Home The Bridge

Only thing missing is a Portal Update

Comments

• SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Edit: I broke down and did one...

Chef Riker's Log: Stardate-- some numbers followed by a period, and one more number... (Man, I need to learn the stardate system after all these years ;) ). I was making some eggs for Troi this morning and it got me thinking back to my service days...

[Years Ago]---This morning, I was scrambling some Owan eggs because ever since that breakfast last year, Worf apparently cannot live without them. He keeps telling me, "Commander, a true warrior needs sustenance to fend off threats to Captain Picard's life, and to safeguard the Federation!" So, every so often I make the eggs as a gesture of good will, and Guinan keeps the prune juice stocked.

Later that morning, the Captain, La Forge, and I were in a briefing discussing the need for a computer core update. It has been a long while since we last saw the Binars aboard the Enterprise. Of course, the last time they were here, those little scamps stole the ship. While shocking, I can't say it was a disappointing experience; Minuet still warps through my dreams to this day. Directly after the incident (and before the Binars left to face consequences), they were able to install a private Holoroom in my quarters complete with the reconstructed Minuet program...

It took what seemed like forever to get that computer core updated. If memory serves me correctly, it happened just before Christmas that year when Andorian Cyclospora was sweeping through the crew. Before or since, I've never had to issue so many reprimands for discourteous behavior related to bathroom facility usage. It was a very fluid time in Enterprise history...

Chef Riker signing off this run down memory lane...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand maybe the need for a little artificial scarcity, but 8-12 months is way too much. Just add them to the pool when the packs stop going on sale.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hopeful that they won't just lazily update the Premium Packs and that instead they are going to create Legacy Packs with a lot of the older stuff in it and remove that stuff from the Premium Packs. Premium Packs really shouldn't have anything in them more than a year old. Maybe that's the plan. Convert the existing Premium Packs to Legacy packs at a lower price point and introduce a new Premium Pack that will change once a year.
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is a new chance for a portal update. I hope so.
  • Uluru wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a new chance for a portal update. I hope so.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not hopeful for a much-suggested split of the portal into 2 (or more) tiers of calendar-driven, “decrepit”-style pools. They have been offering prior event packs at discounted prices (390 and 490 dil) for a while now. I’d imagine that headquarters views this as a reasonable solution to the problem with minimal recoding needed.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow feels slightly promising some how. Last Tuesday before mega and Xmas? Fingers crossed!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been so long since the last Elusive Treasures packs that I kind of expect another of those first. Then maybe they'll add a record number of crew to the portal. Or... neither of those things, as the skeleton meme suggests.
    Farewell 🖖
    It's been so long since the last Elusive Treasures packs that I kind of expect another of those first. Then maybe they'll add a record number of crew to the portal. Or... neither of those things, as the skeleton meme suggests.

Sigh... you’re probably right on ET packs being first. I’m just trying to be optimistic.

Sigh... you’re probably right on ET packs being first. I’m just trying to be optimistic.

I started to ask if anyone has numbers on how many legendaries are normally in ET packs. Then maybe we could figure out if we're due. Then I realized we're in uncharted territory, so it likely doesn't matter. But if anyone has numbers and wants to hazard a guess, then please do.

And if anyone knows how recent of cards we could expect and what event might be the cut-off, that would be cool too. Then every week I can go back and add the next crew and start a running list of who might get added.

It's all academic, of course. It would purely be to pass the time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe back in March they ran the ET pack during the week after announcing the portal update. Maybe we'll get both at the same time again.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    ibpone2y2a3x.jpeg

So has the portal been updated already? I only read so in this announcement and nowhere else.

tenor.gif
    ibpone2y2a3x.jpeg

So has the portal been updated already? I only read so in this announcement and nowhere else.

I suspect they mean the time portal that you tap where you can buy packs and crew. Surely the real Portal Update™ will have a super big, flowery announcement.
    Farewell 🖖
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I opened some premium packs. I didn't got new crew or new ships.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the Elusive Treasures list look a bit short?
    I know someone already uploaded a screenshot, but here is another. I got excited for a millisecond.

wm0bqmdcecep.jpeg
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    ibpone2y2a3x.jpeg

I suspect they mean the time portal that you tap where you can buy packs and crew. Surely the real Portal Update™ will have a super big, flowery announcement.

Damn, you might be right. Really bad wording in the message though if you are. :(
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, those messages always use to say that the LTO crew "will be useful in the next event", even if it will not. What was I thinking?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    From the announcement: "You have until Wednesday, December 2, around noon ET (17:00 UTC) to score some limited-time crew not yet available in our regular premium packs." I guess its a safe bet we won't get a "real" update until after that. I do love the "around noon" - maybe Santa can bring the staff a watch or two for Christmas... :D<3
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!
    That push notification was an error unfortunately.
  • I have to say good thinking on TP’s part giving us a faction temporary achievement when we have a faction event this weekend :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • As someone suggested, maybe before christmas, today we're 24/11.
    Let's asume they programmed it wrong and meant 24/12.
    But when u asume you make an ...
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Hurray!! :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

tenor.gif
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I can confirm the following additions so far:

- Nhan (5*)
    - Kamala

- Dejaren (4*)
    - Dress Uniform Bashir
    - Dress Uniform Beverly Crusher
    - Arjin