Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Seekers of Life - 04/16 - Mega-Event Part 2 - Edit: ships!

Comments

• Options
    I guess the bonus ship will be NCC-1031. Just saying...j2in2p1um7cm.gif
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zefram Gr wrote: »
    I guess the bonus ship will be NCC-1031. Just saying...j2in2p1um7cm.gif

New ship, fine. New trait, NO!!! Unless it’s Maquis or Hirogen

• Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Maybe La Sirena.

gzz6jp42xivy.gif

Or even the Fenris fighter of Seven. After the Federation fighter, everything it's possible.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be a new ship, likely it will be the Discovery. Maybe for the full Skirmish though?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll definitely be fighting for Saru. I'm curious what his skills will be. I'm thinking: SCI/MED/CMD

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I'll definitely be fighting for Saru. I'm curious what his skills will be. I'm thinking: SCI/MED/CMD

Sec/Com/?

If by the name, they mean after he went through the change. Should have high Security, if it is that part of the process.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will my Voq count as a Tyler variant? I just want to know if he's worth focusing on leveling up for this next event.

IIRC, Voq has counted as a variant in previous events featuring Tyler. Hopefully, Shan/WRG will confirm this on Monday.

Here’s a Wiki link for reference to all of Tyler’s variants:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Tyler
    🖖
    P.S.: Here’s one for Seven as well:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Seven
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

Sec/Com/?

If by the name, they mean after he went through the change. Should have high Security, if it is that part of the process.

I was thinking it was Saru undergoing the process in An Obol for Charon, but if it's afterward a SEC primary would make sense.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be helpful to remember that we haven't seen the art for Fenris Ranger Seven yet. I'm not even entirely clear whether she was acting as a Ranger when she went on her vengeful rampage. She was definitely a Ranger though, asking Picard if he was out saving the galaxy. That was also a key image in the trailer, and a lot of the artwork in this game is taken from key imagery.

More helpful than remembering that, though, is probably reevaluating one's perspective if anything in this game is keeping one from sleeping. Yes, that includes setting alarms for shuttles.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger Seven might be the version from her chat with Picard. A 5* Avenging Seven might be the Sec beast we thought Elnor would be.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, I doubt this is going to be Akimbo Seven (as some imaginative people have nicknamed her). More likely it's Just Beamed Off Her Disintegrating Ship Seven or Bourbon Seven. I'm betting Bourbon Seven.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    How many bonus crew do you feel are “enough” if you’re just trying to hit thresholds in a faction event, not trying to rank? I seem to have a tendency to over-thaw super rares who never end up on shuttles.

Edit: For example, I have 15 Cyberneticists at 1/5 or better, not counting super rares. Is that enough to run 4 shuttles at a high percent?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many bonus crew do you feel are “enough” if you’re just trying to hit thresholds in a faction event, not trying to rank? I seem to have a tendency to over-thaw super rares who never end up on shuttles.

Edit: For example, I have 15 Cyberneticists at 1/5 or better, not counting super rares. Is that enough to run 4 shuttles at a high percent?

That is WAY enough. Eight would be plenty, two on each shuttle

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Saru could be the SEC/SCI/MED that I've been wanting. My hopes aren't high. But if it happens... I'll be blowing up a ton of ships. And then I'll be going ham on the recap packs. One can dream. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Classic Jenos overcompensating.
  • Options

Better to Rank way above 1500, than to be the one at 1501......

I re-animated EV Suit Seven now that I made room. So we have time, if Phlox has to treat her for freezer burn.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

dip med sci
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, 15 5*s are usually more than sufficient to run high % shuttles.

Two points:

1. Week 2 is coupled with Skirmish ... so I don't think the faction phase will carry too much VP weight ... most players will earn the bulk of their VP in phase 2.
    I personally won't be defrosting too many 4*s (if any) and just go all out in phase 2.

2. For week 3 ... it depends on your skill distribution ... for the Astrophysicist mega, most of my 5*s were SCI-main crew. Many of my 1/5s and 2/5s I never ended up using because I needed DIP, CMD and SEC bonus crew ...
    Check where you are light (note, we don't know all the bonus crew for week 3 yet!) and defrost when the time comes.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    Doh I forgot the ships, adding to the original post as well.

Ships:
    - Jem’Hadar Battleship 2* (Existing)
    - Borg Sphere 878 4* (Existing)
    - The Artifact 5* (New)

I haven't seen The show yet, but I am guessing Legendary Ship is from Picard?

EDIT: Sorry, Shan. I guess everybody assumed someone else massaged you. I guess we know what that does to u & med.........
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Artifact is indeed from Picard.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Artifact isn’t maybe the ship we wanted (La Sirena, of course) but I won’t turn my nose up at it.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The Artifact is indeed from Picard.

Thanx, Shan. And Hoppy Easter Monday!!!!! {My Calendar App actually has that set as a "holiday".}
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn’t introduce a new trait
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I’m thinking Romulan, Battlecruiser, and Transwarp Drive. Adding Borg as a fourth or in place of Romulan would just make it a dupe of the existing Cube. I could also see Warship perhaps instead of Battlecruiser, just to shake things up.
  • Options

I hope it has a built-in 15% Instant Repair, called "Safety Meeting at 1500 Hours", as an Easter Egg to the "Days Since..." Sign.
  • Options
    Yeah this entire mega is just not for me 😂
  • Options
    Ok, I’m actually happy about the new ship. Granted it’ll likely just be the original Borg Cube with some kind of small graphics change in its appearance, but I still like that we’re getting another Borg ship. The only downside is that it comes from that abomination called Picard.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.