Home The Bridge

Only thing missing is a Portal Update

Comments

• And the one card that I've been hording all my reward packs for ever since wasting $183 trying to get her a few months ago, Breen Rescue Kira...has not been added?

:s

So...am I really going have to wait another entire almost-year until whenever the next portal update happens for that one to be added, in the hopes of pulling her in one of those packs?

Really? Seriously? I got so angry with the game and with myself after losing $183 there, but knowing that a portal update was imminent was a consolation, that I was doing the right thing by hording my resources. I've been checking in here every single day waiting for this update, but now - nope! Back to hording it is.

So, please tell me; how many more months will it take for that card to appear in a portal update? 8? 9? An entire year? Or do I blow all my dil now in the remotest hope of grabbing her from Elusive Treasures, which is as good as just throwing it away? I can maybe understand not adding cards that are only a week or two old - but why not a two month one? What reason is there to hold those back?

Aargh. I know this is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I'm back to feeling so fed up with this game again. There's no point in playing if I have to be storing up rewards rather than using them, but that's what I'm looking at for the foreseeable! I know this is unforgivably whiny, but I'd been really looking forward to the chance to put my $183 mistake right...
    On a frustrating mission to get the Breen Rescue Kira card.

Mission began: September 29th 2020
    Mission completed: NOT YET COMPLETE
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is there a Portal Update or not? At 12:00 Eastern was a message saying there is not one. Then, five minutes ago got n in-game mail saying there is one.......

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Portal Update goes back to around May/June divide.

It does not include the Voyager June Mega, the Humanoid Figure Mega, or, of course, Spocktober.

:)
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I opened all my saved packs (wasnt many) and then noticed that Age of Sail Picard and USS Zheng He Riker were not in the portal update... now the sad realization that they will have to wait for the next portal update is setting in.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Now the questions is: do I open all the packs I've been hoarding. I think the answer is YEEEEESSS!!! :D

Yes and make a video while you are doing it then post it here so we can live vicariously through you.
    Let’s fly!
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Only 2 ships? Last time we got all new ships.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Shan.

That was goooood. I got lots of useful people out of my hoarded packs. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »
    Only 2 ships? Last time we got all new ships.

Yeah, they're kinda erratic with putting new ships in the portal. Last time they did it (which was two updates ago) it was at the end of a solid year of introducing a new 5* ship every month. So there was more a backlog and a lot of voyage traits that had no way to fill them. This time around, it's not as bad; the Tholian ship is the only unique trait and it's not a 5*. My guess is they decided to keep to the normal 6 month schedule for stuff from now on; hard for me to ar.
    Now the questions is: do I open all the packs I've been hoarding. I think the answer is YEEEEESSS!!! :D

Yes and make a video while you are doing it then post it here so we can live vicariously through you.

Hahaha! Unfortunately, I didn't do a video, but here are the begolds that I got:

9x1mrplrglh8.png
    Went with Scotty

raok53l5eg6b.png
    Went with Lenara

p3vbt6b5qrjh.png
    Went with Riker (and was not happy about it)

brun1hlzcm7x.png
    Went with Scotty again

qy2l9oq73yop.png
    Went with La Forge

I also got one stars for Dress Uniform Crusher, Tau, Trevis, and I a second star on a Mutated Paris (which will be the last star for my Evo-Janeway). I also finished off my Enterprise-A, and moved up the other members of the Five Ships (though none got close to being done); also moved up my La Sirena and Artifact a bunch of levels. I was kinda hoping for more but it is what it is. :)

I love these!! So much fun!

Your first one is a tough begold. You really can’t go wrong with any of them, but Brahms just isn’t in the same class as the other two. Either way you go between Cornwall and Scotty is a winning decision. Both are SOLID crew.

Your second one was basically between a crew slot and an early add to a solid crew. If you NEEDED the crew slot, I can’t argue your decision to close out Lenora. But adding to a potential useable crew is hard to pass up, imho. Assuming no serious roster crunch, I would have gon Uhura.

#3 is certainly a painful one. Riker was the clear choice, imho.

#4 is fun because the choice is so clear. Adding a star to a good crew over starting a bad crew. Duh...

The last one is probably the toughest one you provided. OUCH. Garak is good, but I think it is safe to eliminate him from this begold. Both La Forge and Troi are GREAT cards (I believe they are both T2, and I have actually argued in fleet that Troi should be a T1). Adding the star to La Forge cannot be frowned upon because it gets an elite card closer to immort. But you can always add stars to elite cards using cites. And duping La Forge is not a bad thing to do. I think you missed an opportunity to open the door on another elite card. I would have gone Troi in that situation, personally.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

I love these!! So much fun!

Your first one is a tough begold. You really can’t go wrong with any of them, but Brahms just isn’t in the same class as the other two. Either way you go between Cornwall and Scotty is a winning decision. Both are SOLID crew.

Your second one was basically between a crew slot and an early add to a solid crew. If you NEEDED the crew slot, I can’t argue your decision to close out Lenora. But adding to a potential useable crew is hard to pass up, imho. Assuming no serious roster crunch, I would have gon Uhura.

#3 is certainly a painful one. Riker was the clear choice, imho.

#4 is fun because the choice is so clear. Adding a star to a good crew over starting a bad crew. Duh...

