Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Reunion at Dawn - ME#4 - 02/27

Comments

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much a comment on Troi. More about the game. I have had a shuttle with a Med seat, but I don't expect to see it again. I have well over 200 MED boosts. Almost 20 each Sci and Eng. And less than 10 of the rest combined. Which fairly accurately illustrates what shuttle seats usually look like.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent out 14 shuttles for Klingon and Terran after my jump start. All above 85% chance with 1.5 hour boost. Got 50K.

I have the resources and crew more than I've ever had before, but no motivation. If I already had this Kira, but I don't, and have better crew to cite. I'll see what the announcement tomorrow says, but I may get threshold and be done. She is not a bad card, but I'm just not sure I want to fight.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Not so much a comment on Troi. More about the game. I have had a shuttle with a Med seat, but I don't expect to see it again. I have well over 200 MED boosts. Almost 20 each Sci and Eng. And less than 10 of the rest combined. Which fairly accurately illustrates what shuttle seats usually look like.

It's been like that from the beginning. I think originally it was helpful to scale that way since there were relatively fewer MED crew at launch, but we've clearly outgrown that concern. A MED mega could be in order. Throw in a new 5* Ezri in an event that isn't a Galaxy; the U.S.S. Pasteur; and a recurring 5* with MED/SEC/SCI or MED/CMD/ENG.

I've even got the perfect naming scheme. The mega itself would be titled "I'm a Doctor..." and each week would have a different ending to that phrase reflecting one of that week's off-theme featured crew member. Example: Week 1 could feature Dr. M'Benga and be titled "...Not an Intern on Vulcan!"

I can’t awesome this twice, so I’ll just quote it. I’d also argue that Bricklayer Bones has to be the recurring legendary, with MED/ENG/SCI as the skill order.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to get that Med seat it was in the Terran Empire. Maybe that's their way of trying to get players to go for a Faction other than the Federation in an event...
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been like that from the beginning. I think originally it was helpful to scale that way since there were relatively fewer MED crew at launch, but we've clearly outgrown that concern. A MED mega could be in order. Throw in a new 5* Ezri in an event that isn't a Galaxy; the U.S.S. Pasteur; and a recurring 5* with MED/SEC/SCI or MED/CMD/ENG.

I've even got the perfect naming scheme. The mega itself would be titled "I'm a Doctor..." and each week would have a different ending to that phrase reflecting one of that week's off-theme featured crew member. Example: Week 1 could feature Dr. M'Benga and be titled "...Not an Intern on Vulcan!"

I can’t awesome this twice, so I’ll just quote it. I’d also argue that Bricklayer Bones has to be the recurring legendary, with MED/ENG/SCI as the skill order.

What's that? CMD/DIP/SEC? You got it!
  • Options
    If anyone wants to get that Med seat it was in the Terran Empire. Maybe that's their way of trying to get players to go for a Faction other than the Federation in an event...

C'mon, y'all! Support the Terran Empire! They are us and we are them... and they have Polyalloys that we need.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at what traits could come next and while physician has exactly the crew pool size DB likes for megas, I don't think they'd want to throw 6 or 7 new MED crew at once. Historically, they've been extremely stingy with the stat, so we'd probably get half of the legendaries and most of the super rares with some variation of cmd/dip/sec and the mega would disappoint as much as the current one. So all in all, unless they're ready to open the MED floodgates, they shouldn't do it. We just got an astrophysicist mega without a new Spock, Dax or Paris so what do you think a Physician mega would look like?
  • Options

I love this idea! Maybe if it was posted in "Make it so" too, it might get more attention from DB? It doesn't hurt to hope for it, I guess :D
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon, y'all! Support the Terran Empire! They are us and we are them... and they have Polyalloys that we need.

I'm in it for the alcohol ... and don't feel like getting chummy at the bar with a klingon.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    What's wrong with DB lately? All the purple MED crew has been awful for months. The art is fine but the stats aren't. Even bottom tier crew from 2017 is better.

So the card about 20th among 4/4 purples for voyages. And basically the same 4/4 as a 1/5 humbled archer for voyages. That's not that bad of a card.

The voyage metrics are inflated by a big but useless proficiency. She's not good for the gauntlet and definitely not good for events. I suppose that newer players able to rank to 130k VP will enjoy a decent purple crew for voyages and that's great, but some of her power could have been put into bases without hurting the voyage numbers. 750-ish bases for a non gauntlet crew is abysmal for a super rare in 2020. Compare that to Mirror Burnham and her 892 DIP base and it's night and day.

Who cares? For experienced players only 5* matter anyway. For newer players she'll have a use on Voyages. Her base is still good enough with a bonus for the event.

You're arguing that every 4* needs to be all base because that's what you care about.

I was wondering that myself. If you’re worried about the stats of a 4 star then you may have bigger game issues. Especially since there is a ton of event crew this event already. At this point it’s about the coolness of the card and the card is pretty cool

OK please explain me how enjoying getting useful cards for future event having "bigger game issues" because I don't get it. I don't need age of sail Troi, don't need her to be good, but I enjoy growing my event super rare crew with nice main cast additions. It's about fun not needs, you need to take a deep breath and relax, if something isn't fun (to me) in a video game of course I'm going to call it out.

