Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Need for Speed - 05/14

Comments

• 2 points and out for me, free 10x premium pull from phase 2
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see myself wasting a single chron on Keiko. On threshold maybe, but maybe I stay with whatever the Faction part gave me for playing half-heartedly.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Woo!

Pilot!

Time to thaw Angel One Riker :)

Not sure about your roster but I think:
    Sulu of the Body, Taresian Kim, Riker Q, Cristobal Rios (even at 3/4), Captain Sulu, Celebratory Ash Tyler are better options for Dip AND Com Seats unless you are particular on skill ordering.

Thanks.

I actually have a very full roster. My excitement at thawing Angel One Riker was my little joke. Guess it's not that funny when one has to explain it. :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we we are back to the Faction overkill. With this event to come 9 of the last 15 events have been Faction or part Faction. :|

Indeed. My Fleet is not happy with this event at all. The Crew on offer excites No one and we are drained of boosts. We did fairly well in the last 2 Factions.
    The galaxy phase is the most important part of a faction/galaxy hybrid.

You still need shuttle tickets and boosts for a hybrid.. you start to run out eventually. Even if you buy them. If you like Faction but don't like Galaxy for example, the Faction portion of a hybrid becomes far more important. When there are so many factions it becomes hard to have the resources to place highly enough to get a gold crew.
    I recommend finding a silver lining and getting some positivity flowing through your fleet.

How would you suggest I do that? I have 0 control over their issues. I've heard many cited by my fleet, Among them. Events are boring and repetitive. The Crew on offer is (often) underwhelming. No new episodes. No changes to Gauntlet for a long time. Gauntlet is frustrating. Event Start times favor U.S. players over International players. Offers are too expensive or offer little of value. Portal is full of old useless crew that nobody wants. No new Starbase rooms, not enough to do. VIP has never been expanded, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. I think it boils down to the fact that everything is overpriced and grind is undervalued. Overall problem with the game as a whole. The game only works for people paying 10K a month or more. So for the rest of us it comes down to, Is the game fun and is it worthwhile playing. When there is a lot of repetition and little new content added people get bored. If they grind the whole weekend and only get a Super Rare or less they get frustrated. There are ways to make the game better but they NEVER happen (well almost never). Last change that made my fleet happy was the Campaign. If more sweeping changes like that were made I'm sure people would be happier. My fleet is currently unhappy and is showing it by boycotting this event. I'm gonna join them and support them. No money will be spent by me on this event. TP needs to Think about making some changes so more people can compete properly in events and get something worthwhile for their grind. If they don't people are gonna vote with their wallets. Mabye that means something to them.. mabye it doesn't. My fleet feels like this is what they want to do and I support them.

Somewhat unrelated.. In my many years on this planet I have observed something. No matter how mediocre something is someone on the Internet will say it isn't.

There is no downside from a player standpoint of making some positive changes to the game. Make us happy TP.

You're relying on someone else to make you happy. That's not a good thing.

I'm skipping the part where you ask now to get some positivity going because you clearly don't plan to do any such thing, otherwise would wouldn't have spent so much time typing a negative rant. Your chosen path of boycott leads to getting the game shut down if you are successful. I'm not sure I would call that a victory.

Good luck with all that. PM if you actually want to turn things in a less negative direction.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Pretty much just going to stop after I immo Kim. Maybe if I'm bored I'll go for full thresh holds.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her ship abilities give 400% damage with evasion. Not bad. And her base score is impressive. Fully fused she might still be worth it as a voyager. I plan to play hard and wait for Friday to see next week before choosing to only go threshold.

Her Sledgehammer is also non-Conditional. If anyone is missing a 400% non-Conditional. I already have more than I use, because I switched in Admiral Hubris for the Attack Speed Boost.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    While Bridal Keiko's stats are probably mediocre, her artwork is quite detailed and beautifully done.

Thumbs up, TP!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    While Bridal Keiko's stats are probably mediocre, her artwork is quite detailed and beautifully done.

Thumbs up, TP!

The art is nice, but I prefer smiles. She looks upset. I don't recall the episode well, so maybe that is all they had to work with.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Her ship abilities give 400% damage with evasion. Not bad. And her base score is impressive. Fully fused she might still be worth it as a voyager. I plan to play hard and wait for Friday to see next week before choosing to only go threshold.

Her Sledgehammer is also non-Conditional. If anyone is missing a 400% non-Conditional. I already have more than I use, because I switched in Admiral Hubris for the Attack Speed Boost.

8s initialization won’t affect Skirmish, should we be shocked on Friday. Easy pass. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »

Thumbs up, TP!

The art is nice, but I prefer smiles. She looks upset. I don't recall the episode well, so maybe that is all they had to work with.

