Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral Nechayev for my final day. Normally I'd skip, but I CMD is a week spot for me in gauntlets, and I don't use credits for anything else.

Ultimately, I didn't have a good selection during this sale, but I still really enjoyed it.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The option to watch an ad for a free Dabo spin is now back on :)

Thank you! Confirmed working after a client restart. I'm sure Barclay is happy for the opportunity to have quarters assigned.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Ugh... well now I want the 2.5 million credits from my final spin back...

That was the risk. I still think it was worth it to get it and not be potentially stuck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    dg5xi8hjaaik.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »

Ugh... well now I want the 2.5 million credits from my final spin back...

That was the risk. I still think it was worth it to get it and not be potentially stuck.

I begrudgingly agree. However, this is a perfect example of why more complete communication would be appreciated and help avoid any negativity. This is a natural question that should have been anticipated, with clarity being included in the original announcement, in addition to pointing out that for the duration of the sale the dabo reset spin would not be available.
  • Options
    the sale is over,time for some personal feedback:

-overall it just have been "sad" for me-

love the general idea doing a dabo sale for credits (from time to time?^^ ),but i feel like it is only benefit "bigger/older" players who just dont know what to do with all the credits because they dont really need em anymore.
    i still have a ton 4*char to get fe (ofc i have to do it on a lot of 5*chars,too - odan riker still sitting on lvl1 with no pants on...)
    so i have almost no credits or chrons left at the end of the day.

announcement way to late for my situation. in general i like "surprise-sales" with ... for example two hours before the start announcement,but in this game i do not.

also for the first couple days i had only 4*chars wich are already ff fe and in the freezer...
    i saved up every single credit i could get and ended up with around 6million,but the last day i had all my hope in... even the 5*char was rubbish:(

the result: i did not spin a single time for the whole dabo sale and it is frustrating...

but i hope there will be more credit-dabo and ohter "special" sales in the future, but the mini events where annouced as a alternative for the normal events (in wich i also have to save up chrons for weeks just to be able to get to the top1500 one time......) but sadly never been seen for month now:(

so "mixed feelings overall" is the polite way to say it from my perspective:)

llap you beautiful crazy stt players;p
    (and you have to be crazy to play this game for sure!)

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well spoken.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved it. I didn't get each possibility, but so what? We had random options and could get what we wanted. I know that not everyone could spend every day, but we could do far more than normal. Because of how I play the game, I had an abundance of opportunity. A couple were good. Many were low-value. But I had the opportunity and took what I wanted. There are other offers that don't serve me as well because of how I choose to play. So what? I am better off than I was a week ago. So is everyone else. Some faired better, some less do, but we all had chances.
  • Options
    I was excited about a different kind of dabo sale. I liked the idea of credits instead of Dilithium. I wish they would have been a little cheaper but at least it was something different. Here are pros/cons for me:
    For the good - I am missing 19 immortalized purples. i picked us two that I needed (or additional copies of ones I needed to be able to immortalize).
    For the bad - I have 171 immortalized legendary characters. I had 6 of the 8 legendary characters offered already immortalized. I would have been much happier if I had a chance to get someone I did not have or at least one I needed another copy of one I needed to immortalize.
  • Options
    The Dabo sale would have been amazing if the skirmish had higher credit drops or if everything but chrons had been taken out of the skirmish rewards and replaced with credits. Give the players a way to earn the credits for the Dabo and it would have been amazing and fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    Third, the cost seemed extremely high. More than ten million credits were required to guarantee getting the gold crew, which was most people's main goal. This feels excessive to me.

It not only harms newer players

I'm totally with you in your last statement. This sale was made to fit like a glove for older players who had been hoarding, but it didn't offer new players the opportunity to enjoy it.

Was the sale targeted at veterans so they could get rid of their excessive credit piles? Was there more thought behind this choice, like a credit component/requirement in the new Crew Retrieval feature? That's my suspicion, but we'll see.

In any case, the credit cost of 10.45m was actually fairly cheap compared to what it would normally cost to get these rewards. The comparison is of course not so straightforward, but if we consider that the only real way of spending credits before had been the basic portal pulls, then we need to compare it with that.