776 MED. Next time she's bonus that's 1552. That's better than all MED crew besides McCoy. Sorry that's not good enough for you.

You say it's about fun to you. Hey, here's a cool new card I got. That's fun. You're the one who is apparently freaking out about a 50 point base stat difference. If 50 points really ruins your fun, I think you need to reassess your priorities in life.

Yes, hopefully AOSail Troi will have usefulness in a future event, since I haven't seen a single MED shuttle seat since the beginning of this event. I finally had to put her on a DIP/CMD seat since there was one open.

And I agree with not caring so much about the stats of new purple cards, since their usefulness is limited in my game, where I generally don't use any except in Faction & Galaxy events. (I have 50 active purples) I care more about the story the card is telling, and the artwork, but that's about it.

And, of course, the more Troi's the better!

I've had at least one Med seat every time I send out four Shuttles.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't new event news posted on Friday? ... I know it is for a flashback, but I'd like to know if the week after, the 5* is of note (look them up on Memory Alpha, read up about them, see if I might have associated event crew etc. etc.) ...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    isn't new event news posted on Friday? ... I know it is for a flashback, but I'd like to know if the week after, the 5* is of note (look them up on Memory Alpha, read up about them, see if I might have associated event crew etc. etc.) ...

I'm waiting for it, too.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Running late today...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

I'm waiting for it, too.

Probably delayed because of having to address the angry posts by people who went off over the Offers.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I'm waiting for it, too.

Probably delayed because of having to address the angry posts by people who went off over the Offers.

Can t see any angry posts, just legit feedback from players. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

I'm waiting for it, too.

Yes.

Not to hijack the thread but we love the game. Want to spend to keep it alive. But do not want to be ripped off. Customer feedback is welcome by most businesses in order to thrive.
  • Options

I'm waiting for it, too.

Yes.

Not to hijack the thread but we love the game. Want to spend to keep it alive. But do not want to be ripped off. Customer feedback is welcome by most businesses in order to thrive.

Loaded phrasing again.

As I have said many places, I do not think for a second DB had a secret and said "Let's rob these rubes blind, if they misread the wording on an Offer."

I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event sure turned into a bloodbath. I've never used so many boosts and not stayed in the top 1,000. And now I'm out of the top 1,500.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodbath indeed. Who knew Decoy Kira was so appealing! I finally forced my way into the triple-digit ranks on Saturday, but I was speed-boosting all day to do it. Crazy.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at what traits could come next and while physician has exactly the crew pool size DB likes for megas, I don't think they'd want to throw 6 or 7 new MED crew at once.

I said MED, not Physician. They've never done a skill-based bonus; only trait-based. But if they were to go with traits, then Physicians, Nurses, and Counselors ought to cover most of them.
    Historically, they've been extremely stingy with the stat, so we'd probably get half of the legendaries and most of the super rares with some variation of cmd/dip/sec and the mega would disappoint as much as the current one. So all in all, unless they're ready to open the MED floodgates, they shouldn't do it.

You can rationalize objecting to any idea by pinning it on the expectation of disappointment. Come on, that's not even a reasonable argument. Hyperbole, yes, but not reasonable.
    We just got an astrophysicist mega without a new Spock, Dax or Paris so what do you think a Physician mega would look like?

Again, I said MED, not Physician. So what if it didn't give us yet another Bashir or Crusher? I already mentioned Ezri and Dr. M'Benga. The new EMH from Picard would be an obvious choice, I think. Maybe Protomorphosis Ogawa (a 4*, surely).
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event sure turned into a bloodbath. I've never used so many boosts and not stayed in the top 1,000. And now I'm out of the top 1,500.

Yeah, it's proven more challenging than I anticipated. I can still hang in there, but it's dipping into my resources more than I thought it would.
  • Options

Yeah, it's proven more challenging than I anticipated. I can still hang in there, but it's dipping into my resources more than I thought it would.

I need one more Kira to finish her. It's worth the resources to me, but it sure wasn't my plan to spend this much. I have a feeling there will be a few more broken hearts than normal tomorrow.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I have also done more than normal. And ranked just under 1000 last time I looked. Normally I would be around 500.
  • Options
    Just noticed 488,000 is rank 1500. This means could be heading to 640,000 to make top 1500. But I think a slow down will come on Monday. But there may be spending of dil. So still could end up needing to be 640,000 .
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that there were so few opportunities for the use of boosts and extra shuttles paired with a lackluster mega that people are using up what they have cause they had no other place really to use it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Just caught this screenshot
    bz8ztcx2fbmd.png
  • Options
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Just noticed 488,000 is rank 1500. This means could be heading to 640,000 to make top 1500. But I think a slow down will come on Monday. But there may be spending of dil. So still could end up needing to be 640,000 .

That sale for a boatload of dilithium... That could really inflate some final scores. :#
    Farewell 🖖