Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    Day 6, Control Leland. No way I’m wasting anything on that. Tomorrow is the last day right? I wanted to add stars to my existing gold roster, but I haven’t seen anything like that at all. Just a bunch of cards I don’t want to waste another crew slot on. It would need to be an amazing card for me to want to do that and they’ve all been duds.

Control Leland (not Covert Operative Leland) is actually a good voyager. I would probably spend the credits to get him.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I’ve had worth doing since this started.

lx7feis87d7s.jpeg
    The only one I’ve had worth doing since this started.

lx7feis87d7s.jpeg

Awesome dabo and luck, you still had four items left.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    Today was tilly, not the good one. So ill not chance my remaining cred hoping to get her before last 3 goes. Is tomorrow the last go or do we get one more one tues? Ive lost track.

As I understand it we will have one hour on Tuesday before the table goes back to dil.

I would let Shan verify that. It would seem to odd to change the currency after a Dabo "day" has commenced unless there are two Dabo tables on Tuesday of 1 hour and 23 hour durations. I see another thing to potentially rile to the base.
  • Options
    So far, all the Dabo Golds during the sale have been ones I have immortalized. And I really don't have that many FF'd. Saving my credits I guess...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was tilly, not the good one. So ill not chance my remaining cred hoping to get her before last 3 goes. Is tomorrow the last go or do we get one more one tues? Ive lost track.

As I understand it we will have one hour on Tuesday before the table goes back to dil.

I would let Shan verify that. It would seem to odd to change the currency after a Dabo "day" has commenced unless there are two Dabo tables on Tuesday of 1 hour and 23 hour durations. I see another thing to potentially rile to the base.

The timing is incredibly odd. But this was the official announcement:
    Until Tuesday January 26, around 1pm ET (18:00 UTC) all Dabo spins will cost Credits instead of Dilithium.

That is clearly an hour after dabo reset on Tuesday. Either it's true and we do have that extra hour after reset or it's another SNAFU and we'll get to see how WRG handles it. Enough people have already based their spending on that extra hour that it's too late to try and clarify and change the time without creating a mess of it.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

Until Tuesday January 26, around 1pm ET (18:00 UTC) all Dabo spins will cost Credits instead of Dilithium.

That is clearly an hour after dabo reset on Tuesday. Either it's true and we do have that extra hour after reset or it's another SNAFU and we'll get to see how WRG handles it. Enough people have already based their spending on that extra hour that it's too late to try and clarify and change the time without creating a mess of it.

"Around" 1PM. I am guessing they need time to "re-code" back to dilthium instead of credits. My bet is Dabo starts/resets later than normal with dilithium only. Wasn't the Dabo table reset delayed the first day of credits?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

"Around" 1PM. I am guessing they need time to "re-code" back to dilthium instead of credits. My bet is Dabo starts/resets later than normal with dilithium only. Wasn't the Dabo table reset delayed the first day of credits?

I suspect you might be correct about the Dabo reset and I believe it is the fairest to the player base as a whole. A window of opportunity of around an hour could disadvantage a significant portion of players who due to real life demands cannot log into the game during that specific period. Additionally, in many parts of the world that planned reset occurs very late at night or very early in the morning, not much good for those of us who need our beauty sleep 😴
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Changing the standard reset is probably even more difficult than letting it run. My guess is around 1pm is because they need time to convert back to DIL after reset. But after saying, "around 1pm" they can't now say, "actually we meant 12pm and will shut down dabo for an hour between 12 and 1."
  • Options
    My credits stayed in my pocket again. xuqv1yirxyyq.png
  • Options
    2objapo3apoz.png

It’s one of those days. How sinister can one Picard be?

I‘d freak out with such a low credit total. 😰
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've followed this thread quietly, and on the eve of the final day, here is a short explanation of my experience.

On the second day of the sale my main account ran the wheel to get a second star on Bounty Hunter Mudd (level 1). I wasn't going to do it at first, but after about 22 hours of friends urging, I went ahead and did it. The same thing happened yesterday with Dark Empath Troi (level 1), friends convinced me pretty much all day to run the wheel to get her second star, and eventually I did. The rest of the time I had crew I had no interest in, so whatever. I did get Minuet once and I honestly had a split second where I considered dropping 10 million credits to get her JUST so I could shove her out the airlock. I still kind of wish I had, lol.

