Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Reunion at Dawn - ME#4 - 02/27

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Just noticed 488,000 is rank 1500. This means could be heading to 640,000 to make top 1500. But I think a slow down will come on Monday. But there may be spending of dil. So still could end up needing to be 640,000 .

That sale for a boatload of dilithium... That could really inflate some final scores. :#

Possible but I would think people would spend that on wrap up packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Just noticed 488,000 is rank 1500. This means could be heading to 640,000 to make top 1500. But I think a slow down will come on Monday. But there may be spending of dil. So still could end up needing to be 640,000 .

That sale for a boatload of dilithium... That could really inflate some final scores. :#

Possible but I would think people would spend that on wrap up packs.

They may. But I see two reasons why they may sacrifice a pack or two to boost shuttles at the end.

1) 22,920 dilithium is a ton. You can spend 3k to recall shuttles and still get 50 recap packs. In my opinion, the legendaries this mega are not the greatest. I would take a guaranteed Kira over 8 recap packs, but I don't think it would actually take 3k dilithium to get there.

2) If you sank a boat load of time boosts and some rental shuttles into this event, then found yourself in 1537th place at 634,598 VP with 10 minutes remaining, would it be worth a little of that 22,920 dilithium to reach your goal? I certainly would.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    It usually slows some as people hit threshold, but this time not as slow as normal.
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It may be slowing
    yhf9z3g23n6c.png
    this is as close as I got this time.

Edit: no it is still on track to get to 640,000. Figure it is at 525000 for 1500 rank
  • Options
    The issue for me is that there were three weeks in a row pre-mega with no shuttle aspect and then I didnt care about the one part of the mega that had shuttle missions. I think it was the Icheb one. So without spending I am sitting on +5 weeks of saving shuttle boosts. To be fair, I have used a fair amount of the stash but am currently sitting under 100 and I usually rank 500-1000.

I was hoping to do better with a recurring 5* but I am committed now so...
  • Options
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    The issue for me is that there were three weeks in a row pre-mega with no shuttle aspect and then I didnt care about the one part of the mega that had shuttle missions. I think it was the Icheb one. So without spending I am sitting on +5 weeks of saving shuttle boosts. To be fair, I have used a fair amount of the stash but am currently sitting under 100 and I usually rank 500-1000.

I was hoping to do better with a recurring 5* but I am committed now so...

Wish you luck on making top 25.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Saw people are tracking top 1500 ... here's the current score.

5db4gi8tghdh.png

ps - I'll probably be around/near this rank until the end of the event ... so ask if you want a current update ... it is now 600+k VP :)
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Saw people are tracking top 1500 ... here's the current score.

5db4gi8tghdh.png

Thank you, @RaraRacing . Someone in my fleet just asked and the one person who is close is usually in bed this time of day. I'd say we're still on track for 640k.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    1500 ... currently 624470 VP.

ps - 1 spot too far down now ... 1501 is 628.557 VP.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    1500 ... currently 624470 VP.

My guess: 680k-700k needed. 😱
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I'm around 900 with 690k VP and 3.5 hours remaining. I'm starting to wonder if it will exceed 700k. I sure hope not.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this event has cost me around 30 shuttle requisition tokens and close to a dozen 2x boosts. Gonna be especially irked if I fall outside the top 1500 and don't even have a Decoy Kira to show for all that. Guess this is what I get for becoming complacent about faction events.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    What a race this has been! To give people an idea as to how much things have changed, I have used 1.5 time reducers this entire event except overnight. The first event I really tried for rank I did the exact same thing. It was the T’Mir event. That event I finished 33. This one I am currently at 1574! I know things have been added like shuttle rentals and such but wow, what a difference!
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been nuts. Honestly questioning if it was worth it just to get the last star on Kira.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found using 1.5 time reducers on my main shuttles was just letting me tread water rank wise. I was then running 5 extra shuttles as 9 hour doublers. When those shuttles came back they seemed like the only thing that let me move up the leader-board.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Last full faction was 7 weeks ago, so folks had enough time to stock up boosts and tokens. Not surprised of the crazy high scores.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Currently with 2.5 hours left, 920 is 701493.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last full faction was 7 weeks ago, so folks had enough time to stock up boosts and tokens. Not surprised of the crazy high scores.

