Home The Bridge
Options

Diplomat Deluge pack feedback

Comments

• Options
    Find it intriguing how they on one side offer free behold, yet on other hand feed you this terrible pack for a effin 3 star crew with other trash for 650 dil.... And yes I was stupid enough to get so many packs to have 2 Picard lol

Not again though I should have stick to my none dil spending philosophy sigh....
  • Options
    I feel cheated, what I got, is not what I thought I was going to get, even after reading the description.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel cheated, what I got, is not what I thought I was going to get, even after reading the description.

As I mentioned previously, most of us had different expectations for these familiar price points. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

2. Regarding Picard at El-Adrel, I can confirm that unfortunately this crew went live 2 minutes after the offer/pack went live. This should not have happened. So if you have made your pulls in those first 2 minutes, please let support know. Please note that we can verify when you did your pulls on our end.

Thank you!

It’s too late on a Friday night to get a response but it might be better for TP to proactively run a script and contact to the ones who pulled. Not everyone checks the forums.

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

2. Regarding Picard at El-Adrel, I can confirm that unfortunately this crew went live 2 minutes after the offer/pack went live. This should not have happened. So if you have made your pulls in those first 2 minutes, please let support know. Please note that we can verify when you did your pulls on our end.

Thank you!

It’s too late on a Friday night to get a response but it might be better for TP to proactively run a script and contact to the ones who pulled. Not everyone checks the forums.

Agreed. Even with the understanding that manpower might be a little light right now, it really shouldn’t be that taxing to pull two minutes’ worth of info out of the database.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    You guys also usually can tell who pulled what packs in what time span @Shan. I have no idea if I did or not - nor do a lot of people. Why aren't you giving out auto compensation like you have the last few times?

Because the time window in this case is very, very short.
    We'll reassess if needed of course!

Let's be clear. This pack was a travesty. At best, it was a horrible mistake that wasn't thought through. At worst it is a blatant swindle.

If this is the kind of thing that we can expect from TP, then I would imagine that you are going lose a lot of players - especially the ones that are prepared to pay for *good* offers.

I don't think that there is much of an 'if' here. Reassessment is needed. Not because of the time window but because the offer was either a sham or a con and that needs to be addressed.

I guess that we will find out which way this tilting point will go when there is a REAL response to the overwhelmingly negative feedback from the players.

Yes agree. I foolishly wasted dil on this. Not gonna ask for a refund as thats on me to spend. But very seriously disappointed that this was even released and really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Its beyond a 'bad' pack and almost feels like a scam...
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I got two of the picards, but.... trainers? rations? I also got three green Ent-D picards. Green crew do not belong in any dil-purchasable pack. Two green crew are listed in the info but the image says rare+ crew. The inclusion of honor is nice, but this is objectively worse than regular 10-pulls and are overpriced. They are probably worse than merit pulls. Do not serve up this "deal" again

Agreed, but not on which is better. There is a 2% chance of getting a legendary. That is, about 4 times better than a merit pull. Also one is a guaranteed rare. But that gets countered by one that can only be rare, uncommon, common or honor.
    It is bad but I am after legendary crew. I see this better than a merit pull. But, for me I treat legendary crew as worth $10. That means this pack is only worth $0.2 to me. And 10 of them as $2. But the extra honor might be worth a little more to others as well as a legendary from the specified collection.

I was comparing it to merit pulls in terms of honor payout, not legendary chance. But however others value them thats fine.

Odd that the best freebee (universal thrme begold, giving players best chance for something usefull to them) to one of the worst pack offers (650 dil for maybe a specific blue crew but likely some blue trainers and a 2* Ent D picard.) came out on the same day.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Has anyone else attempted a fusion yet? I tried to fish a Dathon out of the merit pulls to see if they would fuse, but naturally I couldn’t find I wanted because I was looking for it. Pulled 2 purples and gold out of 8 merit packs (seriously, what??) but no Dathon. I’ll leave it to someone else to confirm how good of friends Picard and Dathon are.

*And yes, I looked in the cryo vault first, and yes I saw nothing there. This is simply a curiosity to resolve into fact. Not in the mood for Forum-splaining.*

I thought something similar in past. The comments said, not possible until the merged crew is in the vault.

