Options

Key information about the event: Reunion at Dawn - ME#4 - 02/27

Comments

• Options
    That is a lot of bonus crew. A LOT.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I mean yes, the bonus crew pool usually grows by the end of the mega due to the new characters introduced, but throwing BOTH a Worf AND Troi in the last event balloons it for sure.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Katla wrote: »
    I'll add the star to Kira, but she's an extremely weak card. But so it goes. I can't complain that there's a path to at least slowly work on those old 5s.

Extremely weak? Base1: 1250+ Base2: 1000+? Thats NOT weak at all! ;)
    rwhat3911lh1.jpeg

She is on alot of voyages and shuttles for me. She is actually my only DIP/SEC/COM crew

9u7uy3w7w0tu.png

Did you not keep Quinn? I believe he’s the top voyage char for that particular skill combo.

I did not. I don’t know the character and didn’t want to use my honor or citations on him

That was one of Voyager’s better episodes, in my opinion, and a fascinating look inside the Q Continuum. It’s worth checking out.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have 39 4/4 or better. I'd have more, but I can't be bothered to thaw BO Troi or Rekal Troi or Defiant Commander Worf.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I'll have 39 4/4 or better. I'd have more, but I can't be bothered to thaw BO Troi or Rekal Troi or Defiant Commander Worf.

Defiant Commander Worf is awful even in the events he's featured in!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I mean yes, the bonus crew pool usually grows by the end of the mega due to the new characters introduced, but throwing BOTH a Worf AND Troi in the last event balloons it for sure.

I’ve come to the conclusion that after a point, having more and more bonus crew no longer matters unless you’re going completely nuts and running 8+ shuttles constantly. Case in point - I’ve frozen more than a few crew I thought I might need, including Paul Stubbs, because ENG/SCI is so very loaded in this mega. Between an immortal Spider Barclay, a 4/5* FE Spider Barclay, an immortal Timicin, an immortal LtC Jadzia, an immortal Mountaineer Spock, a 2/5* Seven in Silver, a 1/5* FE Annika Hansen, and a 1/5* FE Laborer Spock, I don’t need any 4* crew with those two skills at all.
  • Options

I’ve come to the conclusion that after a point, having more and more bonus crew no longer matters unless you’re going completely nuts and running 8+ shuttles constantly. Case in point - I’ve frozen more than a few crew I thought I might need, including Paul Stubbs, because ENG/SCI is so very loaded in this mega. Between an immortal Spider Barclay, a 4/5* FE Spider Barclay, an immortal Timicin, an immortal LtC Jadzia, an immortal Mountaineer Spock, a 2/5* Seven in Silver, a 1/5* FE Annika Hansen, and a 1/5* FE Laborer Spock, I don’t need any 4* crew with those two skills at all.

I agree with you. Granted I've been doing a very slow thaw assuming somehow the last faction even would have a fantastic 5* ranked reward and could throw everything at that event... now that it's an old legendary, I doubt I'll need to use anything but my small bonus legendaries and maybe a few extra boosts or shuttles to get top 1500.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I count 99 bonus crew. Is that the record? Does anyone track that? Off the top of my head, the last Disco event had 78 and the Killy Faction from 2018 had 82.
  • Options

I will probably have 30 crew I won't even take out of the freezer! So far, 1701 Dax, Grad/Prospect Burnham, Kurak, Mirror Jen, Holo Barclay, etc. haven't made it out of the cold, and they won't for the final event.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough crew to fill 4 shuttles is usually enough to rank if you're running some good time reducers, this event could be a blood bath so who knows but either way you will DEFINITELY not need almost 100 bonus crew
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a certain guarantee for those that want to hit all thresholds
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Enough crew to fill 4 shuttles is usually enough to rank if you're running some good time reducers, this event could be a blood bath so who knows but either way you will DEFINITELY not need almost 100 bonus crew

I'm sure some of those almost 100 are 1-3 stars. Still.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't call her a bad card at the moment. She currently has the #10 DIP score and the #5 SEC/DIP total for Voyages. Those rankings are far from stable, of course, but she'll still have some long-term utility as bridge crew. (It's also hard to imagine we won't get a Badda Bing, Badda Bang collection someday as well.)

I already have her at 2/5. Is she good enough for me to grind out more stars during next week's event? Not really. Is she good enough for me to grab another star from the regular rewards in the rerun event itself? If I have the time, sure, why not.

SHE WON'T BE IN THRESHOLD REWARDS!

I wish I understood why people seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between Flashback and Replay events.

But one rule is simple. No character is EVER both a threshold and rank reward. If a character is a rank reward then the character WILL NOT appear in threshold rewards. If a character is in threshold rewards then A DIFFERENT character is in rank rewards.