The last one is probably the toughest one you provided. OUCH. Garak is good, but I think it is safe to eliminate him from this begold. Both La Forge and Troi are GREAT cards (I believe they are both T2, and I have actually argued in fleet that Troi should be a T1). Adding the star to La Forge cannot be frowned upon because it gets an elite card closer to immort. But you can always add stars to elite cards using cites. And duping La Forge is not a bad thing to do. I think you missed an opportunity to open the door on another elite card. I would have gone Troi in that situation, personally.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, much of what you say here was my thinking. With the first one, I've really wanted Tribble Herder Scotty, so I was really happy to get him. I've also wanted Cornwell because I liked the character on DISCO; kinda bummed to miss out on her, as this was my first chance at her. But, oh well!

I went with Lenara for two reasons: possibly opening up the crew slot (as you say) and I have no plans to work on that Uhura because I'm saturated with Sec cards (and a lot are good Sec cards; I have 2 High Roller Siskos and an AoS Worf, for example). Besides, I'd like to see if Lenara might be a good Sci shuttler; we'll see. But probably I just cleared up a slot, which I'm starting to need.

3 and 4: yes and yes! :)

Reason I went with La Forge is that I'm considering citing him up. I'm also at a point where very few one star legendaries are helpful for me; I just see them as long projects. So when I see crew I can star up, all the better. That Troi is good but I don't need Dip and even her Med isn't that useful for me. And while I have a star on that Garak, I just got him and haven't FE yet (back to my point about one stars not being useful; 2 stars not much better).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • And the one card that I've been hording all my reward packs for ever since wasting $183 trying to get her a few months ago, Breen Rescue Kira...has not been added?

:s

So...am I really going have to wait another entire almost-year until whenever the next portal update happens for that one to be added, in the hopes of pulling her in one of those packs?

Not sure how long you have been playing, but Legendaries released a couple of months before a Portal Update are almost NEVER included. That's just normal.

And at this point, the Portal is so diluted that if you were counting on Reward Packs to pick her up, you might be disappointed there as well.

I, too, blew some cash trying to get that Kira, and failed. It's the nature of the game. I hate the gambling aspect as well, but getting that frustrated over it doesn't help, sadly.

I tried the hoarding strategy before the last portal update, and was sadly disappointed in the result.

CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I tore through 112 packs that I had saved up. The legendary beholds were kind of bad. The SR's that I finished off were more exciting. Since I was way on the low end for begolds, I'll go ahead and post all 6 of them here. That's about half of what I always thought the odds would give me.

sfxxef36xgki.png
    I went with Stamets. Spock is good, but I wanted to add that third star.

dw5mm4fa1pd0.png
    I took Damar. I don't think he outranks many cards, but he outranks Tosk.

6orvshz6y2y5.png
    I picked Picard. He's decrepit, but has event potential. As in today. He has an event right this second.

m109f2k0msb0.png
    This was the toughest one. I grabbed the second star for AoS Worf. I anticipate him being more likely to get citations than O'Brien.

n0kuifrfrgu5.png
    Jake was the obvious choice here.

3na3o3pfr6zk.png
    Dax was the obvious choice here.
    Farewell 🖖
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only had nine saved up but I did get this good behold and took Number One.

957diyq2uno8.png

Sisko is an elite engineering voyager for me. I would have taken him there, personally. But ATNO is good to get. Especially first star...
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prime Lorca [10FH], can’t argue with any of your choices. Personally I would have taken Spock, but objectively adding a star was the better value. Someday I’m going to pick Tosk just so I can mentally hear him say Oh-Bry-In every time I look at him. :)

@(HGH)Apollo, I faced a similar choice about a month ago, and also took ATNO. Haven’t regretted it at all. See you in gauntlet!
    I only had nine saved up but I did get this good behold and took Number One.

957diyq2uno8.png

Sisko is an elite engineering voyager for me. I would have taken him there, personally. But ATNO is good to get. Especially first star...

Yep tough call but she is great in gauntlet and apparently that is something I do now that Red Angel came out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone think a portal update will be coming before May in lieu of the recent onslaught of snafus?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the exact schedule, but I did suggest a way to make the Updates more regular and consistent.

Might even be buried in this thread.

⛔🛑👨🕦
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is silly on my part, but I have the feeling that portal updates will be more regular now that Crew Retrieval is dependent on them. Think about it - how can WRG keep ensuring that players spend dilithium on Quantum if fewer people have anything they want to spend it on?

Now you can get any decrepit legendary you want! Who doesn't want to have their own copy of Shinzon? :smirk:

I would give mine away if I could.....
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to thank you all for all the entertainment your logs brought me. I must have missed this thread the first time around. Some of you have some real talent!
    Been three months till last portal update. Would like to hear from TP when approximately next portal update will be and future schedule.
    Let’s fly!
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guesses? May 18th
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been 149 days since the last portal update. Not that I'm counting, but... after last time, I decided to start tracking it. I'm hoping the next portal update is 30 days away, give or take a week. After the last drought... we may have to wait three more months.
    Farewell 🖖
  • It's been 149 days since the last portal update. Not that I'm counting, but... after last time, I decided to start tracking it. I'm hoping the next portal update is 30 days away, give or take a week. After the last drought... we may have to wait three more months.

Regardless, i’m sure everyone (or at least me) would enjoy some captain’s log entries! :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!