Home The Bridge

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Mayweather is the 1000th crew. :dizzy:

Is this a joke :dizzy:

Personally I say who cares. 1000th crew is no different to me then the 999th crew to me. I don't see why people care about these "milestones" so much.

We got a free copy of number 500, so i’m guessing and hoping we might get the same with 1000🖖

Oh I'm sure they don't want to be predictable. So no.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I only caught bits - two new currencies, new game mode focused on obtaining crew linked to one of those currencies (which can be earned in-game), new game mode ready to be previewed next month, Mirror Mayweather as the 1000th crew, aiming for new/updated collection each month.

Hopefully there will be an official summary like there was for a previous session.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only caught bits - two new currencies, new game mode focused on obtaining crew linked to one of those currencies (which can be earned in-game), new game mode ready to be previewed next month, Mirror Mayweather as the 1000th crew, aiming for new/updated collection each month.

Hopefully there will be an official summary like there was for a previous session.

A 2nd Mirror Mayweather?
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who listened live -- how was Adira art discussed?
  • The license for Adira's art specifically said that the towel art could not be released first. They goofed by releasing that first and had no option but to make the late switch.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right on, I hope you get warm fuzzies when you get to use her :) Fun fact; only one character in the game has 6+ events and a 100% Faction rate - Tasha is 7 for 7!

Up to date through this weekend's event?

Yes :)

@everyone There will be a summary posted by WRG on the forums. Tomorrow, I believe. Timestamps will be up for every question and topic tomorrow morning EU time.

Thank you to Ben for coming on to answer everyone's questions and for a quick turnaround appearance next month too. Disappointed to not enjoy an honor sale like everyone else, but hopefully the rest of their festivities are enjoyed by all :)
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe so yes, and there will be another session with Ben in about a month-ish (depending on schedule) where he will be showing off the new game mode.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The license for Adira's art specifically said that the towel art could not be released first. They goofed by releasing that first and had no option but to make the late switch.

That feels like such a bizarrely specific request from CBS' side. I doubt that the contract with TP is done one character at a time, so I guess I can see how that would be overlooked, but I honestly suspect it isn't that unusual for clauses like that so definitely quite the snafu.
  • Calhoun wrote: »

I believe so yes, and there will be another session with Ben in about a month-ish (depending on schedule) where he will be showing off the new game mode.

Not sure if this is new information or not, but what I found interesting was that near the end of his Q&A, WRG Ben added that this new "game-changing" Q1 feature is "something that players have been requesting since the start of the game"...

So that should narrow down our guesses somewhat! :smile:
  • Calhoun wrote: »

Not to be a downer, but if he’s showing this off in roughly a month then that means we’ll be waiting that long plus more for it to actually be released?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Was there any mention of a crew slot sale or crew slot give away?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Are we sure he meant Mirror Mayweather and not Mirror Culber?
    We have Mayweather and just used him in the mega, but Culver would be new and much desired. He's one of the few canon mirror characters with no card and likely the most major omission.
    The clause may be something like "a general version must come first and any variants must come after x amount of time from their on screen appearance".
    As for the rest, we'll see. I'll try anything once. >:)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    The license for Adira's art specifically said that the towel art could not be released first. They goofed by releasing that first and had no option but to make the late switch.

That feels like such a bizarrely specific request from CBS' side. I doubt that the contract with TP is done one character at a time, so I guess I can see how that would be overlooked, but I honestly suspect it isn't that unusual for clauses like that so definitely quite the snafu.

I suspect it's tied to worldwide episode release date.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have Mayweather and just used him in the mega, but Culver would be new and much desired. He's one of the few canon mirror characters with no card and likely the most major omission.

Definitely Mayweather. I may have misunderstood the mirror bit; will have to rewatch it when I get a chance.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely Mayweather. I may have misunderstood the mirror bit; will have to rewatch it when I get a chance.

I think it's the Maco Mayweather from the Mirror universe episode, before he puts on the red TOS security tunic.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    Very odd. I would have thought it was a slip of the tongue. There a few variants of him we could use yet (Martian Rescue, EV Suit, "Sweet Spot", et c.), but I'd think a Mirror Culber would be more timely and sought after. There aren't that many hard core Enterprise fans around here. I'd like to get to know any who are.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to be a downer, but if he’s showing this off in roughly a month then that means we’ll be waiting that long plus more for it to actually be released?

