Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I'm at the tipping point of being ready to freeze all of my purples and only have those in my crew that I'm immortalizing. I'd like to do that, but maybe keep 2-3 in the areas where I'm weak. I know that Captain Idol's sheet can tell me that, but honestly I just get overwhelmed at having to look by pair or triplet to who is in the top XX, note that, etc. Beyond the sheet saying to freeze crew, how do you manage where you're weak?

On the Stats tab (yeah, the one I just rehid), columns OV to RJ will show crew that can help your voyages regardless of crew rarity. that would show you places you could improve. I don't really have anything to show you places to improve gauntlet easily. Let me think if there is anything else hidden I could point you to that might help you out.

cmdrworf, I think I may have a solution, but I'm not smart enough to do this for myself. Rows OX through QA give the voyage stats by pair. If the sheet could display the average of crew that you own by pair, that could give a 75% solution on where you're weak. For a ridiculously simple example:

CMD/DIP CMD/SEC CMD/SCI
    627 653 427

This tells me focus on CMD/SCI until those numbers are all roughly equal.

Does anyone think that would be of value?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the tipping point of being ready to freeze all of my purples and only have those in my crew that I'm immortalizing. I'd like to do that, but maybe keep 2-3 in the areas where I'm weak. I know that Captain Idol's sheet can tell me that, but honestly I just get overwhelmed at having to look by pair or triplet to who is in the top XX, note that, etc. Beyond the sheet saying to freeze crew, how do you manage where you're weak?

On the Stats tab (yeah, the one I just rehid), columns OV to RJ will show crew that can help your voyages regardless of crew rarity. that would show you places you could improve. I don't really have anything to show you places to improve gauntlet easily. Let me think if there is anything else hidden I could point you to that might help you out.

cmdrworf, I think I may have a solution, but I'm not smart enough to do this for myself. Rows OX through QA give the voyage stats by pair. If the sheet could display the average of crew that you own by pair, that could give a 75% solution on where you're weak. For a ridiculously simple example:

CMD/DIP CMD/SEC CMD/SCI
    627 653 427

This tells me focus on CMD/SCI until those numbers are all roughly equal.

Does anyone think that would be of value?

I see where you are going. I'd probably want to take that a bit further and do that average based on the top x number only. maybe top 5 or 10 in each pair.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Is anyone else having an issue with the gauntlet page reverting to default sorting after performing a sort? It's been happening to me since 5.18. I feel like I had this happen before (in the mid-4's or so) and there was a workaround or something I had flipped but I can't recall it at the moment or find it on the boards.

I'm having the same issue. I had been fixed, but now it's not working again. I see someone mentioned an old work around, but still, it'd be nice not to have to do that. (Also, it's not viable on certain platforms)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    erulin9 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue with the gauntlet page reverting to default sorting after performing a sort? It's been happening to me since 5.18. I feel like I had this happen before (in the mid-4's or so) and there was a workaround or something I had flipped but I can't recall it at the moment or find it on the boards.

I'm having the same issue. I had been fixed, but now it's not working again. I see someone mentioned an old work around, but still, it'd be nice not to have to do that. (Also, it's not viable on certain platforms)

We're looking into the issue. Might be related to some of the performance fixes we did.

Edit - Yes its our performance fixes. We made some changes to eliminate the issues with the gauntlet tab breaking when we did work on other tabs and the implementation of that is causing the sorting to auto-undo itself now.
  • Options
    Personal Request, low priority if it's difficult to implement: Could the "Voyage Improvement" bit under "Reason" be moved before "Collections" instead of after? It would make sense to be over with the other "Voyage" reasons, like "Voyage Crew" and "Top Voyager" instead of all the way at the end after "Collections" where it is now.
  • Options
    Personal Request, low priority if it's difficult to implement: Could the "Voyage Improvement" bit under "Reason" be moved before "Collections" instead of after? It would make sense to be over with the other "Voyage" reasons, like "Voyage Crew" and "Top Voyager" instead of all the way at the end after "Collections" where it is now.

Sort it by your self with drag and drop.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I didn't realize I didn't group them together. That was an oversight when I added them. I intended to keep the like types grouped together. Should be an easy adjustment. The Collection recommendations should be last.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version release. All updates/fixes complete except the resort on the recommendations.

"Added Kyrian to Quarren of the Kyrian
    Corrected Qalankhkai Elnor to be from Picard
    Added New Crew: Temporarily Detained Jett Reno, Brunt, F.C.A., Disorderly Icheb, Ryn, Paul Mayweather, Barge of the Dead Torres
    added tardigrade’ to Ripper
    Added new Collection - Wunderkind - Based on Prodigy
    Added Civilian to Tribble Phlox"
    Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort
  • Options
    How, exactly?
  • Options
    New version release. All updates/fixes complete except the resort on the recommendations.