I’m not surprised that people are capable of pushing the VP so high, I’m surprised that they want to do so. Decoy Kira is decidedly not bad (great art, strong bases) but she does have a pretty vanilla skill set, a ship ability that is uninspiring, no gauntlet usefulness, and a rather short list of traits. I guess there are a lot of Kira fans out there? Or at least people looking to add a star to a copy they already have...
  • Options
    Well i think its has to do with the huge pool of bonus crew as well. Especially if ur roster isn t deep as h*ll. Such Mega factions are perfect for many ppl to send out more than just 4 shuttles(as 9h with 90% success rate). If you can t seat more than 4 shuttles 90% in regular faction events, not much point to use tokens.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not surprised that people are capable of pushing the VP so high, I’m surprised that they want to do so. Decoy Kira is decidedly not bad (great art, strong bases) but she does have a pretty vanilla skill set, a ship ability that is uninspiring, no gauntlet usefulness, and a rather short list of traits. I guess there are a lot of Kira fans out there? Or at least people looking to add a star to a copy they already have...

That's me. I don't know if I would push this hard for Kira as a new character today. But I'll gladly add a star to the existing 1/5 I have. She won't take up an extra crew slot and will get me closer to FF her in the future.

There are at least 1500 people who got Kira from her first event. Plus more who bought packs. Plus more who had her drop if she's in the portal(I've lost track of portal updates). So that's a decent number of people, plus the Kira fans who want her new now. Mix in everyone having a ton of bonus crew and a lot of saved boosts and it's not shocking to see scores this high.
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The rank 1500 is above
    e86a2homvldd.png

I was thinking about going for top 25 in both accounts. But I noticed early that the scores were higher, so only used 2 shuttle rental the first day over night, just to see where I was in the morning. That was when I decided I would just go for rank 1500. Now I wish I had just gone for threshold.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Lost sight of top 1500 ... but it is a ways above 650k for sure, still have a batch of shuttles to come in, so might be visible again later, but I doubt it ...

1555 is 646k VP

ps - Kira is not in portal.

Personally, I'm saving my resources for a Faction that has a decent crew as a reward (don't have Kira) and with few bonus crew ... figure that will make more of an impact than using resources during the event right at the end of a mega-event.
    Now I'm just hoping we have a Faction event in 2 weeks. :)

On a side note ... been running Terran shuttles all weekend and I'm still only at 19 3* Alcohol ... sheesh, that component must have one of the worst drop rates from all sources in-game.
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Here it is
    w0qan49n729t.png
    Thought I throw this on a few minutes later
    pzzy94i02pyb.png
    And my main account a few minutes later
    pbhck1mye5or.png
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well might be a little too late but i'm bailing on this, this was/is nuts. I only did my usual push for rank because competition seemed to be light on the Thurs/Friday then all of a sudden I dropped like a uranium shell Saturday and Sunday so natural first instinct was try and claw my way back, should have known better... talk about feeling burnt out before the event finishes.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    What a race this has been! To give people an idea as to how much things have changed, I have used 1.5 time reducers this entire event except overnight. The first event I really tried for rank I did the exact same thing. It was the T’Mir event. That event I finished 33. This one I am currently at 1574! I know things have been added like shuttle rentals and such but wow, what a difference!

Yep crazy event but it sure was fun fighting hard on an event again with rank uncertain.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yep crazy event but it sure was fun fighting hard on an event again with rank uncertain.

Gets the blood pumping doesn’t it?

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 Kira from the event plus a third but I don’t know where the extra came from. Must have been a non portal pack somewhere.
  • Options
    I got 2 Kira from the event plus a third but I don’t know where the extra came from. Must have been a non portal pack somewhere.

10 buck offer?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yes that’s it, just remembered. I think she was event crew at the time.
  • Options
    Here it is. Boy, might not make it
    tx4fyy2lgazy.png