Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So... this event storyline is operating on a flawed premise. Unless I missed a throwaway line somewhere, Borg are not (and have never been) referred to or classified as "synthetics".

I can see why the Borg/XBs may be viewed the same as synthetics, maybe even regarded that way by themselves.

The synths in PIC have organic bodies, and so less hardware than the Borg, so entirely mechanical isn't the definition.

So I guess, it comes down to what's a synthetic? AI? What about when AI's procreate? Is that intelligence still artificial? You could argue that technology was needed to make them be, but then so did the Borg, as did Spock for that matter.

Hell, if "not conceived naturally" is the definition we've a lot test tube babies around now who are synths.

If this was a "real world" story, you'd every anti-vaxxer, flat-earther, and every brand of kook classifying the Borg, and probably even LaForge, as a synth all over social media.

2ovdnxyzklua.jpeg

Sorry...couldn’t help myself. :)

Ha!!! Five star joke Dirk!!

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. 4 packs, 4 tylers who is already frozen away.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ahae81q0wmmo.jpg

Tilting Point, 2012-current
    Portrait of The Artifact's Freaky Green Interior Without Its Exterior, Ironically Above Romulus, as Seen in the Background of the Gauntlet
    1366 x 693px
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahae81q0wmmo.jpg

Portrait of The Artifact's Freaky Green Interior Without Its Exterior, Ironically Above Romulus, as Seen in the Background of the Gauntlet
    1366 x 693px

You forgot the price. I'd put $100,000 on it, 'cause it's at least as good as that banana duct-taped to the wall.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahae81q0wmmo.jpg

1366 x 693px

You forgot the price. I'd put $100,000 on it, 'cause it's at least as good as that banana duct-taped to the wall.

Hey, that banana speaks to me, man. 😉
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking ahead to phase 2, and since it's been a long time since we had a faction/skirmish hybrid... will event crew be available for skirmish ships even if they are on an event shuttle? I'm thinking "yes", but wanted to check the group's recollections.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking ahead to phase 2, and since it's been a long time since we had a faction/skirmish hybrid... will event crew be available for skirmish ships even if they are on an event shuttle? I'm thinking "yes", but wanted to check the group's recollections.

Crew on voyages and shuttles in previous skirmishes have been available. My assumption is that they will be available.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    So... this event storyline is operating on a flawed premise. Unless I missed a throwaway line somewhere, Borg are not (and have never been) referred to or classified as "synthetics".

42izggnwo7lz.jpg

Here's a shuttle mission I just ran:

A Familiar Face

Picard, who is an xB himself, is uniquely qualified to campaign on the Borg's behalf. But Picard is naturally conflicted about defending the Borg, even if they are synthetics. Help him overcome his reservations.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

42izggnwo7lz.jpg

Here's a shuttle mission I just ran:

A Familiar Face

Picard, who is an xB himself, is uniquely qualified to campaign on the Borg's behalf. But Picard is naturally conflicted about defending the Borg, even if they are synthetics. Help him overcome his reservations.

Maybe next week we can get a mission or two to clarify that Borg are not the same classification as synthetics. I don't mind retcons if they get us back to canon.
    (Feel free to post the Star Trek cannon because I enjoy it. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    You thawed Temporal Agent?

The Ranger doesn’t look happy about failing the mission.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    vg1kh9utnaam.jpg

Whomp.

Obviously, 28 was not enough........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    vg1kh9utnaam.jpg

Whomp.

I was thisclose to making that quip instead of "Whomp."
  • Options
    ehjm0t6sz4yu.jpeg
    I am always relieved when the Icheb rescue mission is successful.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    vg1kh9utnaam.jpg

Whomp.

I was thisclose to making that quip instead of "Whomp."

Golf Mike Tango Aloha
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Crew on voyages and shuttles in previous skirmishes have been available. My assumption is that they will be available.

Presumably, anyone that wants to know the answer to this question will just try it, but for the record... yes, you can have the event crew (e.g., FR Seven, Soji, Torch Tyler, Elnor) out on a shuttle AND use them on your skirmish ship at the same time. (This was the expected behavior, but you just never know sometimes.) Happy skirmishing everyone!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Presumably, anyone that wants to know the answer to this question will just try it, but for the record... yes, you can have the event crew (e.g., FR Seven, Soji, Torch Tyler, Elnor) out on a shuttle AND use them on your skirmish ship at the same time. (This was the expected behavior, but you just never know sometimes.) Happy skirmishing everyone!

‘ware the dirty shuttle UI scramble
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    To whom it may concern: my event crew aren't getting bonuses on leftover Event Faction Shuttle Missions in Phase 2 on iOS, but they ARE getting their bonuses on those leftover shuttle missions through the Facebook portal.

qimb87pyr671.png

3z891fupmox5.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I've never done a skirmish event before, but I gotta say...I'm getting pretty burnt out on this repetition. Much more so than running shuttles or crafting for factions. Besides winning the various threshold rewards, and ultimately landing in the rank you're after, is there any point to all of this? It never ends! I imagine the biggest winners will essentially be the players who can stay awake the longest and keep clicking the fastest, until the clock runs out lol.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there any point to all of this?

Too philosophical for me, mate
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish goals.
    Thresholds. If the new 4* and a 10x portal pull are what you want, it's a good place to stop.

Rank. If you want to rank it's a long repetitive tap tap tap. If the 4* is all you need you probably won't have to tap a whole lot past threshold. But you will have to. The big threshold winners are indeed those willing to tap the longest, or who tap as a team. Depending on the perceived value of the card the amount of tapping can vary. I don't see a lot of people talking about how awesome Saru is, and a number of people have compared his stats to Soji. For this reason I would say hitting 1500 shouldnt be impossible for a mid level tapper. If this card appeals to you, the competition shouldn't be ridiculous.

Farming/Equiping. A huge benifit of the skirmish event is farming honor and components. The event can even return some of the chrons spent, allowing reinvestment. Farming honor is useful. Farming rarer components is most cost effective during a skirmish. You can also farm more common components for the next galaxy. How much tapping and farming is up to you and your farming goals. Maybe you just have a few characters you want to freeze or max for voyaging and your done. Even the most furious tappers are limited by their stockpile of chrons.

Your goals from the event are a strong factor is defining for yourself if you have "won."
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Rank. If you want to rank it's a long repetitive tap tap tap. If the 4* is all you need you probably won't have to tap a whole lot past threshold. But you will have to. The big threshold winners are indeed those willing to tap the longest, or who tap as a team. Depending on the perceived value of the card the amount of tapping can vary. I don't see a lot of people talking about how awesome Saru is, and a number of people have compared his stats to Soji. For this reason I would say hitting 1500 shouldnt be impossible for a mid level tapper. If this card appeals to you, the competition shouldn't be ridiculous.

A lot of players are also still trying to recoup their chronitons after last week's Galaxy and a Galaxy hybrid the week before. We're also eyeing the week 4 full Skirmish that ought to have a legacy 5* in the rank table for the subsequent flashback/replay.

And I hope anyone tapping as a team gets logged out and forgets their password and can't get support to help until Tuesday.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Speaking of which, how's the RNG treating you? So far it's paying out low on chrons and high on extra VP for me. It seems I haven't watered my chron bushes very well...