Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

Comments

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Doh I forgot the ships, adding to the original post as well.

Ships:
    - Jem’Hadar Battleship 2* (Existing)
    - Borg Sphere 878 4* (Existing)
    - The Artifact 5* (New)

Does "The Artifact" qualify as a starship? It's more of a hulk or wreck or even a grave :/ .
    It's one and only trip we have seen did end in its crash...
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa I am honestly surprised about a new cool ship. Like!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    What!? We get The Artifact before the La Sirena the Excelsior or even before tje Borg DIAMOND???

What gives?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the one good thing about a new ship is that it means there's a possibility of getting the Romulan Bird of Prey, the Excelsior/Enterprise B, and other sought-after ships. Though I'm not thrilled about the choice here, as I feel it'll just be damaged version of the Cube; what are you going to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, it's worth pointing out, there is a whole other Skirmish coming up and there's precedent for releasing two ships in a month (October 2017 when the Shenzou and Discovery were both released). Granted that happened during a completely different era of the game, ie pre-Skirmishes.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    93655781_2715773718658483_7864225242284032000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=gQtq9z4u11EAX9LQhfU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=30531329af74db5dca10fef0f25a0afe&oe=5EBA5273

She's only half-Akimbo............

😭😿😭😿😭
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    I think the one good thing about a new ship is that it means there's a possibility of getting the Romulan Bird of Prey, the Excelsior/Enterprise B, and other sought-after ships. Though I'm not thrilled about the choice here, as I feel it'll just be damaged version of the Cube; what are you going to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, it's worth pointing out, there is a whole other Skirmish coming up and there's precedent for releasing two ships in a month (October 2017 when the Shenzou and Discovery were both released). Granted that happened during a completely different era of the game, ie pre-Skirmishes.

Maybe the full Skirmish will introduce the BoP.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    9dtdhwhi1lh8.png
    :/

Durn ya!!!!!

That made me laugh so hard my stent hurts!!!!!

🤓😹🤓😹🤓
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some spoilers here. :(

Looking forward to new ship, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep people need to be using that spoilers tag. There is little enough excitement in Picard that we can risk people missing out on the few twists.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

While I do get the spoilers thing, this is a Picard event. How do you have a Picard event without details from the show? I don't see it as a realistic or fair expectation.

Given the time frame, a resurfaced 3D model of a cube would be easier than modeling the other ships from scratch. I just keep watching the clock hoping this mega ends soon.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

While I do get the spoilers thing, this is a Picard event. How do you have a Picard event without details from the show? I don't see it as a realistic or fair expectation.

Given the time frame, a resurfaced 3D model of a cube would be easier than modeling the other ships from scratch. I just keep watching the clock hoping this mega ends soon.

I agree. You’ve either already watched the show or are not going to, but if I was commenting and used spoilers I would use the tag as that is most others want and their thoughts on it should be respected

• Options
    Woah. That Seven. Why does she look like John de Lancie???
  • Options
    Woah. That Seven. Why does she look like John de Lancie???

Now, that can never be unseen......

But once you look for it, there it is.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope the new Cube/Artifact blow up better than just a bunch of little cubes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope the new Cube/Artifact blow up better than just a bunch of little cubes.

Ha! I suspect you’re in for a disappointment.
  • Options
    Sorry, got a newb question to ask because I'm new to events: Does anything from one week's event carry over to the following week? Or maybe more correctly, will these new crew members from Constellations continue to play a specific role in subsequent events...or have they simply been relegated to the ranks of my other crew, to be used only if needed?
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Sorry, got a newb question to ask because I'm new to events: Does anything from one week's event carry over to the following week? Or maybe more correctly, will these new crew members from Constellations continue to play a specific role in subsequent events...or have they simply been relegated to the ranks of my other crew, to be used only if needed?

He event recurring legendary Soji will be event crew all month and you will be able to get three more stars for her. Elnor, the ranked legendary won in the Constellations event will be event crew for the next event. The other crew sadly are not cyberneticists so will not be bonus crew but any Sevens, Torchbearer Tyler and other Tyler variants and cyberneticists you have will give bonus in this upcoming event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    93655781_2715773718658483_7864225242284032000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=gQtq9z4u11EAX9LQhfU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=30531329af74db5dca10fef0f25a0afe&oe=5EBA5273

She's only half-Akimbo............

😭😿😭😿😭

Works for me. Dual-Tetryon-Full-Auto-Rifle-Lara-Croft-Seven will now be a 5* later on.

All three of them have some kind of 1000yard-stare. :s
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

All three of them have some kind of 1000yard-stare. :s

isn't that the "what have they done to Star Trek?" stare :|
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be a reskin so expect the existing cube with a new texture.
  • Options
    Something like this...
    7mge05fgafpm.jpg
  • Options
    Or maybe this...
    kgi8jc4uxd2u.jpg

• Options

The event recurring legendary Soji will be event crew all month and you will be able to get three more stars for her. Elnor, the ranked legendary won in the Constellations event will be event crew for the next event. The other crew sadly are not cyberneticists so will not be bonus crew but any Sevens, Torchbearer Tyler and other Tyler variants and cyberneticists you have will give bonus in this upcoming event.

Ah, thank you...the cyberneticist trait continues to be relevant. So far I only have uncommon versions of Data, Seven, & Crusher, but they actually served me surprisingly well last week. Historically, how will more 5* crew like Soji become available? Through event threshold rewards, leaderboard rewards, purchases, or what exactly...?
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    edited April 2020

The event recurring legendary Soji will be event crew all month and you will be able to get three more stars for her. Elnor, the ranked legendary won in the Constellations event will be event crew for the next event. The other crew sadly are not cyberneticists so will not be bonus crew but any Sevens, Torchbearer Tyler and other Tyler variants and cyberneticists you have will give bonus in this upcoming event.

Ah, thank you...the cyberneticist trait continues to be relevant. So far I only have uncommon versions of Data, Seven, & Crusher, but they actually served me surprisingly well last week. Historically, how will more 5* crew like Soji become available? Through event threshold rewards, leaderboard rewards, purchases, or what exactly...?

Soji as mega recurring event legendary can be won each week by getting 25,000 event points each week and claiming her in the threshold rewards in that event before the event ends for the rest of the month. Then you can merge your Soji each week until at last you have a very good 4/5 Soji that you can add a citation to for 50,000 honor. Then in two months there will be another mega event with another mega event recurring legendary and you can get 4/5 by getting 25,000 points each week. By this method you can build up some very good crew that will help in all aspects of the game.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Also - whenever we have a "Mega" (month long) Event is when you can expect 4/5 Gold crew in addition to the regular event crew on the threshold rewards.

Mega Events happen about 4 times a year or so.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Also - whenever we have a "Mega" (month long) Event is when you can expect 4/5 Gold crew in addition to the regular event crew on the threshold rewards.

Mega Events happen about 4 times a year or so.

More like 6/year, as we have had a mega every other month dating back to October 2017 (the first one was in May 2017):

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Mega-Event
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 of 9 still looks hot...
    DB: Do Better