She looks pretty happy to me. I think that may even be a smile dimple on her cheek.

awg4i4rgmiis.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Were they going for a Mona Lisa type thing?
    Farewell 🖖
    edited May 2020
    Artwork is amazing. Kudos to the WRG team. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I'm paying them.
    I'm skipping the part where you ask now to get some positivity going because you clearly don't plan to do any such thing

Great. Your original suggestion was ridiculous. You act as if people don't have legit reasons to be unhappy with the game. Ludicrous.
    otherwise would wouldn't have spent so much time typing a negative rant.

Are you offended?
    Your chosen path

Wasn't my idea but I fully support it. Solidarity with my fleet.
    of boycott leads to getting the game shut down if you are successful.

Wow.. We are so powerful!! Take the whole game down eh? I think you are being a bit alarmist aren't you? We are just looking for some changes. Thats all.
    Good luck with all that.

Thanx Pal!
    So your fleet does not like galaxy events and your fleet does not like faction events? Do they like skirmish or hybrids? Is it perhaps something more simple, just event fatigue?

You guys want to pick a fight with me.. haha. I said "I" not "We". I detest Galaxy. Just my own issue.

She was upset for a lot of the episode. She wanted to cancel the wedding.
    edited May 2020
    Well done, @.•°ßrÅTT°•. [ST] . 👏
    edited May 2020
    quote="Prime Lorca [10FH];c-209909"]

I'm paying them.
    I'm skipping the part where you ask now to get some positivity going because you clearly don't plan to do any such thing

Great. Your original suggestion was ridiculous. You act as if people don't have legit reasons to be unhappy with the game. Ludicrous.

Are you offended?
    Your chosen path

Wow.. We are so powerful!! Take the whole game down eh? I think you are being a bit alarmist aren't you? We are just looking for some changes. Thats all.
    Good luck with all that.

Thanx Pal!
    So your fleet does not like galaxy events and your fleet does not like faction events? Do they like skirmish or hybrids? Is it perhaps something more simple, just event fatigue?

You guys want to pick a fight with me.. haha. I said "I" not "We". I detest Galaxy. Just my own issue.

It doesn't look like Apollo is picking a fight to me. It looks like your negativity has cascaded into your interpretation of others' posts. But maybe Apollo should elaborate to be sure.

I didn't want to pick a fight, either. You and your fleet have every right to be mad at whatever you wish. I just ask that you take a step back and keep expectations realistic. And as a fleet admiral, I can tell you that my fleet reacts positively to positivity. If the events aren't inspiring, then we talk about voyages, gauntlet, Star Trek, or cake. We may mention the chronitons or boosts that we save when events don't tickle our fancy. That's one silver lining that you could bring up. But we don't talk others into a boycott or tell them that going for crew that they want isn't "solidarity."

You mentioned that your fleet doesn't like faction or galaxy. That leaves skirmish and (the probably defunct) expedition. WRG is working on improvements to speed up skirmishes. There was an obvious hiccup there, but it's equally obvious that they are trying to improve the game. And it's an aspect that you didn't say your fleet dislikes, so I presume they like skirmishes. Maybe your fleet would enjoy a friendly competition to see who can stockpile the most chronitons before the next skirmish. It's a shame you're boycotting this event. Anyone who doesn't have Killy (or equivalent) might benefit from Keiko's ship ability. That may be useful to a few of your newer captains. There might be less competition this time around, so it could be a golden opportunity for middling captains. But if you don't have anyone with holes in their roster, then your fleet should definitely sit this one out. Our newer captains will appreciate less competition.

I won't wish you luck on your boycott because that's not productive. But I will wish you luck in getting your fleet excited about the game. It's supposed to be fun and I hope they can find joy in it or at least in each other's company.

(Sorry for rambling about positivity after I said that I wouldn't. Hopefully someone out there benefits from it.)

🖖[/quote]
    :: spies on 10F ::
    😈
    quote="Prime Lorca [10FH];c-209909"]

I'm paying them.

Are you offended?
    Your chosen path

Good luck with all that.

Thanx Pal!

It doesn't look like Apollo is picking a fight to me. It looks like your negativity has cascaded into your interpretation of others' posts. But maybe Apollo should elaborate to be sure.

I didn't want to pick a fight, either. You and your fleet have every right to be mad at whatever you wish. I just ask that you take a step back and keep expectations realistic. And as a fleet admiral, I can tell you that my fleet reacts positively to positivity. If the events aren't inspiring, then we talk about voyages, gauntlet, Star Trek, or cake. We may mention the chronitons or boosts that we save when events don't tickle our fancy. That's one silver lining that you could bring up. But we don't talk others into a boycott or tell them that going for crew that they want isn't "solidarity."

