Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Coming to you early as tomorrow is a holiday for the studio.

Event Name: Seekers of Life
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Skirmish
Event Crew: Elnor 5* (New), Fenris Ranger Seven 4* (New), and Torchbearer Tyler 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 04/16 until Monday 04/20 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Rewards
5*: Vahar’ai Saru (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 04/23.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Soji 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: Borg, Augments, Dominion

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew, as well as Soji
• small bonus: variants of Seven, Tyler, and crew with the Cyberneticist trait.

Ships:
- Jem’Hadar Battleship 2* (Existing)
- Borg Sphere 878 4* (Existing)
- The Artifact 5* (New)

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Saru! Great character. I’ll be glad to fight for him
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully that Seven isn’t the iconic dual-wielding version, or a lot of people are going to be disappointed. But hey, Saru...I also look forward to obtaining his services.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Dirk, in that case it would be puzzling why Elnor is the 5* and not her. Well, in a way puzzling no matter what. But in time probably more Seven from the first Picard season will enter the game...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the featured ship for the Skirmish part?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new Saru legendary after I used up all my citations. Nooooooooooo!!!!! I guess I will have to hit the skirmishes hard to make more citations. Looks like a great event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, they really made gun Seven a 4* and Saru the ranked 5*. TP left a big chance and some big money here.... 😟
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of two minds. Wanted Akimbo Seven ™ to be the Recurring. However, as a SuperRare she gonna be obtainable. Two or three days I'll have a Citation on hand
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Okay. That announcement is going to need to be fixed. They misspelled "Federation" in the Fractions.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. That announcement is going to need to be fixed. They misspelled "Federation" in the Fractions.......

Haha. I think Augments will win, followed closely by Borg. Dominion will be left far, far behind.
  • Options
    Wow, they really made gun Seven a 4* and Saru the ranked 5*. TP left a big chance and some big money here.... 😟

Well there will definitely be another Seven in a Tuesday pack at the end of the mega. And by making Fenris Ranger Seven a super rare people will have to buy packs to finish her.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Borg faction has lots of useful items. Everyone should definitely go Borg next week!
    (Definitely not just saying that because I finished tanking them this week.)
    BORG BORG BORG.

Edit: wait, there's not necessarily a faction bonus after a hybrid, right? Never mind then, as you were!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there will definitely be another Seven in a Tuesday pack at the end of the mega. And by making Fenris Ranger Seven a super rare people will have to buy packs to finish her.

Not necessarily. I can think of at least three ways that players can fully fuse a super-rare card without buying packs:

1. 4* Citation from free track of Campaign;
    2. Hold at 3/4* until portal inclusion; and
    3. Dabo!

I concede that the third option is highly unlikely, but it does exist. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Not necessarily. I can think of at least three ways that players can fully fuse a super-rare card without buying packs:

1. 4* Citation from free track of Campaign;
    2. Hold at 3/4* until portal inclusion; and
    3. Dabo!

I concede that the third option is highly unlikely, but it does exist. 🖖

Raffi is in my Dabo today.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Still angry!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    It is 4am and I literally cannot sleep because of the travesty that is 4* Seven. This is a terrible injustice. You cannot try telling me that on that episode of Picard a LEGEND wasn't on that ship. A STAR TREK LEGEND. She wasn't super rare. She's a LEGEND! This puts you on my list TP. You've knocked DB and the debacle that was Polyester Yar right off my top spot!

It could be a different version of Seven that is FR Seven? They could still be saving 'dual wield' Seven for a 5* card. We wont know until we see it. Though I'm with you. I would be annoyed if 'dual wield' Seven is a 4* card :(
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    There are 4 super rare version of Seven vs 6 legendary ones. I'm satisfied with her being super rare. There has to be a balance, and the good news about super rares is that they're typically everyone's event workhorses. Super rares matter too. I hate seeing how poorly balance some other crew such as Spock and Data are. Share the love!