Thanks. I was trying to recall if Evolved Janeway was in the Vault when she was found, and I had an inkling it was kept secret at first but couldn’t remember definitively.

We had an event where coffee Janeway was the 4*. Shortly after event was over Lizard Janeway was available. Many had either airlocked or had immortalized her, before the new Janeway.
    Not sure who figured out the merge to create the new Janeway.

"Shortly" is generous. I missed her by like ten hours. People followed my trials & tribble-lations getting my Evolved Janeway........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Point of reference: Many moons ago, I chose to spend 200 dilithium for a single copy of 3* Lursa Duras, in order to finish up the 4* fusion card with her sister.

That being said, today’s offers are not how I would choose to spend my currencies, then or now. 🖖

Keep in mind, at 200 Dilithiums, you would have three GUARANTEED three 🌟 Crew, for fifty Dilithiums less.......

This offer may be the worst offer anyone has even seen in the game. Especially being a First Contact Day "gift"..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    First things first: There is a pandemic claiming lives by the thousands every day around our world and not one damn thing about this game is genuinely important.

This post is lengthy not because of ranting, but because explaining why I believe this offer is misleading requires some scrutiny.
    Here is this week's event offer, typical of those offered for every event:

woncgk7wdtd9.jpg

For $9.99, you are purchasing one Rom, two event packs, chronitons, credits, and VIP. Okay, cool. What's in an event pack 10x?
    Event Packs guarantee at least one specific crew for each 10x purchase. Event packs drop Rare or better crew, and Rare or better schematics. Purchasing a 10x pack guarantees that you will receive a Super Rare or Legendary crew, which will be one of the event crew.

[snipped list of guaranteed crew pool and drop rates]

A 10x event pack looks like this:

Slot 1: guaranteed event crew
    Slots 2-10: 3*+ crew and/or 3*+ schematics

In the $9.99 offer, Niners Rom, the chronitons, and the credits are separate from the two packs. They are not in the packs. This is important.

Now, the Diplomatic Deluge pack:

0l1t15nwou07.jpg

There's no single drop option here. There is, however, a guaranteed Rare or better Diplomat. The terms inside read:
    Diplomatic Deluge packs guarantee at least one Rare or better New Lives and New Civilizations collection crew (exclusions apply). In addition, you will receive either 5x Intermediate or better Replicator Rations or 50x Intermediate or better trainers, and either and additional 30 or more Honor, or an Uncommon or Rare New Lives and New Civilizations crew.

NOTE: Diplomatic Deluge packs do not include Thot Gor, Jannar or Locutus of Borg. These packs also do not include ship schematics or items.

[snipped list of guaranteed crew pool and drop rates]

I expected a 10x pull like so:

Slot 1: 3*/4*/5* NLNC crew listed in the guaranteed pool, including Picard at El-Adrel marked as new
    Slots 2-10: 3*+ crew who were not guaranteed to be in the NLNC collection, just as they are in an event pack. This is, after all, supposed to be a "deluge".

Then the rations/trainers and honor/2*-3* crew would be presented "in addition" to the 10x pack, as in "separate from" them, just as the chronitons and credits are presented in addition to Niners Rom and two event packs in that offer.

I did not make this purchase out of inattentive haste. I read the terms twice, since this was, as noted, "something different". I have subsequently reviewed those terms closely and repeatedly. I don't attribute this incident to malicious greed on the part of Tilting Point. I do, however, attribute it to carelessness, and I would very much appreciate seeing Tilting Point rectify that carelessness. And not just for me; I could have filed a ticket myself for that.

This is the best description of the situation that I've read so far. I agree that some people might have bought the pack or the offer expecting something different from what they actually got and I can see why they would send in tickets over it.
    I didn't buy the offer or pack, but I had another different expectation when I saw them. I read the description and I thought that this would be 10x pack with a chance at Picard (and I was wondering if he was in fact supposed to be guaranteed to drop, because otherwise the offer looked very bad. But it didn't say that) and a bunch of 3* and 2* from the collection, honor, trainers and replicator rations. It looked unappealing, so i didn't buy it.
    Then I went on Discord to ask for advice about the free begold and I incidentally saw the screenshots of what the Picard packs really dropped. So to me it makes sense that people bought it expecting something different.

