Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Suitable Menace - 04/23 - Mega-Event Part 3

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    x-posting

The intent was to have her have the cyberneticist trait but it got lost in the code somehow.
    This will be corrected with next week's server release.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    x-posting

The intent was to have her have the cyberneticist trait but it got lost in the code somehow.

Well, that would be bad for this week, if she were not Featured Crew. But, she will now be useful next week, as well. Thanx for the update, Shan.

I think people still sometimes forget that things are "complicated" right now. Tipping Point is on it, and it will be fixed before it is an issue.

Everyone please try to remember and understand that things are different right now........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, MEDICAL DOCTOR Prisoner Katrina Cornwell, who uses her specific medical specialty while a prisoner, does not have "Physician" still.............

wgfm2xf7qm4c.jpeg

... or post about it in the Traits Audit thread in the Make It So category, where this type of comment is relevant. 🖖

I'm pretty done with the expired equine entity. Won't bring it up again.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sxzcxo5xsusy.jpg
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    x-posting

Well, that would be bad for this week, if she were not Featured Crew. But, she will now be useful next week, as well. Thanx for the update, Shan.

I think people still sometimes forget that things are "complicated" right now. Tipping Point is on it, and it will be fixed before it is an issue.

Everyone please try to remember and understand that things are different right now........

I recommend using Soji or one of the other event crew during the skirmish to get the maximum VP. Jurrati isn't the worst skirmish crew, but I can give you a long list of better crew if you need them.

That's why I wasn't even a little torn up about the oversight. It really won't matter. It'll be mildly annoying to new players who need to crit a Cyberneticist node, but that's really the worst impact of this accidental oversight. Water under the bridge. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I am sure someone has already pointed this out but Dr. Agnes Jurat's skills and traits are completely wrong. Just because you have "Doctor" before your name doesn't make you a physician... she is a cyberneticist
  • Options
    Etienne wrote: »
    I am sure someone has already pointed this out but Dr. Agnes Jurat's skills and traits are completely wrong. Just because you have "Doctor" before your name doesn't make you a physician... she is a cyberneticist

I lost count. But yes. It was pointed out and Shan said that she will address it with the devs.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough about Jurati everyone - it's been (and is being) addressed, and it will not affect gameplay. And this is far from the first time that STT has had issues with properly distinguishing between clinical doctors and research doctors (whether of the clinical or pre-clinical type). Just shrug and move on.

Instead, let's talk about Hugh, shall we? Many players were looking forward to him (and his stats). Does he meet your expectations? Although I had no particular pre-reveal opinion about it, my initial post-reveal take is "meh". I'll probably still chase him down for the future Pic-event value, but I could also make a case for leisurely coasting (esp with next week being skirmish, and Soji being the only crew needed).

Seconded.

Hugh thoughts - my initial thought was meh, but then I was swayed a bit based on his voyage score (nice), skill order (rare), and that he's cool. Still wish he'd had a somewhat rarer skill set that included ENG/MED/CMD in some order. I've got lots of boosts and tokens and decent crew, so will probably go and get him.
  • Options
    I'll get him too. But he's not inspiring enough to continue pulling recap packs after Soji is done. Maybe I'll luck into a Hugh or two before my first Soji. Hugh, Nhan, and Saru from this mega event are all mid-tier in my book. I can't really pick a winner out of the three. Saru would win if I didn't have Soji and Q as "God". But I do. Nahn and Hugh are roughly equal. Nhan is potentially main cast next season, whereas Hugh's strength lies with his history in the franchise. I prefer Nhan's skills, but Hugh has better traits. In the end, Hugh is a collector's item for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough about Jurati everyone - it's been (and is being) addressed, and it will not affect gameplay. And this is far from the first time that STT has had issues with properly distinguishing between clinical doctors and research doctors (whether of the clinical or pre-clinical type). Just shrug and move on.

Instead, let's talk about Hugh, shall we? Many players were looking forward to him (and his stats). Does he meet your expectations? Although I had no particular pre-reveal opinion about it, my initial post-reveal take is "meh". I'll probably still chase him down for the future Pic-event value, but I could also make a case for leisurely coasting (esp with next week being skirmish, and Soji being the only crew needed).

@Prime Lorca [10FH] had me hoping for com/med/eng. So yeah, I’m disappointed, but not especially surprised. If he DID have that skill set, I think it would’ve gone a LONG way towards making this mega a lot more “MEGA”. But Soji is nice. And 3 phases of skirmishes after 10 weeks with 0 is nice. Not my favorite mega, but definitely not the worst either.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Sooooo, Jurati isn’t a cyberneticist somehow. Pleas tel me that will be fixed?

I'm wondering the same thing. They have her in game as a physician.... did they not watch the show? She's a scientist from the Daystrom Institute, not a medical doctor.

Exactly! Not a physician, definitely a cyberneticist.

Just to re-iterate, according to the book, she is both.

It makes sense, as Maddox was looking to make organic androids and she was a critical member of that team before it was shut down. In any case, with the trait fix coming we can now turn our torches and pitchforks to Hugh’s skill combination. :)
  • Options

My Mountaineer Spock and immo'd Honored Owo are not impressed with Hugh.

The voyage numbers are nice, but overall I'm solidly in the "meh" camp. Definitely should have had MED instead of SCI. CMD and ENG make sense though.

If I didn't need a fourth star for Seven and Jurati, I'd probably skip the recap packs altogether. I have a bad history getting golds from these packs (never finished the recurring mega this way) and aside from Soji, this has been an event full of "meh". Saru nearly mirroring Soji was an unfortunate choice.

