Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Need for Speed - 05/14

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Seems we we are back to the Faction overkill. With this event to come 9 of the last 15 events have been Faction or part Faction. :|

Indeed. My Fleet is not happy with this event at all. The Crew on offer excites No one and we are drained of boosts. We did fairly well in the last 2 Factions.
    The galaxy phase is the most important part of a faction/galaxy hybrid.

You still need shuttle tickets and boosts for a hybrid.. you start to run out eventually. Even if you buy them. If you like Faction but don't like Galaxy for example, the Faction portion of a hybrid becomes far more important. When there are so many factions it becomes hard to have the resources to place highly enough to get a gold crew.
    I recommend finding a silver lining and getting some positivity flowing through your fleet.

How would you suggest I do that? I have 0 control over their issues. I've heard many cited by my fleet, Among them. Events are boring and repetitive. The Crew on offer is (often) underwhelming. No new episodes. No changes to Gauntlet for a long time. Gauntlet is frustrating. Event Start times favor U.S. players over International players. Offers are too expensive or offer little of value. Portal is full of old useless crew that nobody wants. No new Starbase rooms, not enough to do. VIP has never been expanded, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. I think it boils down to the fact that everything is overpriced and grind is undervalued. Overall problem with the game as a whole. The game only works for people paying 10K a month or more. So for the rest of us it comes down to, Is the game fun and is it worthwhile playing. When there is a lot of repetition and little new content added people get bored. If they grind the whole weekend and only get a Super Rare or less they get frustrated. There are ways to make the game better but they NEVER happen (well almost never). Last change that made my fleet happy was the Campaign. If more sweeping changes like that were made I'm sure people would be happier. My fleet is currently unhappy and is showing it by boycotting this event. I'm gonna join them and support them. No money will be spent by me on this event. TP needs to Think about making some changes so more people can compete properly in events and get something worthwhile for their grind. If they don't people are gonna vote with their wallets. Mabye that means something to them.. mabye it doesn't. My fleet feels like this is what they want to do and I support them.

Somewhat unrelated.. In my many years on this planet I have observed something. No matter how mediocre something is someone on the Internet will say it isn't.

There is no downside from a player standpoint of making some positive changes to the game. Make us happy TP.

Don't waste your shuttle boosts in a hybrid. The galaxy half has so many more VP that the faction half doesn't matter. If you save your boosts for full faction events you'll realize how many boosts you have.

+1 to this, with the added note that it takes only a little dedication (and no cash whatsoever) to load up on boost packs every single Thursday with judicious use of ad doublers/warps. Not that I would recommend it, but buying another set of cadet tickets would further add to your haul, though not by double because you’d lose some of the ad warp opportunities; if my napkin math is right, one set of tickets plus ad warps should provide roughly 15 standard boost packs (use a mission on Elite for best results) and two sets of tickets should provide around 25 packs, depending on your work/sleep schedules.

Once upon a time, I used all the time reducers I had saved up in every single full or hybrid Faction event...they ran out quickly, I didn’t rank very highly, and I never had a reserve supply for when I wanted to push for rank. Then I tried only using a handful for the kickstart and saving the rest only for when I wanted to really go all out...rather than having a couple dozen 3/4/5* time reducers get flushed down the drain in every event, I have 100+ available whenever they are needed - all without spending a single dil crystal on extra tickets.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I try to get as close as possible to threshold in the Faction part to avoid as much Galaxy annoyance as possible, so I fairly use time boosts in Galaxy hybrids too. I always use to have around 300 1.5 h boosts on stock though. With Thursday adwarps and a cadet refresh every couple of months when I have time to adwarp 12 of them they tend to stay the same as I never go for high rank in Faction but rather for 800 to 1499 with blending in shuttle token and doublers.

f7mssfm1kv8h.jpeg
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Keiko is cool. ❤
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me with factions I was having a lot of difficulties with them a couple months back but I realized I was using them to get to a higher tier that I did not need to do. I found by dropping one tier lower I could still get the legendary and only miss out on a little extra stuff. Then factions became much more fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I try to get as close as possible to threshold in the Faction part to avoid as much Galaxy annoyance as possible, so I fairly use time boosts in Galaxy hybrids too. I always use to have around 300 1.5 h boosts on stock though. With Thursday adwarps and a cadet refresh every couple of months when I have time to adwarp 12 of them they tend to stay the same as I never go for high rank in Faction but rather for 800 to 1499 with blending in shuttle token and doublers.

f7mssfm1kv8h.jpeg

The best part of this screenshot is the lone 2** time boost.