Added New Crew: Temporarily Detained Jett Reno, Brunt, F.C.A., Disorderly Icheb, Ryn, Paul Mayweather, Barge of the Dead Torres
    Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort

Tab Crew, Column Gauntlet is broken
  • Options
    How, exactly?

I'm sorry, i missunderstood your intention. It's not possible, what i suggested (engl. is not my mother language)
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭

Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort

Oh, I see the problem. We'll get that fixed. Thanks!
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭

Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort

By the way, while you're waiting for the official fix, you can try to fix it yourself.

If you look at the formula, you'll see something like vlookup(A4:A,Import!$A:$L ...
    Please change that to vlookup(A4:A,Import!$A:$M
  • Options
    mr_sparky wrote: »

Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort

By the way, while you're waiting for the official fix, you can try to fix it yourself.

If you look at the formula, you'll see something like vlookup(A4:A,Import!$A:$L ...

That works, thanks
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed Gauntlet Tab Sort

That works, thanks

Stealth Fixed if anyone ones to redownload.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdmiralMemo FYI, this will be fixed in 5.22. Sorry it missed 5.21 but I ran out of time. I've got it done and just waiting for this weeks crew now so I know it will be in the release. B)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Publishing New Version. 5.22

"Resorted Crew Recommendations. Collections are now last on the list
    Added New Crew: Civilian Exchange Chapel, Dr. M'Benga, O'Brien at the Conn, Pirate Tendi, Chief Engineer Hemmer, First Officer Una
    Added new tier to ""A new Challeger approachers""
    Added new collection - Pet People"
    "Fixed Issue with Gauntlet on Crew Tab
    Added additional performace enhancements"
  • Options
    crew tab "space/freeze" and "freeze" recommendations not there- column W
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »

It seems to be working for me. What are you seeing/not seeing? Are you using the Datacore import?
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Hi there,
    There is something wrong with gauntlet settings on my 5.22.
    All crew are noticed "Gauntlet xxx" for every skill they have or even dont have for some !
    r0vldix78g0o.png
    Look there, Mr Vup is Gauntlet ENG/SCI/MED but he has none of these skills and Captain Scott is the KING of Gauntlet for every single skill !
    So I uncheck gauntlet in settings and remember not to freeze my gauntlet crew.
    But you should have a look @ that.
  • Options
    CigAros_DKCigAros_DK ✭✭
    edited July 2022

It seems to be working for me. What are you seeing/not seeing? Are you using the Datacore import?

Got the same issue, using Datacore import.

Stats sheet unhidden in my 5.22.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigAros_DK wrote: »

Got the same issue, using Datacore import.

Stats sheet unhidden in my 5.22.

Ok, the easy fix is done. Stats is hidden.... Something must be wrong with the Datacore import or the import process, although I've not done anything with that for awhile. (and I don't use it personally so time to test again....).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you share you sheet with me via PM?
  • Options
    if i uncheck the gauntlet box on settings tab it works ok, ( i don't use the gauntlet part so is ok with me)
  • Options
    For the issue with Gauntlet on 5.22, it looks like the Stats tab data in starting in column CC is populated with empty strings ("") in 5.22, whereas in my 5.20 sheet it has zeros. For whatever reason, Google Sheets evaluates empty strings as greater than a number, which is breaking the Gauntlet recommendations. In my very limited testing, it looks like rather than populating with empty strings, you could leave it blank (i.e. =IF(condition, val_if_true, ) vs =IF(condition, val_if_true, "") ) and it would work properly again.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options

PM sent
  • Options
    CigAros_DK wrote: »

PM sent

When I copied the Stats sheet from 5.22 to 5.21 I'm missing "space/freeze" and "freeze".
    When I copied the Stats sheet from 5.21 to 5.22 I have "space/freeze" and "freeze".

Seems the problem's in the Stats sheet of 5.22.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, 5.23 is coming today. I "think" we have everything fixed (thanks @mr_sparky ) for that work. I can't take the credit on this wave as he did the leg work on all of these patches. No new functionality just the patches, although I may try to slide in puppy janeway before I push it out.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    publishing 5.23.

"Added New Crew: Outpost Vina, Puppy-Placated Janeway.
    Updated Pet People Collecton with Puppy-Placated Janeway, B-4 and Lewis Zimmerman."
    Fix Gauntlet Recomendations, Performance Improvements
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, I made a sheet that you input the difficulty and traits and it gives you all the crew that work for each combination. It's been really helpful in finding those triplets or crew that hit multiple options. Not so useful when you can't see all the traits.