On my second account (maybe 6 months old) I started with 30 million credits, so I could run it three times. On the very first day I ran it as Fury Kes showed up right before a Skirmish event! Ever since then the 5* option has not been worth it, but I've had a different approach to this sale on that account, I've used it as a tool to stock up on 5* ship schematics. My alt's D'Kora Krayton ranked up this morning to 6/10, so my alt has definitely enjoyed this sale. Hitting those 5* ships to improve my voyages has been very good. It is pretty economical to run it a handful of times every day and stop to farm the schematics.

We'll see what pops up on the final day, but I've enjoyed it so far.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

No, it reset punctually and changed currency with the same table after a bit more than an hour. I expect the same in the other direction on Tuesday.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Through 6 days I have only gone for 2 gold crew, adding a 4th star to one crew (last pull) and immortalizing another (3rd last pull). The other days I only took a few cheap pulls just to see what I could get, and snagged a few useful pieces of equipment. I'm down about 16 million credits from where I started out a week ago, with a day or two left.

Going for a top-1000 finish in the skirmish to add a 4th star to Delta Flyer Torres has helped recoup a bunch of credits, while also farming a ton of useful items.

EDIT: Day #7 was just five cheap spins, with yet another 5* featured who would simply take up space in my crew quarters as a 1/5. This dabo sale has been much less of a drain on my credits than I expected/hoped.
  • Options
    I’m a little disappointed I haven’t been able to run the table even once. But I went on a leveling binge last weekend and lowered my small stockpile— and saw I wasn’t accumulating enough this weekend to get close to 10 million, so I leveled more crew.

In actuality, leveling is a better use of my credits at this time. Hit tiers in both the Mirror and Klingon collections in the last two days, so I’ll take it.

Haven’t had any superstar Legendaries on Dabo the past week anyway.
  • Options
    On the last day I finally get a card worth spending the credits on. I had Defensive Phlox only at 1/5 and needed the purples too so I went for it. Of course Phlox was the very last spin. It felt weird just going wild on Dabo with reckless abandon. Hopefully tomorrow has something good for that one hour before it changes back to normal.

c9nslzq7q2bp.png
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 7 - last day? would like conformation
    Tribble Herder Scotty (new) - I mean, he's pretty good, as a 5/5 ... but no way I'm putting cites on him, so just an event piece for non-existent Scotty events ...

If this is the last one, I'll get him, just so I have someone to level ... if we have 1 hr tomorrow I'll wait for that one hr.

1. Mirror Kirk (new)
    2. Changeling Martok (new)
    3. High Roller Sisko (4/5)
    4. Captain Sisko (1/5)
    5. Minuet (immortal)
    6. Seven of Nine (1/5)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    TP is just trolling me!

mp77duegelj5.png

I got the final star for Talas in a Begold...on SATURDAY!

Not a total bust, as I didn’t get her here, saved a spin, got my first star on Cow Kisser Kim, and FF’ed Rigel Vina. Still. I WANT MY MOBILE DOC!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who hears "Lisa needs braces" every time he sees this thread title?
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polywater Yar AGAIN on my wheel... If you are going to have a sale of such dubious benefit for the player, at least make sure I won't get repeats, so at least there is some way I can put myself in the state of mind required to feel that this is a good deal for me.
  • Options
    Got Determined Paris today, didn’t buy his campaign but I thought since it’s the last? second last? day I would go for him. Added a star to both the purples too 🖖

znt39sp9r0gw.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claymore Scotty today. Debating on it yet.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Picard and Number One, already immortalized. Pass.
    Yesterday was Chancellor Martok, don't have but that was an easy pass.

I really wish they had kept the refresh option, because every single day of this sale has been a legendary that I either do not want or already have immortalized.

I fully expect tomorrow to be an awful card like Shinzon.
  • Options
    Nope...

hclhoejdzjyb.png