Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Solok on the second day, and skipped him because i figure eh, i can always cite up someone i have and should save my credits to buy someone who's new that i really really want...

...then my next few days have been mirror kirk, mirror detmer and now giant tent canopy kira, maybe that extra star would've been the best choice after all? :#
  • Options
    Another day, another pass. Already have em 5/5, not dupe worthy.
    33je2g4mr98k.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never bought credits with dilithium before so are there any limitations I should be aware about? I have 550 dil, 105000 credits per purchase and need to make 2 million for another spin.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I've never bought credits with dilithium before so are there any limitations I should be aware about? I have 550 dil, 105000 credits per purchase and need to make 2 million for another spin.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17381/server-release-notes-2021-01-12#latest

You will only be able to purchase a total amount of six times. The first two at 50 dil. and the next 4 at 100 dil.

I am not sure if purchasing cadet tickets and using boost can provide a better return of credits??

Looks like purchasing the credits direct will get you more than doing the cadet tickets. Looking at someone calculation you get 21,000 credits with boost active per 150 chronitons. You will get some more credits from the six cadet missions need to pick epic No Man Left Behind to get most credits, but that with the boost will only add a total 14,400 more credits. Not enough to be better than purchasing direct.
  • Options
    KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    Today was jazz odo, hopefully there is one more chance for an hour tomorrow. And i can get it before last 3 spins and creds run out. Feels like a day for a gamble
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17381/server-release-notes-2021-01-12#latest

You will only be able to purchase a total amount of six times. The first two at 50 dil. and the next 4 at 100 dil.

I am not sure if purchasing cadet tickets and using boost can provide a better return of credits??

Not sure either. I have 600 dil now. 24 cadet tokens would be good but I don't think its the same. I think I'll have to just settle for a 5.5million credit Buck Bokai and let EV Burnham go.

I could've pounded away at a couple of lesser collections but that would've involved spending precious honour on weak 2 skill crew.

Thx.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure either. I have 600 dil now. 24 cadet tokens would be good but I don't think its the same. I think I'll have to just settle for a 5.5million credit Buck Bokai and let EV Burnham go.

I could've pounded away at a couple of lesser collections but that would've involved spending precious honour on weak 2 skill crew.

Thx.

Ya too bad. Again purchasing the credit with dil. direct is better than the cadet missions today. Saturday's would have been the time to have done it.🙄

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    So far, the only Legendary that's popped up for me that was worthwhile was on the first day. Unfortunately I was about 3,500,000 credits shy of being able to run the table...which I figured out after doing the math wrong and spending it all. Fail on my part.

At least the others I've gotten are all either already immortalized or might as well be Tier 20, so I haven't lost out on anything.
  • Options
    Cleared the Table on Day 1 and got Fennim - I had then doubts afterwards but all the other Gold popping up the following days were not of my likeing (e.g. Control Leland and today Fisticuffs Sisko....)
    On the second day Purple Seamus was on offer but I passed as I was hoping for better options (which so far didn't came) and I am short on Credits - I am left with 3.5 million Credits so not sure if I will give it a try tomorrow evening before it closes or I just save the credits up for whatever might come up in the future.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroveeus wrote: »
    Cleared the Table on Day 1 and got Fennim - I had then doubts afterwards but all the other Gold popping up the following days were not of my likeing (e.g. Control Leland and today Fisticuffs Sisko....)
    On the second day Purple Seamus was on offer but I passed as I was hoping for better options (which so far didn't came) and I am short on Credits - I am left with 3.5 million Credits so not sure if I will give it a try tomorrow evening before it closes or I just save the credits up for whatever might come up in the future.

I would hold, but then I am Smaug 🐉 , so my advice is worth a piffle.

Have fun! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    To do just anything I went for a first star for crappy Scotty despite Guinan in the freezer. Well, perfectly lucky at least credit-wise.

w784soapw7z1.png
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I've followed this thread quietly, and on the eve of the final day, here is a short explanation of my experience.

On the second day of the sale my main account ran the wheel to get a second star on Bounty Hunter Mudd (level 1). I wasn't going to do it at first, but after about 22 hours of friends urging, I went ahead and did it. The same thing happened yesterday with Dark Empath Troi (level 1), friends convinced me pretty much all day to run the wheel to get her second star, and eventually I did. The rest of the time I had crew I had no interest in, so whatever. I did get Minuet once and I honestly had a split second where I considered dropping 10 million credits to get her JUST so I could shove her out the airlock. I still kind of wish I had, lol.

