Home The Bridge

Only thing missing is a Portal Update

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log, Stardate 210429:

It's been 156 days since our last reinforcements. This is normal, but I'm hoping to hear from Starfleet soon all the same. In the meantime, maybe I can buy some information. And if information can be bought, then it can be found on Ferenginar. I'm going to head that way. Maybe I can work to unite the competing Ferengi factions. And if the Kazon are still allowing themselves to be mercenaries for both sides, maybe I can find a better, more appropriate place for them. This might be too much to take on, but I think it's worth investigation while I'm in the area.
    Farewell 🖖
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Do we get tomorrow a Update? I hope so
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 30 premium portal pulls and 16 legendary citations waiting for a portal update. One would be very welcomed
  • I tried to go use my quantum and ISM this weekend, but almost none of the crew I want to add a star to are available for retrieval, and for the (very few) who are, I don't have the right polestars to guarantee them (as I'm perpetually struggling for free crew slots, I don't want another 1/4 or 1/5 crew). So, yes an update is much needed.
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Another week without Portal Update :'(
    Uluru wrote: »

We're at day 169. Another two weeks wouldn't be unexpected. Hopefully within the next month at most.
    Farewell 🖖
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »

We're at day 169. Another two weeks wouldn't be unexpected. Hopefully within the next month at most.

That would be great. I think there are only about 20 purples in the portal that I need stars on. Caveman Riker was my last holdout to have them all at 1* minimum.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Captain's Log, Stardate 20210526:

I arrived at Ferenginar in time for a dabo celebration. A fleetmate had tremendous success at the wheel today. I've yet to try more than a single spin. My attentions were elsewhere. I found a Ferengi who was able to add to my crew quarters. The price was a little steep, but still less than I might pay elsewhere. My trip has been pretty productive.

I'm still awaiting those reinforcements though. It's been 183 days. We're in that normal window. When I leave Ferenginar, I'll be looking for crew who eluded me previously. Maybe around that time or shortly after, I'll hear from Starfleet about those reinforcements.
    Farewell 🖖
    Disclaimer - Spreadsheets and I don't get along. Also credit to Ahsog for collecting this data in the first place

This should plot the trend line of number of days between portal update.

Chart 1 - That dip is an aberration as DB made numerous mistakes in the 12/2018 portal update, that resulted in them pushing a hotfix a few weeks later, in January. I don't count this as a portal update but wanted to accurately show that there WAS one done.

ixty7xvdjace.png

Chart 2 - If they were to do a portal update today, you can see, obviously there has been a huge spike in time between updates. this will only increase

Disclaimer #2 - Small updates such as adding EV Suit Tuvok and El Adrel Picard to the time portal do not count as a full "portal update"

jmr33fdclfko.png

As any level headed person should realize, there are extenuating circumstances at play here, such as the pandemic and shifting priorities coming down from TP, down to the WRG studio. But here's to hoping they do one soon. I can't imagine it's hard to push character ID's into their database entry/json file for time portal characters, but I also said a fleet leaderboard should have taken 4 hours to program + some UI work, and that never happened. It took the community about that long to program one.

Just realized how wrong I was. Seems like WRG is working toward a new normal. The old normal was closer to 4 months. They've been doing 6+ lately. That's a little disheartening.
    Farewell 🖖
  • We also need the ships added to the portal , there are 12 ships not in the portal so I'm guessing it has been over a year since they have been updated .
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Dabo schematics are geared to getting a new Captain a 5* ship. Not designed for experienced players.

To a lesser extent, I could make the same argument about the ships selected for Arena rewards. That’s one of the main reasons I don’t compete there anymore. It’s just another 1 of the 11 daily missions for me now. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Dabo schematics are geared to getting a new Captain a 5* ship. Not designed for experienced players.

