Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• Options
    erulin9 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I made a sheet that you input the difficulty and traits and it gives you all the crew that work for each combination. It's been really helpful in finding those triplets or crew that hit multiple options. Not so useful when you can't see all the traits.

Sounds great. Could you post the link so that we can take a look?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxjNSbl64Kz3HPWWDij1nX_qMTyTfDJS22PJ0K-c2AU/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully I did this right so that you can see the sheet and not edit my version. It pulls from other parts of the DNA sheet so you'd have to copy the sheet into yours. You change the boss difficulty in the upper left so that you'll filter for the right number of stars, then complete the traits across for the nodes and down for the list of possible traits. (It's also ugly as sin, sorry.)
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    I’m confused, where did the Dilemma tab go in the most recent version?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquiel wrote: »

Its still there. It just wasn't loading. if its not loading the dilemmas put your cursor in the query, and press enter and force a reload. sometimes it gets messed up from the website I pull it from.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxjNSbl64Kz3HPWWDij1nX_qMTyTfDJS22PJ0K-c2AU/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully I did this right so that you can see the sheet and not edit my version. It pulls from other parts of the DNA sheet so you'd have to copy the sheet into yours. You change the boss difficulty in the upper left so that you'll filter for the right number of stars, then complete the traits across for the nodes and down for the list of possible traits. (It's also ugly as sin, sorry.)

@erulin9 Permission to steal and modify? I was starting to build something to add to the DNA as a helper for this.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Its still there. It just wasn't loading. if its not loading the dilemmas put your cursor in the query, and press enter and force a reload. sometimes it gets messed up from the website I pull it from.

I am having so much trouble with the Dilemmas! I work on an iPad exclusively, would that have anything to do with the issues?

bl6e4u9nhv6h.jpeg

Even your original version isn’t pulling the dilemmas correctly for me.

Now it’s working again 😖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something with the Wiki is acting weird and not pulling the dilemmas correctly all the time. I'm trying to figure it out as I really don't want to leave it "hard coded" in there although I may change to that.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Announcing the BOSS BATTLES EDITION. Version 5.50

"Added Boss Battles Feature. You can now search for matching crew. check off ""used"" traits and gradually filter down to find the right crew for a node. It will also highlight owned vs unowned crew. Good luck. and thanks to Traveling Man for letting me use much of his work from his sheet to jump start this one.
    Number One / Una are now the same. you can search for either in settings
    Added New crew: Vedala Elder, Frantic McCoy, Demo Man Scotty, Lt. Commander Ortegas, Bionic 5 Rutherford"
  • Options
    @erulin9 Permission to steal and modify? I was starting to build something to add to the DNA as a helper for this.

By all means! Hopefully you can improve upon it. (Or at least make it pretty.)
  • Options
    @cmdrworf There weren't enough rows on the hidden IDU sheet. It was causing issues with the Crew sheet.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmdrworf There weren't enough rows on the hidden IDU sheet. It was causing issues with the Crew sheet.

@Ward Serpentine Hmmm... that one just starts at single rows with the options to add more. I'll see if I can change it to be pre-populated and see if that fixes it. How many crew do you have? just curious at what point it errored as I may have more pages I need to expand.

• Options
    CigAros_DKCigAros_DK ✭✭
    edited July 2022

"Added Boss Battles Feature. You can now search for matching crew. check off ""used"" traits and gradually filter down to find the right crew for a node. It will also highlight owned vs unowned crew. Good luck. and thanks to Traveling Man ...

Nice!

However not seeing the highlight.
    Do they need to be active?
    Edit: Column C's fill color was hiding the values...

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigAros_DK wrote: »

"Added Boss Battles Feature. You can now search for matching crew. check off ""used"" traits and gradually filter down to find the right crew for a node. It will also highlight owned vs unowned crew. Good luck. and thanks to Traveling Man ...

Nice!

However not seeing the highlight.
    Do they need to be active?
    Edit: Column C's fill color was hiding the values...

I've had issues with the conditional formatting for the highlighting of owned crew. the column C fill is intentional as I was hiding it and trying to use the color to drive it vs another field. I'll take a look and see if I can fix the color again. dang.
  • Options

I've had issues with the conditional formatting for the highlighting of owned crew. the column C fill is intentional as I was hiding it and trying to use the color to drive it vs another field. I'll take a look and see if I can fix the color again. dang.