My apologies for the mistake. Thank you for clarifying the difference between them.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

six shuttles (or more) if you are running on tokens from campaigns like some will be *innocent whistling*
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    Getting back to the collection speculations; obviously this looks like an Age of Sail collection is in the making, but there's no reason to assume it might stop there. We could see a couple others added or an update to existing ones. I'd like to see a 40 tier added to the skill upgrading collections.
  • Options
    7fp9cnaumra5.jpeg

Didn't we just have this event 9 months ago? Seems soon to be having it as a flashback/rerun
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, I wouldn't call her a bad card at the moment. She currently has the #10 DIP score and the #5 SEC/DIP total for Voyages. Those rankings are far from stable, of course, but she'll still have some long-term utility as bridge crew. (It's also hard to imagine we won't get a Badda Bing, Badda Bang collection someday as well.)

I already have her at 2/5. Is she good enough for me to grind out more stars during next week's event? Not really. Is she good enough for me to grab another star from the regular rewards in the rerun event itself? If I have the time, sure, why not.

....I wish I understood why people seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between Flashback and Replay events....

Must be cuz we're stupid I guess ... I don't have the slightest idea what the difference is! In fact: I darn't even know what they are. Guess I'll go ask it of my cusin Billy Bob and his blue tick hound dawg.

>>>> gonna go look for me a turnip truck >>>> :p:p:p (a nice new shiny one)

Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Theory: @Cuttysark is @DScottHewitt from the future, but the jump back in time has given him amnesia of his time playing.

(Just to be clear, you're both great and I love the character you each bring to the forum. But for real, you're one person. 👍)
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    a clone maybe?????
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! ;)

.... now will somerbody tell me wat da diference is! gee whiz! I have me my still that needs attendin' to, dem chores dont do demselves ... ;)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Age of Sail Troi!

This better mean a collection is coming - we're only missing Picard.

Picard's absence is so conspicuous at this point that I wonder if he'll be a reward for the collection itself, a la Lucille Davenport.

That would be interesting. There would only be 6 cards to max in total, so once you max the second in the collection you’d start collecting Picard I guess.
  • Options
    Garrrrgh! I was just going to threshold and out this week, and not deal with AOS Worf, but now I see a need to get back in it and get me a copy of him, as he would be the only one I would be missing.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Sail Troi!

Yes, if there is a collection then it would be very soon to maximise sales on the current campaign. Probably Thursday when the event goes live, or the next Tuesday on reset.

There were also about a dozen deck hands, it would be nice to see these, but I expect it is too late, and DB may have trouble tracking them down.
    Age of Sail Troi!

Picard's absence is so conspicuous at this point that I wonder if he'll be a reward for the collection itself, a la Lucille Davenport.

I reward would be great, far better than in a Tuesday pack. But then I am expecting a Tuesday pack of AoS crew after next weeks event.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Happy at the opportunity to add to my 1/5 Decoy Kira, but meh overall about this rerun/flashback.

I hope this means not only a new Age of Sail collection, but that it is part of a broader package of enhancements and expansions coming to the game.

Should be a flashback, right?

Yes. Having Kira means it's a flashback.

Appreciate the confirmation. Wondering if I should bother to FE my 1/5 Queen Guinevere Kira or 2/5 Commander Kira Nerys, since it's a Galaxy event. Likewise with my 1/5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd.

I already have Tolar and Time Loop Mudd FF/FE and I assume I'll have a 1/5 Decoy Kira FE.
    Happy at the opportunity to add to my 1/5 Decoy Kira, but meh overall about this rerun/flashback.

I hope this means not only a new Age of Sail collection, but that it is part of a broader package of enhancements and expansions coming to the game.

Appreciate the confirmation. Wondering if I should bother to FE my 1/5 Queen Guinevere Kira or 2/5 Commander Kira Nerys, since it's a Galaxy event. Likewise with my 1/5 Harcourt Fenton Mudd.

I already have Tolar and Time Loop Mudd FF/FE and I assume I'll have a 1/5 Decoy Kira FE.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of assumed that Young Picard would show up in the last event. I guess I'm dumb that way.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    He could be a new 2 or 3*.
  • Options
    Katla wrote: »
    I'll add the star to Kira, but she's an extremely weak card. But so it goes. I can't complain that there's a path to at least slowly work on those old 5s.

I admit, she is only my 4th best DIP. But I will take weak cards like her every day, dB!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of assumed that Young Picard would show up in the last event. I guess I'm dumb that way.

It would have been cool. I think many of us did think he would. Shame he didn’t. Though he may be in the Tuesday pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Sail Troi!

That would be interesting. There would only be 6 cards to max in total, so once you max the second in the collection you’d start collecting Picard I guess.

didn't we also not have janeway in any of the events during sweaty janeway mega month? i've had voyage picard in line for cites so i can finally freeze him but if he is not bonus during PICARD MONTH, i guess he gets to stay outside :D