Home The Bridge
Options

Diplomat Deluge pack feedback

Comments

• Options
    So, two schools of thought seem to predominant.

1} The new company is crooked.

2} The new company is incompetent.

Which should we be rooting for being right?

The offer is still up. So what does this say?

I don't see the offer anymore.

The 10x offer for 11€ isn't up anymore (timed out) but the 650 DIL offer is still up in the portal. They couldn't even remove that because there could be people out there who bought the 10x offer and didn't pull the packs yet.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

They can both be correct at the same time....

Which would be even more depressing......

I wouldn't attribute it to either of those things. I don't know why they thought that this could be a useful offer (I mean, who knows, maybe for some of the new players it is) but I don't think that they expected this to happen or that they just threw random stuff in the pack to see what would happen because they just don't care.

I think that CS should probably give those who misunderstood the offer for something else and are very annoyed about it some sort of refund or compensation. And I hope that they will not introduce highly requested crew as 3* with this sort of offer in the future :#

But I don't think that this specific event says anything about the company. I especially don't think that they intentionally tried to "con" people, as some mentioned. The company has nothing to gain from a loss of trust in the playerbase.

And they just gave us a free begold too. I think that shows that neither of those two assumptions is true and that this was just some sort of mistake.

I didn't endorse either opinion. Just summarized what people said they were feeling it meant.

I think people's expectations were based on previous offers. Usually 650 Dilithiums is for a ten Pull. 725 Merits is a Norm three Pull. Under this offer, it seems like Tipping Point is saying "650 Dilithiums equals 725 Merits". I will jump on a Dilithiums sale like that.......

I think simply the price points were not well thought out.
    I have no issue with people getting Trainers or Rep Rats that need them. But the price point was a little too much.

If you got a three Pull for 200-300 Merits, and the folding cashy money offer had been about $2.49/10 Pulls, they might have made more money, with less upset players.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

They can both be correct at the same time....

Which would be even more depressing......

I wouldn't attribute it to either of those things. I don't know why they thought that this could be a useful offer (I mean, who knows, maybe for some of the new players it is) but I don't think that they expected this to happen or that they just threw random stuff in the pack to see what would happen because they just don't care.

I think that CS should probably give those who misunderstood the offer for something else and are very annoyed about it some sort of refund or compensation. And I hope that they will not introduce highly requested crew as 3* with this sort of offer in the future :#

But I don't think that this specific event says anything about the company. I especially don't think that they intentionally tried to "con" people, as some mentioned. The company has nothing to gain from a loss of trust in the playerbase.

And they just gave us a free begold too. I think that shows that neither of those two assumptions is true and that this was just some sort of mistake.

I didn't endorse either opinion. Just summarized what people said they were feeling it meant.

I think people's expectations were based on previous offers. Usually 650 Dilithiums is for a ten Pull. 725 Merits is a Norm three Pull. Under this offer, it seems like Tipping Point is saying "650 Dilithiums equals 725 Merits". I will jump on a Dilithiums sale like that.......

I think simply the price points were not well thought out.
    I have no issue with people getting Trainers or Rep Rats that need them. But the price point was a little too much.

If you got a three Pull for 200-300 Merits, and the folding cashy money offer had been about $2.49/10 Pulls, they might have made more money, with less upset players.

I agree with all of this! I mainly just quoted you to say that even though I participated in this thread, I don't actually share any of those two views. I tend to be misunderstood a lot lately, which is making me even more pedantic, which apparently leads to more misunderstandings :D:s:sweat_smile:
  • Options
    I received a reply to my CS ticket. It states that 5here is an update and gives me a link to this thread. where is this update?
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »
    Well ..... I got a bit of honor and a couple rations for overpriced 650 dilithium ..... Now I'm going to question every time I buy/use dilithium for stuff like this. ....wish I could get my dilithium back and they can take their useless items back.

og9y7d53c0ny.png

I recommend a CS ticket. You may or may not get refunded. But companies like this take problems more seriously when CS tickets pile up.

A couple recommendations to TP for future deals: please do not use familiar price points like 650 dilithium or $10 for rewards that are not common for that price point. Personally, I think $5.99 or 300 dilithium would be over priced, but at least at those price points, we would not expect 10 Rare or better crew.

I did. Straight away and got email this morning and they set everything right. So props to them.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I figured out the best way to healthilty process this debacle. I'll pretend that I paid for the First Contact behold and that the 10x "dilplomatic" packs were gratis.