To a lesser extent, I could make the same argument about the ships selected for Arena rewards. That’s one of the main reasons I don’t compete there anymore. It’s just another 1 of the 11 daily missions for me now. YMMV

Same here. I still use it to knock out 10/20 ship battles each day, but I have the wrong 4* crew for Captain (I froze the default favorites long ago before I realized they had value, and I stubbornly refuse to unfreeze them just for arena use), Commander is just pure RNG, and Admiral is fine but offers no value to me at this point. I occasionally string together enough Admiral victories to get into the top 10 (or even 1st), but it’s nothing I strive for anymore.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Portal Update! Pleaaaaaase :)
    10n8ur0c3hjp.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one business decision that has never made sense to me. WHY do we have to wait 6+ months for crew to be added to the Portal? I don't see what's gained by keeping the cards out of rotation for so long after they're initially released. Once the event packs go off sale, put the crew in the pool.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one business decision that has never made sense to me. WHY do we have to wait 6+ months for crew to be added to the Portal? I don't see what's gained by keeping the cards out of rotation for so long after they're initially released. Once the event packs go off sale, put the crew in the pool.

If you knew crew were going to be in the normal pack as soon as the special pack disappeared you might not buy the pack because you can get the card right afterwards. If you know you will have to wait 6+ months before a crew will appear in packs you will be more likely to continue chasing in a normal pack.

Especially now that Crew Retrieval is tied to a pack availability. Why would someone chase a new 5* in an event or Tue pack if 19 days later they can be retrieved via crew retrieval?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If you knew crew were going to be in the normal pack as soon as the special pack disappeared you might not buy the pack because you can get the card right afterwards. If you know you will have to wait 6+ months before a crew will appear in packs you will be more likely to continue chasing in a normal pack.

Especially now that Crew Retrieval is tied to a pack availability. Why would someone chase a new 5* in an event or Tue pack if 19 days later they can be retrieved via crew retrieval?

The chances of getting the event crew out of normal pack are drastically lower than from the event pack. I wouldn't think people who really wanted the new crew would go that route.

I had forgotten about crew retrieval, though. Mainly because I stopped using it due to the expense and the fact that I only ever get Human/Federation/Starfleet polestars. :smiley:
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say we were to get a portal update next Tuesday, how far back would the newly added crew pool go? How is it defined how far back they go?
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the crew breakdown.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

I had forgotten about crew retrieval, though. Mainly because I stopped using it due to the expense and the fact that I only ever get Human/Federation/Starfleet polestars. :smiley:

Wow, strange.
    This is one of my main income of legendaries.
    Got 118 polestars
    61 different ones

15 human
    7 federation
    3 starfleet

only 21% of my total
    I can choose between 277 different legendaries
    I have 14m in credits
    Are we playing the same game? :smiley:

• calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Wow, strange.
    Got 118 polestars
    61 different ones

15 human
    7 federation
    3 starfleet

only 21% of my total
    I have 14m in credits

The retrieval is a bit of a pain because it is kinda time consuming, but it is a good source of golds. And I have not had a big problem with dupe pols. I just don’t open all my cons. I currently have approx 40 unopened cons in my inventory. I only open the cons that have a decent chance of giving me a pol I dont have already. And by not opening less useful cons, I have more ism to spend on scans.

And just because I don’t open a con right away doesn’t mean I can’t open it later as my pol inventory shifts.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Wow, strange.
    Got 118 polestars
    61 different ones

15 human
    7 federation
    3 starfleet

only 21% of my total
    I have 14m in credits

The retrieval is a bit of a pain because it is kinda time consuming, but it is a good source of golds. And I have not had a big problem with dupe pols. I just don’t open all my cons. I currently have approx 40 unopened cons in my inventory. I only open the cons that have a decent chance of giving me a pol I dont have already. And by not opening less useful cons, I have more ism to spend on scans.

And just because I don’t open a con right away doesn’t mean I can’t open it later as my pol inventory shifts.

I earn enough ISM from my fleet and event rewards that I can open every constellation I get. I currently have 59 polestars. I've been able to get a 5* I wanted(either a new card or adding a star to an existing card I want to fuse) every 19 days and I have multiple good options lined up for my next couple pulls.
  • I must use the replicator too much. I don't think I have had more than 5 Million in credits since they gave us the gift to test out the system.