10.45m credits worth of basic pulls would have gained us a ton of low rarity components (including some faction only items), but the real prize would have been the ~8k honor from airlocking crew.

What is 8k honor? In the honor hall, you can purchase 18% of a legendary behold, 16% of a legendary citation or 8% of any of three legendary crew. Even during the last honor sale, a legendary behold cost more (10k honor)!

In a game as rife with RNG as Timelines, the informed choice a player could make before spending their credits is valuable too, making the credits cost very reasonable for what we were able to get.
  • Options
    That is exactly where I am with Dabo. It's like you're reading my mind.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    One thing I've definitely noticed this week post-sale is I just dont care about Dabo anymore.

I used to rush every day as close to the same time as possible to do 2 spins, ad refresh, and 2 spins. (The need to be on such a schedule due to the ridiculous concept that the ad refresh wouldn't be tied to the daily reset of the board but instead to when you used it. Thats another long standing gripe.)

We all knew the Dabo odds were terrible. But suddenly when everyone who did the terrible thing of hoarding credits had the ability to actually clear the board, we saw comment after comment of just actually how terrible the odds are.

And suddenly, I feel no urge to go spin anymore.

Shouldn't the sale have hooked me in and encouraged me to be doing more spins post-sale than I had been doing pre-sale?

Now i know its rigged to such an extent, i dont even waste the 5k credits, its completely turned me off dabo now.
    I do like the mini event mission to win tokens thats a great idea.
    These kind of innovations is what the game is crying out for.
    The devs need to be more creative but please make sure the changes are for everyone to enjoy not just a select few, last mini event needed 20k+ chronos to complete and this need 70m+ credits to play everyday.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some thought, i think they should probably just leave dabo spins as costing federation credits. Everyone knows that you cant bring in 12.8 million credits a day, so eventually it would get to a point that people could run the wheel on something they want, but they couldnt run the wheel every single day.

As it is, it has to be a pretty fantastic opportunity for people to be tempted enough to use dilithium to clear the wheel, so who are tp/wrg kidding? Well, it seems like they are kidding themselves. Just make the “dabo sale” the new regular. And dont do “sales” anymore, but maybe once in a blue moon you could have better prizes than normal.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    As a newer player, I could spin up to 350k each day, but stopped at 100k. Got loads of gold schematics, but as I completed the 7 easiest legendary ships, it was all for replicator fodder, except I finally finished the Prakesh.

Got lucky on day 4, with Mirror Detmer 5th spin, who isn't great but strengthened my Arena set-up and is useful for the weekend's event at least. That's my 3rd legendary on Dabo in 9 months playing daily x2/3 but every one has been a dual skill only. Only ever had 1 Ultra Rare crew in that time though bizarrely.

I ran the board until I was broke (1 million spin) on final day as the top line was great, but ended up collecting all mid and bottom items, which has left me struggling to upgrade anyone this week- should have realised I'd already got my lucky roll and not chanced it!
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one day a week was a credit dabo that would be awesome. It would give people something to look forward to as well as give more people a chance to be first to immortalize crew.

Until the complaining starts that on the day it's credits, the crew that's available isn't what they want :D It'll be a conspiracy that the good crew only become available on dilithium days ;)

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just feel it'll create more complaints than happy customers.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    If one day a week was a credit dabo that would be awesome. It would give people something to look forward to as well as give more people a chance to be first to immortalize crew.

Until the complaining starts that on the day it's credits, the crew that's available isn't what they want :D It'll be a conspiracy that the good crew only become available on dilithium days ;)

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just feel it'll create more complaints than happy customers.

Allow people one ad refresh of the wheel.

I'm good with that :)
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Switching the wheel to credits only for one week but removing the ad warp to refresh the wheel was a deliberate move to get people amped up about not being able target select crew right before a new game feature goes into effect that will allegedly allow players to target select crew, change my mind.

I think they did it that way because it was much easier to disable the code for all ad functions on dabo than to disable ads for free spin and not refresh wheel.
    Let’s fly!