Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Convergence Day (flashback) - 12/31

Comments

• Options
    Human Q was both ranked reward and threshold reward, this was an oversight.
    Now Galen is 4* ranked reward and Human Q is threshold reward.

So will there be a change in community rewards too?
    Just seens a bit odd that a lot of people will finish up with 5/4 Klingon Quark and 3/4 Human Q. Although not as strange as 7 copies of human Q lol. Thought that had to be a mistake.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Q was both ranked reward and threshold reward, this was an oversight.
    Now Galen is 4* ranked reward and Human Q is threshold reward.

So will there be a change in community rewards too?
    Just seens a bit odd that a lot of people will finish up with 5/4 Klingon Quark and 3/4 Human Q. Although not as strange as 7 copies of human Q lol. Thought that had to be a mistake.

No change to the community rewards.
  • Options
    Yes. About two months too soon. I don't think this will be funny until February 23rd, 2021. :p
    If you lived in Spain, you don't even joke with February 23rd :p
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update regarding the ranked rewards, Human Q will be replaced with Galen.
    SCORE!!! Galen is one of those crew I just don't seem to get stars for. He's 1/4* at about level 90. I got a copy early on, like 18 months or more ago, and I don't think I've seen a copy since. Thanks, Guys!!!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I have Human Q at 1/4 so I'm happy he's in thresholds. He'll be a next tier in the Q collection.

I was expecting maybe more 10x premium pulls in such a long single-phase galaxy event.

[Edit]: I just realized these are event packs, not regular packs. Interesting.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    falceyaezeql.jpg
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »
    I forgot those were Event Packs in the Community Rewards.

The $9.99/$24.99/$49.99/$99.99 Offers in the Portal area are kinda good deals, as well!!!!!

If it was in my budget, I would go for 2⭐ for all three Legendaries for $99.99. I have Quark at 2⭐, don't have the other two.....

d28c54ns4dso.png

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖

Those deals are surprisingly good, if within your budget. I have COP Picard and Judge Q (and the three purples) immortalized, so I'm not going to bite, but some may find them worth it.

Stim Check, y'all!!!!!

ftdzyhijgr0y.gif
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I brought up the question regarding Human Q being ranked and threshold rewards, stay tuned.

That one tweek would help people that need both, for sure. As it is now, I'd end up with 2.75 Human Qs.....
    Update regarding the ranked rewards, Human Q will be replaced with Galen.

Awesome! Another good response from the company!

I think mine is FF, but it will definitely help some players more than seven copies of Human Q!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe fuse two Human Q to get Q2?
  • Options
    Shan:

Do the changes in rewards mean that Galen is bumped up to high bonus?

Thanks,
    Optimus Picard
  • Options
    I wouldn’t think so because he’s not in the event pack.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    So are we confident of hitting the ten billion points to get all the community rewards? That seems like quite a lot.

If we assume an active player base of 100,000 (based on the commander division of Arena), there'd need to be an average of 100,000 points each to get there.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    So are we confident of hitting the ten billion points to get all the community rewards? That seems like quite a lot.

If we assume an active player base of 100,000 (based on the commander division of Arena), there'd need to be an average of 100,000 points each to get there.

We'll make it. No doubt. I'll personally hit that 100K in the first day, but remember that the top scorers will all be in the millions in the first part.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Good question. I'm saying "yes", but I think it won't happen until Sunday. To be specific ('cause why not?), I'll say we'll hit it with 15hrs left in the event. CD Quark will take wagers on the exact time for anyone with latinum to spare.

The usual pace is to hit 1 billion at 11-12hrs into the event, implying we can do 8 billion easily enough. Consider that we hit 1 billion despite losing some of those early event hours to jobs/sleep (depending on your world location) and the extra 2 billion seems manageable over 4 days.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    With Event Packs being in the rewards, would we need to pull them before the event ends? Or will that be possible after the event ends throughout the rest of Monday? I don't really pay attention to the Event Packs because I never pull them, so now I'm unsure.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    So... 5/4 Quark and 3/4 Q? I thought this was a galaxy. Respectfully, without being able to FF the threshold the event is more trouble than it's worth. I don't at all appreciate this change to format and I don't even see the logic. Why an extra copy for the easiest to complete but short a copy for the other. This makes no sense.

The only reason for me to help push up the community rank isn't there. I can avoid the honor/cite debt by doing less and settling for walking away with just Klingon Quark. If Q was at least in the rank rewards there would be a reason to chase rank. Is this punishment for something?

Again, I regret to, but I'm going to sit this one out. I wish the community well, but the reason I participate in a Galaxy has been removed from the format. Good luck.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    So... 5/4 Quark and 3/4 Q? I thought this was a galaxy. Respectfully, without being able to FF the threshold the event is more trouble than it's worth. I don't at all appreciate this change to format and I don't even see the logic. Why an extra copy for the easiest to complete but short a copy for the other. This makes no sense.

Given that the community rewards are event packs, it'd be worth at least getting a few points in the event and seeing how you go with those - perhaps you'll pull a Human Q.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need 2 of Human Q to immortalize mine. He's waiting FE at 100.
    I keep a pace of 45k+ every 12 hours to guarantee I clear thresholds.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Is it just me or is there no way to redeem the Event Pack that was just handed out in Community Rewards? I don't see the "Free" caption on the button.
  • Options
    k9y6rpa8s0x8.png

We’ve unlocked the second community reward but it doesn’t seem to be available to claim.
  • Options
    hermdelica wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there no way to redeem the Event Pack that was just handed out in Community Rewards? I don't see the "Free" caption on the button.

Yeah. Like maybe it isn't the current pack but a previous version of the pack that isn't on our screen so we can't use it.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, not working for me either.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Nothing for me either in the event hub or time portal. Even restarted my game. Oh well i'm sure it will be sorted out eventually. Can't expect too much now with it being new year's eve. Everybody deserves a day off or two.
  • Options
    hermdelicahermdelica ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I'm fine with waiting for a fix. At least I know it's not just me.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not seeing a way to redeem the free pack either
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me they're all out of the office already. Don't be surprised if we don't get a solution until Monday, and maybe (hopefully) we can all try to stay calm in the meantime.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Something tells me they're all out of the office already. Don't be surprised if we don't get a solution until Monday, and maybe (hopefully) we can all try to stay calm in the meantime.

It depends on how difficult the problem is to fix. Past experience tells they have someone monitoring the game over weekends/holidays. If it’s a relatively simple fix, they get it done and then tell us. If it’s more complex, they tend to put out a “we are aware and working on it” message and then fix it. This is a rather central perk of the event, so I’d expect them to want to fix it ASAP.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. If anything it will be nice to open them all at once when they resolve the issue as opposed to 1 or 2 at a time.

I just want to say, having event packs in the rewards is really fun. I am oddly excited for it, even though I know it will likely just end up being honor all the same. If they revamp reward structures in the future, I would be open to event packs being sprinkled in as well.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reward issue aside... oh boy, Galaxies really are the worst. 14k VP without rare turn-in and I already have a burnout. How do you guys do this throughout the entire weekend? Really, everyone who ranks high in a Galaxy has my respect.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.