On my second account (maybe 6 months old) I started with 30 million credits, so I could run it three times. On the very first day I ran it as Fury Kes showed up right before a Skirmish event! Ever since then the 5* option has not been worth it, but I've had a different approach to this sale on that account, I've used it as a tool to stock up on 5* ship schematics. My alt's D'Kora Krayton ranked up this morning to 6/10, so my alt has definitely enjoyed this sale. Hitting those 5* ships to improve my voyages has been very good. It is pretty economical to run it a handful of times every day and stop to farm the schematics.

We'll see what pops up on the final day, but I've enjoyed it so far.

It was mostly fun except the price was way too high. A large segment of the player base couldn’t participate. A lower price would have made it much more accessible and fun. Or if TP had increased the credit drops in the skirmish. I was low on credits since I had bought a bunch of 90k credit packs to airlock crew for honor. Luckily I had a huge amount of extra chrons I could burn for credits, about 45,000, but how many players can do that? I learned my lesson, hoard everything.
    We are all Smaug, now. 🐉

< tees up @(HGH)Apollo ’s next meme >

jdbppma55369.jpeg

I knew you would stand and deliver.
    🦄
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Thx.

@Ivanstone Do you have 10.000/11.000 spare chrons and a supply kit? If yes, you could turn the chrons into about 1.500.000 credits while farming some useful components. And use the dilithium to puchase the other 500.000.

(But you said that you already spent 5.5 million, so if you stopped there, it would actually take more than the 2.000.000 you mentioned to clear the wheel.)
  • Options
    My last board:

a5eijhzjsh23.jpg

A shame to not see any cards that I really wanted during the sale. I'm in two minds about clearing this board just because it's the last one & airlocking Kira (I have 1 crew slot open, and with Adira Towel coming soon, I don't really have the space to keep her). Or hoard my credits??? Hmm...
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    @Steph loves Voyager no hoarding!!! :tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we get an answer on whether we'll have an hour tomorrow, Tuesday, to still do all-credit spins on the Dabo wheel?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Didn t you see this? Pops up everytime u restart the game. @Shy Khan
    So better hurry, once the wheel refreshes tomorrow.
    4wbo8rw0yrvf.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Thx.

@Ivanstone Do you have 10.000/11.000 spare chrons and a supply kit? If yes, you could turn the chrons into about 1.500.000 credits while farming some useful components. And use the dilithium to puchase the other 500.000.

(But you said that you already spent 5.5 million, so if you stopped there, it would actually take more than the 2.000.000 you mentioned to clear the wheel.)

I forgot about asking if he had a stockpile of Chrons .
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    4wbo8rw0yrvf.jpeg

No, I saw it, but I also remember earlier someone suggested we get a confirmation with Shan if that was actually the case or if it was going to sort of be a soft turnover based on whether you had signed in, signed out, etc... It's the "around" that always worries me.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    4wbo8rw0yrvf.jpeg

No, I saw it, but I also remember earlier someone suggested we get a confirmation with Shan if that was actually the case or if it was going to sort of be a soft turnover based on whether you had signed in, signed out, etc... It's the "around" that always worries me.

Well around probably doesn t mean 1h earlier. I wouldn t be worried at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last board:
    6ceeq43xjddj.jpg
    Didn't really care about the gold but wanted to run the wheel at least once while I could afford it. At least the 4*s were helpful.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx.

Hells no. I burned most of those during last week's faction event. I could've gotten more if I spent more time on the Skirmish but I couldn't justify more time than clearing thresholds.

I was down to Trevis and Burnham. The latter would've been better but I still need both.

I can probably still do it but I would need the Gauntlet to cough up my last Red Angel.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day, picked up a 4th* star for Lefler. Been junk ever since, 1 spin and out. Oh well, hoarding happens when you have nothing to spend on.... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Final dabo. Ugh.... But i appreciate the change in sale.
    Still think the prices are a little too high though.
    yq2bap96r4ab.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final dabo. Did as much as I could afford. Was hoping for a fifth star on Leland, but at least I managed a second star on Solok.

bf2ehsppzqto.jpg
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last day, and I have a new table for the last hour.

5* crew, high roller sisko, already immortalised.
    Riva and Tommy Gun as the 4*s. Giving this one a miss.

(Refresh in 23h 55m 54s)