You mentioned that your fleet doesn't like faction or galaxy. That leaves skirmish and (the probably defunct) expedition. WRG is working on improvements to speed up skirmishes. There was an obvious hiccup there, but it's equally obvious that they are trying to improve the game. And it's an aspect that you didn't say your fleet dislikes, so I presume they like skirmishes. Maybe your fleet would enjoy a friendly competition to see who can stockpile the most chronitons before the next skirmish. It's a shame you're boycotting this event. Anyone who doesn't have Killy (or equivalent) might benefit from Keiko's ship ability. That may be useful to a few of your newer captains. There might be less competition this time around, so it could be a golden opportunity for middling captains. But if you don't have anyone with holes in their roster, then your fleet should definitely sit this one out. Our newer captains will appreciate less competition.

I won't wish you luck on your boycott because that's not productive. But I will wish you luck in getting your fleet excited about the game. It's supposed to be fun and I hope they can find joy in it or at least in each other's company.

(Sorry for rambling about positivity after I said that I wouldn't. Hopefully someone out there benefits from it.)

🖖

:: spies on 10F ::
    😈
    [/quote]

:D Haha! Yeah, you've been there. Am I misrepresenting 10F at all?
    Farewell 🖖
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo!

Pilot!

Sulu of the Body, Taresian Kim, Riker Q, Cristobal Rios (even at 3/4), Captain Sulu, Celebratory Ash Tyler are better options for Dip AND Com Seats unless you are particular on skill ordering.

Thanks.

I actually have a very full roster. My excitement at thawing Angel One Riker was my little joke. Guess it's not that funny when one has to explain it. :)

Apologies perhaps it’s the dissemination of feelings from other posts here.
    I just don’t want to mislead other readers into thinking a card is a great option when it might not be for them.

For clarities sake my top pick purples for this event are:
    RAF Bashir
    Test Pilot Archer
    Demons Sulu
    Riker Q
    Lt Ash Tyler
    Sulu of the Body
    Tholian Prisoner

How about you?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Woo!

Pilot!

Thanks.

I just don’t want to mislead other readers into thinking a card is a great option when it might not be for them.

RAF Bashir
    Test Pilot Archer
    Demons Sulu
    Riker Q
    Lt Ash Tyler
    Sulu of the Body
    Tholian Prisoner

How about you?

Princess Jadzia beat out Tholian Prisoner for my SCI pick. Rios stayed thawed. The rest look like my picks.
    Farewell 🖖
    Woo!

Pilot!

Thanks.

RAF Bashir
    Test Pilot Archer
    Demons Sulu
    Riker Q
    Lt Ash Tyler
    Sulu of the Body
    Tholian Prisoner

How about you?

Princess Jadzia beat out Tholian Prisoner for my SCI pick. Rios stayed thawed. The rest look like my picks.

Yeah I had to keep Rios out as well but that’s because he’s 3/4 but I think he’ll still be useful at 3/4 my rationale for leaving Jadzia out is test pilot archer is an effective replacement but she was my question mark category which means depending on the seats. I think I chose tholian above specifically for Eng and Sci combination seat which may be more prevelant owing to momma burnham’s skill set.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • The third Delta Flyer Crew and can be FF by Community Rewards!!!!!!

Also, Keiko on her wedding day? Are we close to having enough for a Wedding Collection?

Quark
    Jadzia
    Keiko
    Grilka

Anyone else?

T'Pol :smile:
  • Woo!

Pilot!

Thanks.

RAF Bashir
    Test Pilot Archer
    Demons Sulu
    Riker Q
    Lt Ash Tyler
    Sulu of the Body
    Tholian Prisoner

How about you?

I always thaw everything 4* and above. Plenty of credits and space so it allows me to see some lesser remembered cards. I think I thawed around 25 for this, which is a half galaxy. How embarrassing. :)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo!

Pilot!

Thanks.

RAF Bashir
    Test Pilot Archer
    Demons Sulu
    Riker Q
    Lt Ash Tyler
    Sulu of the Body
    Tholian Prisoner

How about you?

After running the numbers through my Faction Event Bonus Crew calculator, I came up with the following icicles that would be useful:

Phoenix Cochrane (5*)
    Demora Sulu
    Mirror Mayweather
    Pothead Ash Tyler
    Rios
    Arjin
    Sulu of the Body
    Riker Q
    Test Pilot Archer
    Princess Jadzia

Taresian Kim, the Tholian Prisoner, and a few others just missed the cut due to crew slot limitations. As someone pointed out earlier, DIP/MED is going to be a tough combo to fill with bonus crew (SEC/MED is also a tough one and SCI/MED isn’t far behind) but these plus the 5* crew I already had on active duty otherwise provide real nice coverage for the other skill combinations. If the shuttle slots go differently, I would trade Princess Jadzia, Rios, and maybe even Mirror Mayweather for one of the others I have on deck...we’ll see how it goes.
    Totally forgot about Mirror Mayweather good catch Dirk
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came across a missing Trait Crew, doing my 1.5 hour "SuperWave" of Shuttles.

HMS Pinafore Data is specifically piloting a Shuttle in the scene he is from. Should have the "Pilot" Trait.

Just an observation.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."