Home The Bridge

Only thing missing is a Portal Update

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
The mega event announcement indicates that we will be getting some things we've been asking for: mostly the slot sale and new collection. The most noticeable omission (to me) is a portal update.

Yes, there's other things that we would like. But that portal update is overdue, imo, so it would have been nice to see that in the announcement.

It doesn't help that I'm sitting on packs that I would like to open. ;)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am still missing a fourth star for Data Q and that event was forever ago.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started squatting on packs a week or three ago...the last update was a pleasant and early surprise, hopefully we get a similarly pleasant surprise before too long.
  • While it is overdue, at least is (theoretically) is in this order. Maybe mid-November once Spocktober is over but before whatever holiday plans they have.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Data Q is in the portal, last update covered much of the discovery mega.
  • Yes I am still missing a fourth star for Data Q and that event was forever ago.

I can confirm this. I got Data Q on a voyage last week.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decker said he got him in a thread too.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool hope one drops for me then. Got a lot of older super rares that are more than six months old.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lucky for me I got 3rd star on a voyage and 4th in a behold. Glad to see the back of him!
  • Yes I am still missing a fourth star for Data Q and that event was forever ago.

I can confirm this. I got Data Q on a voyage last week.

I also had one drop - today in fact.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here they come with a 50-premium pack deal. But I don't want to open 50 FF'd 4* crew.

I know you've said that you don't like sitting on packs, but... if you want the dilithium for slots, then this could be 50 chances at SR's and legendaries after the portal updates.
    Farewell 🖖
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Im really tempted by this one. 50 + 8k is sweet
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    And here they come with a 50-premium pack deal. But I don't want to open 50 FF'd 4* crew.

I know you've said that you don't like sitting on packs, but... if you want the dilithium for slots, then this could be 50 chances at SR's and legendaries after the portal updates.

My thoughts exactly. Long time forum goers may remember the 228 10-packs and 177 single packs I opened after the Summer 2019 portal update...not only did I have enough honor to take Dr. Pollard from 1/5* to immortalization, I maxed out three 5* ships and a 3* ship, I got 27 5* crew (plus enough parts to make an Evolved Janeway), and stars for four different 4* crew I hadn’t yet finished.

It was a pain to open all of them, the point where I needed to do it in two sittings, but the results were worth it.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    But that portal update is overdue, imo, so it would have been nice to see that in the announcement.

Given the fact that they had to push back a few features from Q3 2020 to what sounds like Q1 2021, I'm going to assume a portal update is delayed as well.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Came here to add my voice to the “please update Portal club”.
    Here’s hoping!
  • To be honest, I expected an update this month.

In the past, the portal was updated every six months or so. The last one, which was in March, was seven months after the previous one. Since we are now seven months on, I was hoping they would do the update before the Mega started.

Most likely, I’d guess, the next, most logical time would be after the Mega is over. So hoping for something in early November.
  • And here they come with a 50-premium pack deal. But I don't want to open 50 FF'd 4* crew.

My thoughts exactly. Long time forum goers may remember the 228 10-packs and 177 single packs I opened after the Summer 2019 portal update...not only did I have enough honor to take Dr. Pollard from 1/5* to immortalization, I maxed out three 5* ships and a 3* ship, I got 27 5* crew (plus enough parts to make an Evolved Janeway), and stars for four different 4* crew I hadn’t yet finished.

It was a pain to open all of them, the point where I needed to do it in two sittings, but the results were worth it.

I wish they would let you choose how many packs you wanted to open at a time and then the game would just open them all up for you. I usually let the one pull packs stack to 100 and I pull until I get a gold or run out, its a pain to go through so many.

Does anyone know if there is an updated thread of which cards aren't in the portal? I remember there was a thread long ago but it has since been deleted as the person that was running it didn't want to keep up with anymore.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you download the DNA checklist and use the Auto Import, there is a column that will update with who is in and who is not in.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone in SSR keeps a spreadsheet of the exact dates they did portal updates. currently, the average days in between is about 130 days

obviously, we've kind of blown past that. but keep in mind though, they are a business with processes and projects, so obviously, timing can shift based on priority changes, issues, pandemics ( :s ) , etc.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    someone in SSR keeps a spreadsheet of the exact dates they did portal updates. currently, the average days in between is about 130 days

obviously, we've kind of blown past that. but keep in mind though, they are a business with processes and projects, so obviously, timing can shift based on priority changes, issues, pandemics ( :s ) , etc.

I’d be far more interested in the maximum time in between updates...and, if we’re being honest, an entire plot of all of the durations between updates. Insatiable curiosity, and all that. :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I wish someone in my fleet did useful spreadsheets. :p
    Farewell 🖖
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    I used to be grumpy about the selection of Dabo ship schematics but realized there is a benefit to having a limited pool - a smaller schematics pool for Dabo means that new players will have an easier time at amassing enough schematics for those ships than if the portal had every 5* ship. The same honestly applies to voyages as well - I may find it annoying to have to avoid getting 600 more useless NX-01 schematics but someone who doesn’t have a 5* ship is probably pretty happy to see them come up so often.

Given that other Dabo entries adjust to the player, those ship schematics could as well, e.g. increase the pool from which it selects randomly once you have all the ships in the primary pool maxed out, or something like that.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d be far more interested in the maximum time in between updates...and, if we’re being honest, an entire plot of all of the durations between updates. Insatiable curiosity, and all that. :)

159 days is the longest they have gone, prior to now. (October 12, 2017 - March 20th, 2018)

It has currently been 205 days since our last update (March 17th, 2020)

If it's because they're making Decripit Legendaries™ a separate pool, then it's worth the wait. ;)

I really hope that this is the case. However then you get to the thorny question of do the existing premium packs turn into Decrepit Legendary Packs or more recent Legendary Packs?

What I can say is that I am reluctant to buy that $50 offer without knowing the answers to these questions. I want to buy it, it's a good deal in theory, but the premiums packs as they stand are likely just honor for me, or a fuse of a character that I never use already and 1 fuse won't make much of a difference to that.