Home The Bridge

Only thing missing is a Portal Update

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to stall for a couple days, if you've got a 1* or 2* Polestar, I believe the quantum cost is much lower. Reset the clock by a few days.

If you're going to retrieve a 1/2* to then airlock, you might as well let your quantum sit at max. You will still have max at that later date and you avoid wasting credits on that initial crew retrieval.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I have 34 legendary citations and 129 premium pulls. I need this portal update yesterday.

Are all of your 5* crew FF right now? That seems like a lot of wasted usage to have 34 5* cites sitting around.
    Forget opening portal packs, I’d like a portal update before my next retrieval! :wink:
    I would be happy if the Celestial Market goes live before my next retrieval (No chance, quantum is 847/100)

If you want to stall for a couple days, if you've got a 1* or 2* Polestar, I believe the quantum cost is much lower. Reset the clock by a few days.

I've got about 40 Legendary citations. I sit on them until I pull a crew worth it. Just burned some on mycelial culber.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    update the dang portal already. please lol
  • I think it is getting updated Monday July 19th
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 34 legendary citations and 129 premium pulls. I need this portal update yesterday.

Are all of your 5* crew FF right now? That seems like a lot of wasted usage to have 34 5* cites sitting around.

Oh, I really could use them, but I got them all from the recent honor sales, and I wanna see the update before (specially with the 100+ portal pulls)
  • I think it is getting updated Monday July 19th

I hope so, i’m almost ready for another retrieval!!

ushxqnv18d2a.png

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    what indiciation is there that they were goin to have the update in july ? like was it announced somewhere?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    starfox wrote: »
    what indiciation is there that they were goin to have the update in july ? like was it announced somewhere?

It was mentioned on the June Timelines Talk by Ben that the update "would not happen this month" (ie: June). This was the TLT where he demoed the Celestial Market. The implication was the Portal Update would happen this month, July, but he did not outright say it would.

It seems clear they want to get CM out to the players ASAP but whether that means they'll do two things at once is unclear. At a minimum, CM is going live this week; whether that's Mon, Tues, or Wed probably depends on any glitches with the forced app update on the 19th (Monday). I've been assuming once CM gets off the ground, the Portal Update is the next thing they want to do.

Bottom line: not outright said it will happen in July but everyone has made a reasonable assumption from the tidbits that have been said.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

It was mentioned on the June Timelines Talk by Ben that the update "would not happen this month" (ie: June). This was the TLT where he demoed the Celestial Market. The implication was the Portal Update would happen this month, July, but he did not outright say it would.

It seems clear they want to get CM out to the players ASAP but whether that means they'll do two things at once is unclear. At a minimum, CM is going live this week; whether that's Mom, Tues, or Wed probably depends on any glitches with the forced app update on the 19th (Monday). I've been assuming once CM gets off the ground, the Portal Update is the next thing they want to do.

Bottom line: not outright said it will happen in July but everyone has made a reasonable assumption from the tidbits that have been said.

If I was a betting man I'd probably say August, and late. We're deep into July now with the CM still to launch, and we still have the Elusive Treasure -> Portal Update cycle to happen.
    Plus with updating the Crew Retrieval system too I imagine this takes a little bit more work to do.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems clear they want to get CM out to the players ASAP but whether that means they'll do two things at once is unclear. At a minimum, CM is going live this week; whether that's Mom, Tues, or Wed probably depends on any glitches with the forced app update on the 19th (Monday). I've been assuming once CM gets off the ground, the Portal Update is the next thing they want to do.

If I was a betting man I'd probably say August, and late. We're deep into July now with the CM still to launch, and we still have the Elusive Treasure -> Portal Update cycle to happen.
    Plus with updating the Crew Retrieval system too I imagine this takes a little bit more work to do.

Another excellent example that WRG priorities mostly don t match with the player base ones. 😐

Just delay the „great“ CM and get us the long overdue Portal Update, what many ppl are asking about for MONTHS! Been 9 months already since the last update.

Well, whatever. Nothing will ever change i guess. 😞
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    My need for polestars won't come until I have retrieved 2 or 3 crew post portal update. I have my polestars lined up for for crew I want that should be entering the portal.
    I am definitely in need of a portal update before the CM. I am also in no need of more ISM. I really hope the delay between these two releases is very minimal, or that they happen at the same time.
    Hey, what about a mini event with the rewards of credits and quantum?? That would be a very exciting way to earn a couple retrievals through gameplay and competition that would speed up the need for polestars, and would likely give the CM a good boost to start off. I know this was off topic, but it just occurred to me.
    Long story short, a port update would make the biggest impact on my game right now and would be the most exciting thing they could do.
    I consider myself one of the biggest supporters of crew retrieval, and the CM sure sounds... "nifty", but I can't say I am excited for it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Another excellent example that WRG priorities mostly don t match with the player base ones. 😐

Just delay the „great“ CM and get us the long overdue Portal Update, what many ppl are asking about for MONTHS! Been 9 months already since the last update.

