Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Reunion at Dawn - ME#4 - 02/27

Comments

• Options
    For a faction event and base wise, Troi is crap. :|

Really surprised that Shinzon Young Picard wasn t part of the mega. Really expected him to be a new 3*.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »
    What's wrong with DB lately? All the purple MED crew has been awful for months. The art is fine but the stats aren't. Even bottom tier crew from 2017 is better.

So the card about 20th among 4/4 purples for voyages. And basically the same 4/4 as a 1/5 humbled archer for voyages. That's not that bad of a card.

The voyage metrics are inflated by a big but useless proficiency. She's not good for the gauntlet and definitely not good for events. I suppose that newer players able to rank to 130k VP will enjoy a decent purple crew for voyages and that's great, but some of her power could have been put into bases without hurting the voyage numbers. 750-ish bases for a non gauntlet crew is abysmal for a super rare in 2020. Compare that to Mirror Burnham and her 892 DIP base and it's night and day.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's alright. A nice MED crew in a unique slot for crew who could use it best, aka the F2P crowd where MED is still a rare commodity.

My real question is where is Cadet Picard?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's alright. A nice MED crew in a unique slot for crew who could use it best, aka the F2P crowd where MED is still a rare commodity.

Here's a question... Will f2p try their luck on packs to get her 4th star or just airlock her?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with DB lately? All the purple MED crew has been awful for months. The art is fine but the stats aren't. Even bottom tier crew from 2017 is better.

So the card about 20th among 4/4 purples for voyages. And basically the same 4/4 as a 1/5 humbled archer for voyages. That's not that bad of a card.

The voyage metrics are inflated by a big but useless proficiency. She's not good for the gauntlet and definitely not good for events. I suppose that newer players able to rank to 130k VP will enjoy a decent purple crew for voyages and that's great, but some of her power could have been put into bases without hurting the voyage numbers. 750-ish bases for a non gauntlet crew is abysmal for a super rare in 2020. Compare that to Mirror Burnham and her 892 DIP base and it's night and day.

Who cares? For experienced players only 5* matter anyway. For newer players she'll have a use on Voyages. Her base is still good enough with a bonus for the event.

You're arguing that every 4* needs to be all base because that's what you care about.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Took this screenshot off a fleetie....Just curious, does anyone at DB actually consider how these cards fit together? This looks terrible....Worf is, well, idk what Worf is....mini me Worf, in the background but still in front of Data....

f9j7lbeb4mla.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a question... Will f2p try their luck on packs to get her 4th star or just airlock her?

F2P players are not wasting limited Dil on any pack with a chance of a crew they already have FF. If they finish the event with a ff Spock, F2P players will not be buying a pack even if troi was the best 4* in the game.
  • Options

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you there is no way I would have risked any of my dilithium as a F2P player on one of these packs. I'd rather chance it next week in the recap packs. Even being around as long as I have, there are three 4*'s I'll be fishing for in those packs (Troi, Stubbs, and Safecracker Nog).
  • Options
    Took this screenshot off a fleetie....Just curious, does anyone at DB actually consider how these cards fit together? This looks terrible....Worf is, well, idk what Worf is....mini me Worf, in the background but still in front of Data....

f9j7lbeb4mla.png

To be fair, it's not like they're serializing pieces of a mural. These are more like Colorforms for us to play with. Sometimes the scene doesn't coalesce the way we'd like. Them's the breaks. It may be disappointing, but it's hardly an egregious display of incompetence.
  • Options
    Well we got our Age of Sail collection. No Picard as the reward though
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there like some button I am totally overlooking that let's us see the series of rewards for a Collection?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Is there like some button I am totally overlooking that let's us see the series of rewards for a Collection?
    White button, upper right of each collection.

*Edited to correct an incorrect statement
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    White button, upper right of each collection. Only lets you see rewards you haven’t gotten yet though.

When I click that, it just closes the Collection for me. I bet I am doing it wrong.......

Yeah. I was doing it wrong. You can't look at the Rewards unless the Collection is collapsed back down......

That new Collection is a Chroniton fiesta!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new collection is cool but the rewards for completing it are not worth the amount of dilithium and honor needed to put into it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new collection is cool but the rewards for completing it are not worth the amount of dilithium and honor needed to put into it.