That sounds like a good idea to me.
  • Options
    I think a big issue was also lumping everything in one message when you sign in, like it was all "presents" for First Contact Day. Makes you feel like the outsider loner at work who buys themselves flowers and gifts to be delivered at work, so their co-workers think they have a life.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I was so pissed because I bought a 650 dil pack. 3 items for that? I thought I was going to have a 10 pull.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This pack, or a free kick in “the pills”? It’s a tough call... :# This idea is that bad. But as echoed earlier, I doubt it was done out of any malice, more likely that what was in someone’s head did not translate well into type.

I am curious to see if anything will be done to rectify the problem, or if it a learning moment for us all?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious to see if anything will be done to rectify the problem, or if it a learning moment for us all?

i didn't buy any packs, saw my fleet talking about it first, decided it was a skip and said thanks for the begold but had learned to do all of the above already, does that count? :)

and then there's the real question...do we think 3* picard will ever show up in the FED faction store?

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pack, or a free kick in “the pills”? It’s a tough call... :# This idea is that bad. But as echoed earlier, I doubt it was done out of any malice, more likely that what was in someone’s head did not translate well into type.

If it's a learning moment for TP, then great! The game will improve. If it's a learning moment for players, then I think the lesson will be "do not spend." That will make the game tank. I strongly hope that there is more learning on one side than the other. I still like the game and want to see it continue. :)

As @[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb eloquently said, I am fortunate to still have income and I am choosing where to spend my money more carefully than before.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Just got a reply from CS to a ticket i sent yesterday. They can offer a refund.

It was a feedback ticket suggesting that they should never offer such a bad deal again. Didn't ask for a refund but I'll take one! Feeling more relieved about this now.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sending that ticket. The more tickets like that they get the less likely they are to offer this offer again.
  • Options
    Wait until people find out Picard is the May Daily Reward.......
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Just got a reply from CS to a ticket i sent yesterday. They can offer a refund.

It was a feedback ticket suggesting that they should never offer such a bad deal again. Didn't ask for a refund but I'll take one! Feeling more relieved about this now.

Thanks for the heads up. I sent a ticket as well.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Please tell me you are kidding
  • Options

Please tell me you are kidding

I am.

Unless they do it........
  • Options
    I don’t think I have ever posted, but I wanted to add to this feedback. Pulled one pack because, like most people, I can only complete the greens and blues (and I’m a completionist at heart) and Picard at El-Adrel is my most wanted character. I agree with comments above: rubbish value, Picard should have been more likely or even guaranteed, the probabilities are so much worse then usual, terrible precedent and all around stinker. Please don’t ruin this game I love!1rwtl3pqct24.png
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy the pack. I didn't have enough dilithium... and it didn't take my fancy.

However, I agree that it wasn't until I saw the screenshot of blue trainers, a green crew and a blue crew that I was glad that I didn't have enough dilithium.

From an unbiased perspective and from someone who wasn't cheated by the offer, I lend my voice to the "this is not a good deal" camp. A standard purple pull is the same price and is at the very worst, guaranteed a purple crew (so at the very least, 200 honour)... and a load of 3* ship schematics - and the chance of this is low (I have yet to see someone get this).
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    I put in a ticket and asked for a refund.

They said they’d give me a refund but they’d have to take back my items. Even though my 3* trainers are maxed and so I didn’t get any, I let them go ahead and take away 5 of them along with the 2 airlocked crew.

I also begged them to please let the producers know this was a horrible deal and to relay my dissatisfaction to them.
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    Everyone who bought this should receive a 600 dilithium refund PER PACK OPENED. Only way to make this steaming pile of garbage "offer" right.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    I had to read the offer like 10 times because I thought I was reading it wrong. There was no way it was this bad. But apparently it is. Is this a sign of things to come with our new Tilting Point overlords? It doesn't really bode well since this is one of the first packs to hit after them taking the reigns.
  • Options
    Sick and Tired of their misleading pack descriptions. Should be illegal.
  • Options
    The response I got from CS was a flat out lie. They added "Each pack will include three items" to the description that isn't in game. They denied my request.
  • Options
    JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

2 things:
    1. thank you for the feedback provided, regarding this pack, the contents, imagery, etc. Your comments and concerns are being relayed and reviewed.

2. Regarding Picard at El-Adrel, I can confirm that unfortunately this crew went live 2 minutes after the offer/pack went live. This should not have happened. So if you have made your pulls in those first 2 minutes, please let support know. Please note that we can verify when you did your pulls on our end.

Thank you!

Shan, I'm not much for complaining, or even posting on the forums all that often, but I had to chime in here. The $10 offer was for something not worth $10. This experiment was an utter failure. I probably spend too much money on this game, but I never regret it, until this "deal".