Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It's "Death's Door" Saru. Dip/Med/Sci.

EDIT: Seven has the new Trait "Fenris Ranger"
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would be a later Saru with some security. Seems he is about like Soji which I am getting at 4/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I was right about what stage of vahar'ai this card would reflect, but a bit off on the skills.

I'm a bit conflicted now, as DIP/MED isn't a combination I'm partially interested in, especially now that I have Soji. On the other hand, I'd love to nab a legendary Saru.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would be a later Saru with some security. Seems he is about like Soji which I am getting at 4/5.

It's a little frustrating when a legendary in the mega event has stats so similar to the recurring legendary. I'll still snag a copy, but he'll be close to the end of the citation line. Maybe the next one will be better.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

They're unifying skill sets a lot lately for faction events, Saru is like Soji and Seven similar to Elnor. Skill sets become really predictable and sometimes a bit repetitive, all you need to do is extrapolate from the existing event crew. The upside is that the devs can create crew slots for cards with more unique skill sets, the downside is that they don't bother and just clone shuttles between factions out of laziness.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this Saru compare directly to Cornwell, Darth Bashir, and Soji?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

And I would probably throw in Q as "God".
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

That I would like to Know as well. Someone might get him on Dabo this afternoon, and FtM him.

I had Tyler at 100/FE/2 🌟. Set a "Hard Deck" for trying Packs. Once he was Immortalized, no more Packs, trying for Regulos. He is Immortalized, and Fenris Ranger Seven is Level 70/2 🌟.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    Pulled one event pack, got Elnor.

I'll take that.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

It's a little frustrating when a legendary in the mega event has stats so similar to the recurring legendary. I'll still snag a copy, but he'll be close to the end of the citation line. Maybe the next one will be better.

Yeah ... at 1/5 a solid addition to Saru events in the future with a skill (DIP) he doesn't own yet ... and you can bet we'll have Saru events going forward.

@DavideBooks ... similar skill cards are Pining Vina and Virtuoso Doc. He's pretty much on par with Vina for voyages, slight giggling of numbers, but not by much.
    EDIT: He powercreeps the Doc card for voyages.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will my Voq count as a Tyler variant? I just want to know if he's worth focusing on leveling up for this next event.

Shan, would you be so kind as to either confirm or deny that Voq will count as a Tyler variant for this event? I have not yet seen a definitive answer to the above question. Thanks! LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    is it just me or is Seven missing the ‘Veteran’ trait.....?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2020

To be honest, I don't like comparing crew like this they aren't really equals ... not only do their skill sets not match up ... but you kinda start with 4/5 on each of those crew (and Q) so that automatically gives them a leg up ... here are Saru's voyage stats:

DIP: 1629
    MED: 1199
    SCI: 608 587 - corrected thanks to @Zom[BAD] Squirrel
    Total: 3436. 3415

You can check the various sites to compare against those.

To give an indication for similar crew, Vina has 3401 total and 644 on SCI, so she's a little less "top heavy".
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Yeah ... at 1/5 a solid addition to Saru events in the future with a skill (DIP) he doesn't own yet ... and you can bet we'll have Saru events going forward.
    Probably won't see too many Saru's with MED either.

Given that the two big things Saru did that episode were get sick and try to communicate, I can't disagree with DIP/MED, but with Soji running right now it just feels poorly-timed.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I don't like comparing crew like this they aren't really equals ... not only do their skill sets not match up ... not only that, but you kinda start with 4/5 on each of those crew (and Q) so that automatically gives them a leg up ... here are Saru's voyage stats:

SCI: 608
    Total: 3436.

To give an indication for similar crew, Vina has 3401 total and 644 on SCI, so she's a little less "top heavy".

I think ur SCI is off. Only 587 , so 3.415 Total Score
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, she never joined Starfleet, therefore, no veteran status.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll throw this out now...
    I want Evolved Saru - SEC/SCI/MED
    It'll be a while until we get another Saru event, but that's the one that I want. Maybe from that scene with the Ba'ul. I think that might justify the stats.

I want something like that too, Saru really needs more variants. The next one might be a super rare though, so I would suggest Acting captain Saru for that rarity.
  • Options

fair enough, but characters like ‘lonzak’ have the trait while ‘picard and number one’ does not so i see a bit of inconsistency on TP’s end
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

fair enough, but characters like ‘lonzak’ have the trait while ‘picard and number one’ does not so i see a bit of inconsistency on TP’s end

Sometimes it feels like they are going for some balance by not overloading some Crew with a lot of Traits they should have story-wise, but would make their list too long.

Picard is a good example. He definitely should have "Veteran".
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone see what the traits are for the new ship?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Borg, Transwarp Drive, Historic

Went back to make sure I remembered right. My rememory is bad.

• Options

To be honest, I don't like comparing crew like this they aren't really equals ... not only do their skill sets not match up ... not only that, but you kinda start with 4/5 on each of those crew (and Q) so that automatically gives them a leg up ... here are Saru's voyage stats:

SCI: 608
    Total: 3436.

I think ur SCI is off. Only 587 , so 3.415 Total Score

Thanks ... :) with his and Soji's numbers right above each other lines got crossed. :) Have updated it with credit where credit's due ...

This puts his totals closer to Vina, and makes him even more "top heavy".
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Borg, Transwarp Drive, Historic

Went back to make sure I remembered right. My rememory is bad.

Thanks Scott! No new trait. Excellent!

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulled one pack, got Seven, called it a day.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll throw this out now...
    I want Evolved Saru - SEC/SCI/MED
    It'll be a while until we get another Saru event, but that's the one that I want. Maybe from that scene with the Ba'ul. I think that might justify the stats.

Yep that is who I want too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Will my Voq count as a Tyler variant? I just want to know if he's worth focusing on leveling up for this next event.

Shan, would you be so kind as to either confirm or deny that Voq will count as a Tyler variant for this event? I have not yet seen a definitive answer to the above question. Thanks! LLAP

Voq will count as variant of Tyler :)

Blessings and honour to your house for the update.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Bought one pack, got a serious schematics bomb.

8eg3gmhkwkhx.png
  • Options
    I was disappointed that Seven was not the $25 offer. I am not sure offering the existing 4 star for $25 is actually getting them more money. I always by the new 4 star, and was counting on spending the $25 for the Dilithem and the packs it provides. I will not spend $25 on someone I pulled out of the Freezer
    for this event.