I hope we can blame this lackluster Mega on the outgoing DB team and not the incoming TP team, because this is not a positive sign in my book. And I really enjoyed Picard, so I should have been more thrilled to see the crew in the game. 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷 / 5
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

My Mountaineer Spock and immo'd Honored Owo are not impressed with Hugh.

The voyage numbers are nice, but overall I'm solidly in the "meh" camp. Definitely should have had MED instead of SCI. CMD and ENG make sense though.

If I didn't need a fourth star for Seven and Jurati, I'd probably skip the recap packs altogether. I have a bad history getting golds from these packs (never finished the recurring mega this way) and aside from Soji, this has been an event full of "meh". Saru nearly mirroring Soji was an unfortunate choice.

I hope we can blame this lackluster Mega on the outgoing DB team and not the incoming TP team, because this is not a positive sign in my book. And I really enjoyed Picard, so I should have been more thrilled to see the crew in the game. 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷 / 5

I've certainly ended up with the legendaries I didn't end up trying to rank for in recap packs. I'm looking at you, Age of Sail Worf and Lt Cmdr Icheb. I got two Worfs and one Icheb in February while pulling 32 recap packs to finally get a Picard.

This time, far less dil saved up (thanks, Medic Reno) so I won't be able to pull as many. Bet I end up with Nhan and Elnor.

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    My weekly mock-up of the ranked event Legendary...

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR HUGH TO JOIN THE GALACTICA

"He will prove an invaluable weapon against the Cylons," says Admiral Adama

3ucohcaz62fl.jpg

Lol, is this the first one?

I seem to have missed the rest if so
  • Options
    Some MED-ENG would have been nice for Hugh but to be honest I'm happy if i don't have to compete for the ranked reward.

The art seems really good though. I've only seen it on my phone screen so far, but it looks great and very detailed. Not just the face, but everything. There are visible veins/tendons on his hands.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited about Hugh because his art looks fantastic and its lovely to see a crew I remember from years ago back in the game. While I have that skill combo represented with similar, fairly recent crew the sheer nostalgia makes this event a winner for me <3
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Sooooo, Jurati isn’t a cyberneticist somehow. Pleas tel me that will be fixed?

I'm wondering the same thing. They have her in game as a physician.... did they not watch the show? She's a scientist from the Daystrom Institute, not a medical doctor.

Exactly! Not a physician, definitely a cyberneticist.

Just to re-iterate, according to the book, she is both.

The book is probably as lazily written as the new show, then.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

Re: Agnes Jurati, M.D. - Isn't "cyberneticist" really just another way of saying "robot doctor"?

Technically, no. It's a field of study that includes many elements that are a part of androids. But it would also relate to the systems that control and integrate artificial appliances and prosthetics.

For example, Picard's heart would have hardware and software that required finetuning and repair. A doctor educated in the mechanics of the body, general mechanics, and programming would be better suited to the develop, checkup, and maintain them.

A medical cybernetisist would very likely have a considerable amount of knowledge and experience that would transfer to designing an android or other artificial device, but that may vary. Some one trained entirely in building mechanisms and programming software would also have skills that would help build an android, but without some study of biology, they would have trouble making convincing or useful replacement organs and other parts for people.

So, it wouldn't be a given that any doctor would be able to care for Picard's heart. It's also not a given that a programmer or engineer would be able to either. Crusher might recognize code and be able to modify it, but I would doubt she could build it from the ground up. LaForge might be able to build things and program them, but without a reference for exactly how a heart functions, he wouldn't know how something was wrong with it or what it should precisely do.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

Re: Agnes Jurati, M.D. - Isn't "cyberneticist" really just another way of saying "robot doctor"?

Technically, no. It's a field of study that includes many elements that are a part of androids. But it would also relate to the systems that control and integrate artificial appliances and prosthetics.

For example, Picard's heart would have hardware and software that required finetuning and repair. A doctor educated in the mechanics of the body, general mechanics, and programming would be better suited to the develop, checkup, and maintain them.

A medical cybernetisist would very likely have a considerable amount of knowledge and experience that would transfer to designing an android or other artificial device, but that may vary. Some one trained entirely in building mechanisms and programming software would also have skills that would help build an android, but without some study of biology, they would have trouble making convincing or useful replacement organs and other parts for people.

So, it wouldn't be a given that any doctor would be able to care for Picard's heart. It's also not a given that a programmer or engineer would be able to either. Crusher might recognize code and be able to modify it, but I would doubt she could build it from the ground up. LaForge might be able to build things and program them, but without a reference for exactly how a heart functions, he wouldn't know how something was wrong with it or what it should precisely do.

You don't speak "flippant", do you?
  • Options
    We did see Jurati practice medicine medicine in the show as well. One out of two patients approved of her care.

Hmm. And what happened to the other one?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

Surely they have some sort of “Google” for DIY cybernetics in the 24th century.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Hugh - He may be comparable to Mountaineer Spock and Honored Owosekun on paper, but he has one distinct advantage over the two of them. I only have them at 1/5, and neither sees any action outside some events. Recap packs could make Hugh useful to me while they languish.

Spock is real good. I got 2 from his initial event then 3 more after he was added to the portal. I think he’s going to see more action than Hugh or Owosekun.
  • Options
    We did see Jurati practice medicine medicine in the show as well. One out of two patients approved of her care.

Hmm. And what happened to the other one?

He disapproved but never filed a formal complaint.

You are on fire, friend. :)
    Farewell 🖖