On BossBattlesHidden I replaced
    =ARRAYFORMULA(IF(ISBLANK(Stats!$BO5:$BO),False,True))

with
    =Stats!BO5>0

all the way down and it works.
  • Options
    DeeMentiaDeeMentia ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    For the boss battles - I'm putting in traits etc, but nothing comes up. nothing. Does it ignore frozen?

nevermind - think i figured it out. Since Human had been used (greyed out), I didn't add it. Rios was the winner. Still figuring out the rules of the battles - THANK YOU! for the tool!!!
  • Options
    erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I added a trait counter to the main crew page. I was thinking that might be a nice way to filter crew as it seems that some crew keep popping up due to their large number of traits.

=LEN(Stats!BI5)- LEN(SUBSTITUTE(Stats!BI5,",",""))-1

This strikes me as an inelegant solution, but it was what I found with google. Basically it counts the characters in the list of traits, then removes all the commas and counts that number of characters. The difference then is the number of items in the list (minus 1 since there's a leading comma).

Also: Tribble finds all the Tribbeled crew when I think there's really only one Tribble crew - Captain Tribble.

ETA: Theres a variation of the crew finder from CAB that also lists which traits the crew has, which I find very helpful.
  • Options
    Typo: DaiMon Solok is listed in "Variants" as "DiaMon Solok" and why I couldn't find him for the event at first.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typo: DaiMon Solok is listed in "Variants" as "DiaMon Solok" and why I couldn't find him for the event at first.

The problem here is you have DaiMon Solok, plus Captain Solok, and and Logican Solok. I went with DaiMon Soolok as his full name to have some distinction from the two versions of Solok. This is where I hate that Trek reuses names for different characters.

I'm open for suggestions on how people would like these cases handled.
  • Options
    The issue appears to be with DAI vs DIA, a transposition of characters.

4j6bio9z9xg0.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue appears to be with DAI vs DIA, a transposition of characters.

4j6bio9z9xg0.png

Ahh... Didn't catch that. Fixing for the next release now.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Releasing 5.51.

Added New Crew: Commander Ransom, Lt. JG Kayshon, EV Suit Rutherford, Corrupted Badgey, Ensign Rutherford, Insubordinate Mariner, Cabaret Georgiou
    Fixed Typo in Daimon Solok
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    Another Dilemma question:
    STT Wiki recommends choosing B for dilemma for A Higher Duty, Part 2
    DNAirlock checklist also recommends B & has Dr. Leonard McCoy listed in the column Crew Name. Does that mean McCoy is received most often when B is chosen or what does that indicate?
  • Options
    The names on the sheet are listed simply to show which SRs you can get once you reach Part 3. The order doesn't really mean anything. If you don't select option B on Part 2, you won't see Part 3
  • Options
    how do i reset the boss battle tab?
  • Options
    @cmdrworf All of the "Z*" crew on BossBattlesHidden are missing their R-Column formula for Total Traits
  • Options
    CigAros_DKCigAros_DK ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Now that I've gotten used to being able to see if a crew is owned on BossBattles, I would really like to see if that crew is active as well...

So instead of just TRUE/FALSE in C > "ACTIVE"/"FROZEN"/"UNOWNED" or just TRUE/"FROZEN"/FALSE.
  • Options

The problem here is you have DaiMon Solok, plus Captain Solok, and and Logican Solok. I went with DaiMon Soolok as his full name to have some distinction from the two versions of Solok. This is where I hate that Trek reuses names for different characters.

I'm open for suggestions on how people would like these cases handled.

My Opinion is we should use the names from the JSON or player tools. WRG is ultimately the source of truth on these matters.

On another note, I noticed I could have optimized my choices of who to unfreeze only once I saw what traits each crew offers. Any chance to add that with the active column?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Dilemma question:
    STT Wiki recommends choosing B for dilemma for A Higher Duty, Part 2
    DNAirlock checklist also recommends B & has Dr. Leonard McCoy listed in the column Crew Name. Does that mean McCoy is received most often when B is chosen or what does that indicate?

Yes.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradski wrote: »
    how do i reset the boss battle tab?

right now you need to click in each box and hit delete (or update to the new trait for the next battle). I've not added a reset function yet..... I'll need to do that.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigAros_DK wrote: »
    Now that I've gotten used to being able to see if a crew is owned on BossBattles, I would really like to see if that crew is active as well...

So instead of just TRUE/FALSE in C > "ACTIVE"/"FROZEN"/"UNOWNED" or just TRUE/"FROZEN"/FALSE.

That should be an easy addition. I'll work on that.