Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Will my Voq count as a Tyler variant? I just want to know if he's worth focusing on leveling up for this next event.

Shan, would you be so kind as to either confirm or deny that Voq will count as a Tyler variant for this event? I have not yet seen a definitive answer to the above question. Thanks! LLAP

Voq will count as variant of Tyler :)

Blessings and honour to your house for the update.
    I was disappointed that Seven was not the $25 offer. I am not sure offering the existing 4 star for $25 is actually getting them more money. I always by the new 4 star, and was counting on spending the $25 for the Dilithem and the packs it provides. I will not spend $25 on someone I pulled out of the Freezer
    for this event.

They have usually flip halfway through.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a glitch with Seven’s rare jacket build? Normally you have to build up from lower rarity versions of the item.

zp8xfno66aca.png
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the first event where all the featured characters are from “Nu Trek”?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the first event where all the featured characters are from “Nu Trek”?

No. They are all from CBS All Access. Unless something happened in the background, with the ownership change, DB doesn't have the rights to any Nu Trek contents. At least that is my understanding.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it just me or is Seven missing the ‘Veteran’ trait.....?

Technically, she never joined Starfleet, therefore, no veteran status.

fair enough, but characters like ‘lonzak’ have the trait while ‘picard and number one’ does not so i see a bit of inconsistency on TP’s end

Picard, as Picard & Number One was shown to have 'quit' Starfleet, therefore, again, no Veteran Status.

As for Lonzak, I can only assume there is some tongue-in-cheek reason for that decision, being the right hand to Dr Chaotica "Ruler of the Cosmos", and maybe some kind of military command for being his henchman?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They are all from CBS All Access. Unless something happened in the background, with the ownership change, DB doesn't have the rights to any Nu Trek contents. At least that is my understanding.

Ghosty was referring to the characters in this event though. Aka cards from Discovery and Picard. So that is what he meant with Nu Trek in this case, not the movies...

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I was disappointed that Seven was not the $25 offer. I am not sure offering the existing 4 star for $25 is actually getting them more money. I always by the new 4 star, and was counting on spending the $25 for the Dilithem and the packs it provides. I will not spend $25 on someone I pulled out of the Freezer
    for this event.

Why? You only need 1 copy of Seven anyway, since u get the other 3 from thresholds. And 25 buck Skirmishes packs aren t worth anyway, thx to the attached nerfed amount of event pack pulls(yeah i know u get useless add ship packs to compensate for). 😐
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

Ghosty was referring to the characters in this event though. Aka cards from Discovery and Picard. So that is what he meant with Nu Trek in this case, not the movies...

Oh my bad I forgot that’s what they call the Abrams movies!

I just meant anything after bridges started having windows for viewscreens! 😂😂😂

(Basically I’m saying the new shows might as well be lumped in if you ask me!)
  • Options
    Spock didn't have a sister any more than he had a brother...it's all just revisionist nonsense. Blame it on Shatner, he directed the debacle that was Star Trek V.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hm, so the featured crew all have primary SEC & secondary CMD or DIP, while the recurring 5* has MED/DIP/SCI.

I predict lots of ENG seats on the Phase 1 shuttles. >:)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, so the featured crew all have primary SEC & secondary CMD or DIP, while the recurring 5* has MED/DIP/SCI.

Hehe, and people blaming you for those eng seats 5 minutes after.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

Hehe, and people blaming you for those eng seats 5 minutes after.

I'd be okay with that ... am loaded with ENG bonus crew (heh the Cybernetics gals & guys) ... I'm more worried they're going to throw a ton of SCI into the seat mix ...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It is 4am and I literally cannot sleep because of the travesty that is 4* Seven. This is a terrible injustice. You cannot try telling me that on that episode of Picard a LEGEND wasn't on that ship. A STAR TREK LEGEND. She wasn't super rare. She's a LEGEND! This puts you on my list TP. You've knocked DB and the debacle that was Polyester Yar right off my top spot!

This is all still pale in comparison to the Roga Danar failure, at least for me. I'd rather TP created a 5* Danar with an original storyline that picks up where the episode left off, with Danar leading an uprising against the regime - than to leave the only Roga option a laughable 4*. "Roga Danar should have been a 5* crew." lol
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    <Redacted>
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So... this event storyline is operating on a flawed premise. Unless I missed a throwaway line somewhere, Borg are not (and have never been) referred to or classified as "synthetics".

42izggnwo7lz.jpg

I've noticed that too. I see we're back to "quality" writing from people who didn't watch the show.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... this event storyline is operating on a flawed premise. Unless I missed a throwaway line somewhere, Borg are not (and have never been) referred to or classified as "synthetics".

42izggnwo7lz.jpg

I'm going to play devil's advocate as I have done a time or two before. I see where Data drew the conclusion that he did, but there is also another way to read it: (may contain light spoilers - reader beware)

"I am glad to hear how useful we [Borg] are. Synthetics" (not Borg, but maybe Borg-adjacent) "are also people" (like Borg) "who deserve the chance to live, not get captured or chopped up" (like some Borg were) "in some rush to prosecution or black market."

Seven did not call Borgs synthetics, technically, in that passage. She did suggest that synthecs did not deserve to be mistreated as Borg were. It could simply be empathy for the plight of synthetics and not necessarily establishing that the Borg are synthetics.

That's just one possible interpretation. I got poor grades in reading comprehension, so I could be wrong. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

42izggnwo7lz.jpg

I'm going to play devil's advocate as I have done a time or two before. I see where Data drew the conclusion that he did, but there is also another way to read it: (may contain light spoilers - reader beware)

"I am glad to hear how useful we [Borg] are. Synthetics" (not Borg, but maybe Borg-adjacent) "are also people" (like Borg) "who deserve the chance to live, not get captured or chopped up" (like some Borg were) "in some rush to prosecution or black market."

Seven did not call Borgs synthetics, technically, in that passage. She did suggest that synthecs did not deserve to be mistreated as Borg were. It could simply be empathy for the plight of synthetics and not necessarily establishing that the Borg are synthetics.

That's just one possible interpretation. I got poor grades in reading comprehension, so I could be wrong. :)

I interpret it the same way, mainly due to her using the word 'also'.....to me that suggests in addition to the Borg.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

I can see why the Borg/XBs may be viewed the same as synthetics, maybe even regarded that way by themselves.

The synths in PIC have organic bodies, and so less hardware than the Borg, so entirely mechanical isn't the definition.

So I guess, it comes down to what's a synthetic? AI? What about when AI's procreate? Is that intelligence still artificial? You could argue that technology was needed to make them be, but then so did the Borg, as did Spock for that matter.

Hell, if "not conceived naturally" is the definition we've a lot test tube babies around now who are synths.

If this was a "real world" story, you'd every anti-vaxxer, flat-earther, and every brand of kook classifying the Borg, and probably even LaForge, as a synth all over social media.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, congratulations to @(10F) Seven of One for FTM on Fenris Ranger Seven. The card may not be a 5*, but you're legendary around here! (OK, maybe that was a bit over the top... blame it on being stuck on the couch for 3 weeks.) :wink:
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. The Jem’Hadar Battleship is the only 2* ship I don't have maxed. So naturally it's been omitted from the thresholds. Why couldn't TP have included the 2* and 4* schematics? This annoys me way more than it should.