On the other hand, sending a ticket just to generally complain about the offer and packs seems unnecessary (I'm pretty sure that the feedback will reach TP anyway and there's no point in wasting CS people's time in a moment like this).

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I was like its new picard and poof the biggest disappointment in the game in 4 years so far......and yes i was also expecting 10 items like everyone else big win for the marketing development big loss for customer relations
  • Options
    When i did see the 10x-offer i was tempted, but clicked it away nonetheless. Then i did buy just one pack für 650 dilithium and was terribly disappointed. Got a worthless Weyoun, some trainers and replicator-rations. After that i read the desciption and saw that this was a serious offer.

In my opinion this was clearly a con! What else would you call it? It's just like you buy any familiar product at the supermarket that says "new formula", "better recipe" or the like and has the same packaging AND PRICE. After that you notice it has only one third of the content.
    I won't complain...., but i will not buy again!
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't make it an accusation, but I won't lie. When something seems like it's made to look like everything else but definitely isn't, I have a hard time believing it isn't intentional. It looked suspicious so I checked in here before I clicked anything to make sure I knew what both deals really looked like. And I'm glad I did. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept their explanation. But, even that doesn't inspire confidence. If I have to always check the forums to make sure they didn't phone in the description, trust is lost either way.

It had the same price point and looked like a typical 10x offer. I only really checked here to see how good the drop rate for the new Picard was.
  • Options
    I was interested but held back, thinking that this pack couldn't possibly be as bad as described, so I'd wait and see if I was right to do so. Unfortunately, it turns out I was...
  • Options
    So, two schools of thought seem to predominant.

1} The new company is crooked.

2} The new company is incompetent.

Which should we be rooting for being right?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The description in the ingame mail and in the announcement on the forum was very accurate. To me it was perfectly clear what the content would be. Also the written pack descripion is fine.

The depiction is unclear at best and misleading as @Travis S McClain made visible with the comparison with the 10 $ event offer at worst.

For me the most irritating part are not the packs but the LTO which gave no clue about the packs being so different from any other 10x10 offer. Would I buy those out of habit I would have bit here too if I had not seen the packs in the store before.

Lesson learned for me personally: If an LTO looks good check out the store first anyway as it might not be what it seems.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭

They can both be correct at the same time....
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The description in the ingame mail and in the announcement on the forum was very accurate. To me it was perfectly clear what the content would be. Also the written pack descripion is fine.

The depiction is unclear at best and misleading as @Travis S McClain made visible with the comparison with the 10 $ event offer at worst.

For me the most irritating part are not the packs but the LTO which gave no clue about the packs being so different from any other 10x10 offer. Would I buy those out of habit I would have bit here too if I had not seen the packs in the store before.

Lesson learned for me personally: If an LTO looks good check out the store first anyway as it might not be what it seems.

You're right, the pack description sort of implies that there will only be three slots, but somehow I still assumed that it would be a 10x pack and that it would have 2 types of slots, one of which with trainers or rations and the other with honor or crew. I guess that had something to do with the price in dilithium set at 650.
    As others have already mentioned, it would probably be better not to use the same price tags on offers that might look similar but are completely different.
  • Options

The offer is still up. So what does this say?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

The offer is still up. So what does this say?

I don't see the offer anymore.
    To me, it's more about whether or not we are a repeat. If they're not listening and try this again, then maybe both crooked and incompetent. I find that outcome unlikely. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident of a single misstep.

And just for reference, we are familiar with 390 and 490 dilithium price points. Please don't use those, either. And for the love of all that is holy, if the intention is for money sales only and you don't intend for people to use dilithium, then use a placeholder of 99999 dilithium so no one is even tempted. It was a good idea last time there was a placeholder and it is still a good idea.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    wklkq0z5u5pd.png

Every company has one....
  • Options
    What I didn't understand about the offer is "10 for 10"?
    Does that not imply that for my £8.99 I should have 10 packs containing 10 things?
  • Options
    I don't see the offer anymore.

Now this is strange, for me its still up:
    gr0smmig2etn.jpg

What I didn't understand about the offer is "10 for 10"?
    Does that not imply that for my £8.99 I should have 10 packs containing 10 things?

Just currency: It's ten Dollars or ten Euros for 10 packs

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a 5 star Chancellor Martok and the new Picard 3*