I'm also quite happy to be able to get an interesting variant of Saru. It's about time a main character gets more variants than his sister who had a total of 5 minutes screen time...
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I am thinking there is still a Legendary version of Star Trek: Picard Seven on the way. Not to post any spoilers, but let's just say she's really scary. But cool. Scary cool, you might say.

Yep but I have a feeling she will be a Tuesday pack person.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Will my Voq count as a Tyler variant? I just want to know if he's worth focusing on leveling up for this next event.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 4am and I literally cannot sleep because of the travesty that is 4* Seven. This is a terrible injustice. You cannot try telling me that on that episode of Picard a LEGEND wasn't on that ship. A STAR TREK LEGEND. She wasn't super rare. She's a LEGEND! This puts you on my list TP. You've knocked DB and the debacle that was Polyester Yar right off my top spot!

Is this tongue in cheek?........if not, wow!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ren~ wrote: »
    There are 4 super rare version of Seven vs 6 legendary ones. I'm satisfied with her being super rare. There has to be a balance, and the good news about super rares is that they're typically everyone's event workhorses. Super rares matter too. I hate seeing how poorly balance some other crew are.

Comparing her other versions and their rariety is irrelevant to me. For me this card, and her return to a new Trek show, means she is a legendary, and I'm extremely disappointed to see her as a Super Rare. She will see one event, and then be banished to the freezer for months until her next faction event. With the exception of Cheesecake Seven (who isnt truly Seven, she shares with the Doc) all other legend Sevens have appalling stats and very rarely see daily voyage work. I was excited to know a new Seven, in current Trek, a character actually doing something other than sit around giving inspirational speeches, and I'm genuinely saddened to see she will be frozen for the majority of players.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    KyleA wrote: »
    I guess I'm a 'newer' player and I'm really stoked that I can get a 4* 'Picard version' of Seven.

I'm looking forward to seeing what characters the rest of the Mega Event brings.

A happy player! Cool! <3

PS: You will get used to hearing the 'grumping' on the forum ... some folk would complain even if they got everything exactly the way they wanted it, when they wanted it, and it was tossed in as a 'freebie' to boot. LOL :p
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    There are 4 super rare version of Seven vs 6 legendary ones. I'm satisfied with her being super rare. There has to be a balance, and the good news about super rares is that they're typically everyone's event workhorses. Super rares matter too. I hate seeing how poorly balance some other crew are.

Comparing her other versions and their rariety is irrelevant to me. For me this card, and her return to a new Trek show, means she is a legendary, and I'm extremely disappointed to see her as a Super Rare. She will see one event, and then be banished to the freezer for months until her next faction event. With the exception of Cheesecake Seven (who isnt truly Seven, she shares with the Doc) all other legend Sevens have appalling stats and very rarely see daily voyage work. I was excited to know a new Seven, in current Trek, a character actually doing something other than sit around giving inspirational speeches, and I'm genuinely saddened to see she will be frozen for the majority of players.

Her viability for most players is not entirely dependent on rarity. Depending on skill set, bases, and prof, as well as ship ability I'm sure many SR cards continue unfrozen for quite a few people.

I'm sure from the perspective of a player with years of the game behind them, having popular characters come out as Legendary is very desirable. But for players with less than a year under them, having them show up as SR is infinitely more desirable. A good SR can serve a newer player for a long time.

Should none of the popular characters ever come out as SR cards in the game? I think it's a bit selfish to think the game should serve longer playing members first and foremost. Putting popular characters in the SR pool puts them in the crews of more players and incentivizes them to keep playing. If all the SR cards were characters like Dr Stubbs, players in their first year would get bored never getting to use characters they want. Locking the most popular characters and depictions behind the exclusive gold border limits access to them.

Making Seven a good SR card puts her into the hands of more players and makes more players excited they can get her. This makes the game more popular, keeps more than just the three year token people playing and paying so they can have fun using the characters they love.

