Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

1222324252628»

Comments

• Boothby Replicant was not a gardener. Just a replica of a gardener.
  • Boothby Replicant was not a gardener. Just a replica of a gardener.

He has the botanist trait though, for some reason.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Arnie wrote: »
    Got the rather rare "Gardener" trait today. Thought "Great, I can get Boothby replicant now!"

How is he not listed as a gardener?! At least Picard and Number One have the trait, so I can give them their final star.

Or retrieve Leucon. I hear ya about Boothby Replicant, he is surprisingly hard to retrieve. Neither Boothby has gardener.
    Let’s fly!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the rather rare "Gardener" trait today. Thought "Great, I can get Boothby replicant now!"

Boothby Replicant and Groundskeepr Boothby overlap considerably in traits, so unless you're willing to spend a legendary polestar he's hard to get. Or roll the dice.

I rolled the dice on Mobile Doctor today and lost, but a second star on Virtuoso isn't still pretty good. Here's hoping I can get Indignant Seven before I FF Virtuoso!
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'd love to see a poll to find out if players are using crew retrieval more to add unowned crew, as an alternative to citations for adding stars to owned crew, of a combination of the two.

My primary objective is to get wishlist crew I don't have. However, I have a fairly short wishlist, so most of the time I'm getting extra stars on existing crew.

Currently, there are five priority crew I have all of the polestars for, only one of whom will be new (Fury Kes). However, once trading is available I suspect things will slide hard the other way.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    jhmzean64pc7.png

meog14cfpjc6.png

I can retrieve him without a legendary polestar but it would cost a skill polestar which is also very valuable. Maybe I will get species 8472 polestar and pair it with human. That would be nice.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky and picked up a species 8472 polestar. It makes Boothby super easy to retrieve. I'm curious what the value of that polestar will be once the market goes lives.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I got lucky and picked up a species 8472 polestar. It makes Boothby super easy to retrieve. I'm curious what the value of that polestar will be once the market goes lives.

I was wondering that too- as it isn't a super high end crew, wonder if it won't be too much in demand, but then again, it's good to have a low polestar retrieval.

I have a lot of Sisko and Kira crew to upgrade, so even though I have one already, I'm wondering how easy Bajoran polestars will be to buy, as I use those regularly.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭

How is he not listed as a gardener?! At least Picard and Number One have the trait, so I can give them their final star.

Or retrieve Leucon. I hear ya about Boothby Replicant, he is surprisingly hard to retrieve. Neither Boothby has gardener.

Leucon isn't a gardener either!
    edited June 2021

Leucon isn't a gardener either!

Haha, you are right. I guess gardener is for people that garden as a hobby not a profession like Picard, Vedek Bareil, Siranna and for some reason the tree guy.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I was wondering that too- as it isn't a super high end crew, wonder if it won't be too much in demand, but then again, it's good to have a low polestar retrieval.

I have a lot of Sisko and Kira crew to upgrade, so even though I have one already, I'm wondering how easy Bajoran polestars will be to buy, as I use those regularly.

BB Tier 2 and Voy rank 10.

I wonder how many other decent crew can be retrieved with one rarer polestar and then 1-3 common polestars.

Breen Kira comes to mind after she's added. But I'm sure there must be others.