 crew that frequently get called for my voyages, though, so I always ignore those recommendations (Kol of House Kor and Suspiria). When I'm in a pinch for a Faction event with a boatload of crew variants, I sort my active 4/4s by CAB Rating and start freezing those at the bottom that I never see come up in my voyages, gauntlets, or regular faction missions.

I would also turn off the maximum base value for 3* and 4*. That should focus more on the voyage skills for the recommendations.

As to your comment on Kor and Suspiria if you are using them a lot and they are still freeze recommendations there may be another issue. Would you mind sharing your sheet with me VIA PM to take a look.

• Options

I would also turn off the maximum base value for 3* and 4*. That should focus more on the voyage skills for the recommendations.

As to your comment on Kor and Suspiria if you are using them a lot and they are still freeze recommendations there may be another issue. Would you mind sharing your sheet with me VIA PM to take a look.

Thanks for the suggestion, @cmdrworf, I have been turning off the max base values for 3* for a long time but hadn't started doing that for 4* yet. Hard to judge when you have a robust enough set of 5*s to do that (sooooo many 1/5s that aren't as good as the 4/4s yet). Will try that out!

Will pm you my sheet, although I never considered it a flaw. Figured I had just crowded them out with my other settings changes and they were just deep enough to get the freeze recommendation but just high enough to still be useful. Thanks so much for the years of work and I'm so sorry for your loss and rough year. I don't chat often, but have used DNA for years. Between that and Datacore, I don't know how the game would be playable without those to help with so many crew now.