Oooh I awesomed this, a very good reply! I've not been playing nearly as long as some of the veterans here, and I find it surprising how fast we stop using SRs. Maybe she will have some killer gauntlet stats? (I doubt it but one can hope) I still use Mirror Phlox quite often entirely due to his gauntlet prowess. Yes I agree that's it's great in time she will be added to voyages and lots of players will be able to get her. But for me, and perhaps I have been playing too long now, SRs are too easily forgotten about once they're in the freezer. I love Picard and his doggo and everytime I use them on a voyage I remember their scenes in the show and I smile. I won't be able to do that with Seven. I don't actually freeze any of my Sevens, I keep all of them active in my roster. Even Seven in Blue, but I'm not going to use her past this event. I'm truly disappointed, I guess. I have an absolute tornado of feelings floating around inside and it wasn't my intention to be selfish and entitled, I'm simply expressing my (strong) opinions on a public forum that encourages us to do so.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Her viability for most players is not entirely dependent on rarity ....
    ... into the hands of more players and makes more players excited they can get her. This makes the game more popular, keeps more than just the three year token people playing and paying so they can have fun using the characters they love.

Great comments there!!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

Her viability for most players is not entirely dependent on rarity. Depending on skill set, bases, and prof, as well as ship ability I'm sure many SR cards continue unfrozen for quite a few people.

I'm sure from the perspective of a player with years of the game behind them, having popular characters come out as Legendary is very desirable. But for players with less than a year under them, having them show up as SR is infinitely more desirable. A good SR can serve a newer player for a long time.

Should none of the popular characters ever come out as SR cards in the game? I think it's a bit selfish to think the game should serve longer playing members first and foremost. Putting popular characters in the SR pool puts them in the crews of more players and incentivizes them to keep playing. If all the SR cards were characters like Dr Stubbs, players in their first year would get bored never getting to use characters they want. Locking the most popular characters and depictions behind the exclusive gold border limits access to them.

Making Seven a good SR card puts her into the hands of more players and makes more players excited they can get her. This makes the game more popular, keeps more than just the three year token people playing and paying so they can have fun using the characters they love.

Oooh I awesomed this, a very good reply! I've not been playing nearly as long as some of the veterans here, and I find it surprising how fast we stop using SRs. Maybe she will have some killer gauntlet stats? (I doubt it but one can hope) I still use Mirror Phlox quite often entirely due to his gauntlet prowess. Yes I agree that's it's great in time she will be added to voyages and lots of players will be able to get her. But for me, and perhaps I have been playing too long now, SRs are too easily forgotten about once they're in the freezer. I love Picard and his doggo and everytime I use them on a voyage I remember their scenes in the show and I smile. I won't be able to do that with Seven. I don't actually freeze any of my Sevens, I keep all of them active in my roster. Even Seven in Blue, but I'm not going to use her past this event. I'm truly disappointed, I guess. I have an absolute tornado of feelings floating around inside and it wasn't my intention to be selfish and entitled, I'm simply expressing my (strong) opinions on a public forum that encourages us to do so.

Upon rereading, I seem to have missed a point I wanted. I must have accidentally cut it.

Regardless of time served I think it can be easy to see the rarity of a card as a form of respect or acknowledgement of their popularity. I don't think the development side sees it the same way. I have personally been perplexed by certain choices. For instance, Captain Proton and Buster Kincaid are SR cards while the Robot and others are Legendary. Looking at it, it would be fair to assume the two characters around which the holoprogram was built, would be the cards you would expect to see given the honour of gold status. But when you consider it from the perspective of satisfying the most players. making the central characters more accessible as SR cards is the buy-in for the collection. To chance the dragon and complete the collection they place the cards that might have a more limited interest in as golds. There are certainly popular cards made as golds, in those cases the stats tend to be slightly better.

The logic seems to track so far with Elnor. He's not the most popular character. If you really want him you have to chase him. If you do chase him the reward is that he's better than the average 4/4 card. I believe the card logic for Mega events is to make popular cards more available to satisfy the most people during a period they see as a recruitment or player satisfaction period (when they expect a generally higher participation). In the off-mega events the golds tend to be more popular depictions with stats and abilities to inflate the popularity of the events between the big ones (when people might need more motivation to participate).