Well, whatever. Nothing will ever change i guess. 😞

At this point launching the CM first is easier for the players. Players know what's available, they know what polestars they need for the crew they've been targeting. If CM launches now players know what they want to target. To change the pool just before you launch throws all of that into question and players need to re-evaluate what to target.

I have so many crew I need stars on that unless you're the biggest whale with almost all FF 5*, I find it hard to believe that there is no crew you want in the current CM without a portal update.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

See, I’m the opposite; I’m thinking next week, the 27th to be exact (at least, that’s what I’d do). First, any serious glitches (ie: would stop gameplay) with CM would show up pretty much immediately, so once it’s off the ground that should give them time to focus on the update. Second, doing the PU on the 27th creates a perfect 6-month crew break; it was during a repeat, just before a Mega, only the Tuesday Pack card is added. Same thing as next week too. And third, on your point about the Elusive Treasures cycle, remember that they did those packs the same week as the last update; so it’s less a cycle and more they happen around the same time.

But, as always, this is guess work. The Portal will be updated when it is updated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say, I don’t think I can wait another month for this update. I’m sitting on a ton of packs and I’m even holding onto cits, because of all those packs. And I’m just dragging through events right now. Something has to give.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

See, I’m the opposite; I’m thinking next week, the 27th to be exact (at least, that’s what I’d do). First, any serious glitches (ie: would stop gameplay) with CM would show up pretty much immediately, so once it’s off the ground that should give them time to focus on the update. Second, doing the PU on the 27th creates a perfect 6-month crew break; it was during a repeat, just before a Mega, only the Tuesday Pack card is added. Same thing as next week too. And third, on your point about the Elusive Treasures cycle, remember that they did those packs the same week as the last update; so it’s less a cycle and more they happen around the same time.

But, as always, this is guess work. The Portal will be updated when it is updated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say, I don’t think I can wait another month for this update. I’m sitting on a ton of packs and I’m even holding onto cits, because of all those packs. And I’m just dragging through events right now. Something has to give.

Like you, my patience is being tested. I have a stack of packs and most of my cits from the last honor sale. The Portal update can’t come soon enough.
    As Toto once said, Hold The Line, Love Isn't Always On Time...

...I think that applies when you open 100 packs of dupe SRs right? :p
  • well, my quantum will be all ready for a retrieval tomorrow…. perhaps just in time for a portal update? :innocent:

Captain Level 99

• oh well! gave in and did a retrieval….took one for the team. get ready for the portal update now everyone!! :lol:

Captain Level 99

oh well! gave in and did a retrieval….took one for the team. get ready for the portal update now everyone!! :lol:

Your sacrifice will not go unavenged.
  • edited July 2021
    oh well! gave in and did a retrieval….took one for the team. get ready for the portal update now everyone!! :lol:

Your sacrifice will not go unavenged.

Thanks! Finally immo’d Borg Queen. Although she’s missing a few traits IMHO she’s one of my favorite characters in the game! As I got her from her mega just after I started playing I only got 2 copies instead of 4. Now she can finally have her true potential :wink::smiley:

Captain Level 99

• Second that!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting on 149 packs with no desire to buy more.

jr0kftirehli.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

jr0kftirehli.jpg

I am sitting on more than double that. No more spending until there is an update.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

jr0kftirehli.jpg

I am sitting on more than double that. No more spending until there is an update.

117 here.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same (and I opened some from time to time our of boredom), wallet is closed until a portal update 5gk1ikacnoye.png
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I and my 137 packs are most appreciative. Also did good on the Tuesday pack today. Bought 4- 1 star on Data, 1 on Chakotay, and 2 of Tilly, plus schematics for three ships I'm still working on.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am intrigued by the in-game teaser announcement… and hopeful that some additional free crew slots will be part of the celebration!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Nice 5* citation discount as well, so i can use the honor i get from
    openeing 200+ 10x packs, for discounted 5* citations.👍🏻
    Ran a little low on these lately, only 103 left. 😃
    •SSR Delta Flyers•