I totally agree. It’s not even close

• Options

f9j7lbeb4mla.png

The alternative is having his arms block out the other characters' faces, which also looks weird. Those of us who've tried to make all-tuxedo line-ups know about this all too well thanks to Tuxedo Nog.

What I found more annoying is how much darker Troi's art is compared to the others. It's clear in this picture (compare with Crusher) but it's particularly glaring when she's actually standing next to her, Riker, or La Forge. Maybe DB can brighten Troi's gold trim a bit to offset it?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Who cares? For experienced players only 5* matter anyway. For newer players she'll have a use on Voyages. Her base is still good enough with a bonus for the event.

You're arguing that every 4* needs to be all base because that's what you care about.

I was wondering that myself. If you’re worried about the stats of a 4 star then you may have bigger game issues. Especially since there is a ton of event crew this event already. At this point it’s about the coolness of the card and the card is pretty cool

OK please explain me how enjoying getting useful cards for future event having "bigger game issues" because I don't get it. I don't need age of sail Troi, don't need her to be good, but I enjoy growing my event super rare crew with nice main cast additions. It's about fun not needs, you need to take a deep breath and relax, if something isn't fun (to me) in a video game of course I'm going to call it out.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering that myself. If you’re worried about the stats of a 4 star then you may have bigger game issues. Especially since there is a ton of event crew this event already. At this point it’s about the coolness of the card and the card is pretty cool

OK please explain me how enjoying getting useful cards for future event having "bigger game issues" because I don't get it. I don't need age of sail Troi, don't need her to be good, but I enjoy growing my event super rare crew with nice main cast additions. It's about fun not needs, you need to take a deep breath and relax, if something isn't fun (to me) in a video game of course I'm going to call it out.

My point is will 200 extra points on her make or break her? What I’m saying is if those 200 points affect an event for you with Troi as event crew then you will have event struggles that go beyond the slight increase of one 4* card

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

776 MED. Next time she's bonus that's 1552. That's better than all MED crew besides McCoy. Sorry that's not good enough for you.

You say it's about fun to you. Hey, here's a cool new card I got. That's fun. You're the one who is apparently freaking out about a 50 point base stat difference. If 50 points really ruins your fun, I think you need to reassess your priorities in life.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

776 MED. Next time she's bonus that's 1552. That's better than all MED crew besides McCoy. Sorry that's not good enough for you.

You say it's about fun to you. Hey, here's a cool new card I got. That's fun. You're the one who is apparently freaking out about a 50 point base stat difference. If 50 points really ruins your fun, I think you need to reassess your priorities in life.

To play Devil’s advocate here, my copy of Paul Stubbs has an event SCI score of 1,918 this week and during the Hybrid, which is indeed way beyond my best non-bonus SCI crew (Honored Owo is at 1,438) but pales in comparison to the boatload of other bonus crew I have (12 others blow him away on that skill, most by more than 100 points). If it weren’t for her 3x bonus, AoS Troi would be I think my 3rd best MED crew for this event, behind Twilight T’Pol, Bones, and Drunk Troi...and MED slots in Faction events are usually pretty rare.

That being said, not everyone will have a mountain of bonus crew and people in between the FTP crowd and seasoned veterans will find a use for AoS Troi on their crews. Anyone who doesn’t like her isn’t being forced to keep her...leave her unleveled, send all earned copies on a long spacewalk, don’t bother participating in the event at all...whatever you need to do to not be offended by not getting a power creeped threshold 4* crew.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    But still, where is Cadet Picard?
  • Options
    But still, where is Cadet Picard?

I'm kind of hoping everyone who did the Mega Event gets a 4* or 5* Cadet Locutus after the Event. Would be kind of cool, considering the Event story........
  • Options
    Kind of weird that my "Useless" EV Suit Seven has been in every wave of Shuttles......
  • Options
    Maybe cadet Picard is in one of the leap year dealios?
  • Options

Yes, hopefully AOSail Troi will have usefulness in a future event, since I haven't seen a single MED shuttle seat since the beginning of this event. I finally had to put her on a DIP/CMD seat since there was one open.

And I agree with not caring so much about the stats of new purple cards, since their usefulness is limited in my game, where I generally don't use any except in Faction & Galaxy events. (I have 50 active purples) I care more about the story the card is telling, and the artwork, but that's about it.

And, of course, the more Troi's the better!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...