It makes my OCD flare up. Either 2 or 4, but not just 1, please! 😈
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    $10 for Captain Harry Kim? Shall I upgrade my 2/5 copy?
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Poor mans version of Braxton but will be useful in the next event. I don’t think it’s a bad one but it’s a bit meh also
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

f7mssfm1kv8h.jpeg

There was a comment in our fleet chat recently that 2* time boosts must have the worst drop rate.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

f7mssfm1kv8h.jpeg

There was a comment in our fleet chat recently that 2* time boosts must have the worst drop rate.

It's because of the different portal levels. We're all running cadet tickets and getting boost packs that are 3*+. Everything 0-2* need the basic portal for. So 0 and 1* are more common from that portal. 3*+ would be even more rare from the basic portal, but because we get plenty from Thur cadet, we don't notice how rare they are in the basic portal. That leaves 2* in the odd position of being stuck in the middle.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me that I needed 4 2* speeders for the next event. Took me ~7-8 pulls to get them.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Harry always gets dissed, even after making Captain. An LTO with one day left in Campaign, and no bonus Accolades........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I detest Galaxy personally. I need all the chron I can muster to level crew that I buy.
    diminishing excitement

That sums up the feeling in my fleet nicely.

edited May 2020
    I detest Galaxy personally. I need all the chron I can muster to level crew that I buy.
    diminishing excitement

That sums up the feeling in my fleet nicely.

So your fleet does not like galaxy events and your fleet does not like faction events? Do they like skirmish or hybrids? Is it perhaps something more simple, just event fatigue?
    Let’s fly!
  • Woo!

Pilot!

Time to thaw Angel One Riker :)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo!

Pilot!

Time to thaw Angel One Riker :)

Not sure about your roster but I think:
    Sulu of the Body, Taresian Kim, Riker Q, Cristobal Rios (even at 3/4), Captain Sulu, Celebratory Ash Tyler are better options for Dip AND Com Seats unless you are particular on skill ordering.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to recaps I have two Rios so that's nice I get to use them really soon.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    keiko is a 2 skiller (dip/sci)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    keiko is a 2 skiller (dip/sci)

Big bases but easy pass.

• IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    130k and out for me this week.
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    @Shan There's a mistake in the Event notes. Delta Flyer Kim isn't existing.
    Delta Flyer Kim (Existing) 4*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 861 (147-295), ENG 618 (109-277), SEC 392 (66-132)
    Traits: Federation, Human,Starfleet, Musician, Romantic, Pilot
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIP & MED look to be the bottlenecks in phase 1, FWIW. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    DIP & MED look to be the bottlenecks in phase 1, FWIW. 🖖

Thanks!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keiko is purty.

Love the traditional ethnic wedding clothes.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her ship abilities give 400% damage with evasion. Not bad. And her base score is impressive. Fully fused she might still be worth it as a voyager. I plan to play hard and wait for Friday to see next week before choosing to only go threshold.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Keiko wear that same dress when she married Klinger?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Her ship abilities give 400% damage with evasion. Not bad. And her base score is impressive. Fully fused she might still be worth it as a voyager. I plan to play hard and wait for Friday to see next week before choosing to only go threshold.

Overall she is way worse than Burnham. And an impressive Base score would been 1300+/1100+ for a 2 skill only crew.

fm8twfylgb90.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    That Keiko is bad.
    Let’s fly!
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I WAS gonna try to go a little hard on the one. But, now maybe no more than needed to get one copy.

Say, ya'll don't want to make that ranked reward modification from a week or so ago permanent, would you?