The preview is of the finished functionality, it's scheduled to be released a week later. So mid-late February for the actual release, depending on the final timing.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

I think it's the Maco Mayweather from the Mirror universe episode, before he puts on the red TOS security tunic.
    Ben specifically said Maco Mayweather, from episode 1 of the 2-parter.

• ChaosChild wrote: »

The preview is of the finished functionality, it's scheduled to be released a week later. So mid-late February for the actual release, depending on the final timing.

Thank you for clarifying!! 🖖🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Wait... there won't be an honor sale associated with Convergence Day? I'm baffled.

I was caught unprepared in August and didn't have a lot of honor saved at that time (unlike many other players). So I've focused since then to accumulate honor for either Dec or Jan so I could be a star in the next Super Thread of Behold Rewards. ;) I guess I've gotten used to not spending it, so I'll just sit on it longer. 960K and increasing.

(Just to be clear - I'm joking about being a star. But I was looking forward to posting a bunch of pics.)
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    Wait... there won't be an honor sale associated with Convergence Day? I'm baffled.

I was caught unprepared in August and didn't have a lot of honor saved at that time (unlike many other players). So I've focused since then to accumulate honor for either Dec or Jan so I could be a star in the next Super Thread of Behold Rewards. ;) I guess I've gotten used to not spending it, so I'll just sit on it longer. 960K and increasing.

(Just to be clear - I'm joking about being a star. But I was looking forward to posting a bunch of pics.)

Ben mentioned that there will most likely be an honorsale at a later time(Probably march)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks @NoblemanDK. Good to know. If I ever stop listening to the reports of today's events, I'll try to find time for the TT replay.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I appreciate the fan show having a TP rep on, but this only makes the lack of formal communication and sharing of an official development schedule that much more laughable. Whether DB, TP or whatever else, their commitment to good player relations - communications, transparency, accountability, quality control - has always been atrocious.

He literally addressed why they can't have an official development schedule on the show. And I'm sure when the new feature is previewed there will also be an official announcement of the new feature here/on their website.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Ben specifically said Maco Mayweather, from episode 1 of the 2-parter.

Ooh, that gives me hope of a MACO Reed, Major Hayes, Cpl. Cole, Chang, etc.
    Enterprise will be 20 in September. It should have some love.
    I'm hoping for a gold campaign track for Archer. He's the only lead character from a series I don't have an immortal gold for. Maybe a gold Geskanna Archer could be reoccurring during the June Mega that I think will coincide with the Olympics.
    On a side note, how did you guys fair with the Tuesday pack?
    I pulled five. I got a Desert Georgia, A straight drop of Odo and the final star for Arjin from a behold, another straight drop of Odo, a double straight drop of Odo and Zarabeth, and a complete dud with NONE of the crew and a pure honor behold.
    I wanted that purple. I was down to 18, I love Enterprise, and I had just rewatched "Desert Crossing" a couple days before.
    The dud v
    gl4meq41awwt.png
    The other choices were Lore or Liaison Torres, iirc.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very odd. I would have thought it was a slip of the tongue. There a few variants of him we could use yet (Martian Rescue, EV Suit, "Sweet Spot", et c.), but I'd think a Mirror Culber would be more timely and sought after. There aren't that many hard core Enterprise fans around here. I'd like to get to know any who are.

Along with TNG and DS9 ENT was my favorite ST while initially airing. I cannot watch TNG any more though, it is like with King of Queens, Home Improvement or Roseanne... I loved those back then but I find them stupid today.

Best SF series ever was Farscape to me btw. But there is no game for that.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for doing your show. You keep getting better. Good work.

Disappointed no honor sale coming January or February but excited to see the new things coming along. Now if we could just get Ben to juice Kevin Uxbridge’s stats a couple hundred points.
    Let’s fly!
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I appreciate the fan show having a TP rep on, but this only makes the lack of formal communication and sharing of an official development schedule that much more laughable. Whether DB, TP or whatever else, their commitment to good player relations - communications, transparency, accountability, quality control - has always been atrocious.

I agree totally. I used to be so optimistic about this game, calling DB "Uncle DB" and yet things have truly gone downhill since December imo

:'(