Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• I've collected 9 Human Polstars, the most useless of all Polstars. And I can't even use them in the replicator... There has to be a better way to get useful Polstars.
  • Arnie wrote: »
    If you're earning full fleet ISM, you should be getting 6/8 scans a day. Enough for a constellation to arrive every day and a half usually. Even if every other one is junk, you should still be finding enough to use in most cases.

That's how I ended with so many human polstars.
  • Another week, another high event finish, more common and uncommon polestar rewards. Keep making it easy to never spend another penny on this Trek slot machine.
  • This is so annoying. Last three constellations opened gave three times the starfleet polestar. Which add up to the other 6 i already had...l7qcs8pzelgl.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    @Shan - any info on what the timeline looks like for the Phase 2 and Phase 3 aspects of Crew Retrieval and what hints there might be?

I am hoping for a faster quantum charging rate.
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan - any info on what the timeline looks like for the Phase 2 and Phase 3 aspects of Crew Retrieval and what hints there might be?

I am hoping for a faster quantum charging rate.

Or just cut the 4* cost by at minimum half. I would go for 4* crew if they were not essentially the same price as 5*
  • dext74 wrote: »

Pretty sure that's already happened, Crew Retrieval was rolled out in steps.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Pretty sure that's already happened, Crew Retrieval was rolled out in steps.

My terminology may be wrong, but when it was announced they referred to updates coming to Crew Retrieval down the line sometime after launch - not just the phased implementation of the initial launch.

EDIT: Unless I misinterpreted... I went back to Starfleet Communications and couldn't find anything there that backed up my memory - does anyone else remember this as part of the announcement?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT: Unless I misinterpreted... I went back to Starfleet Communications and couldn't find anything there that backed up my memory - does anyone else remember this as part of the announcement?

Ben mentioned it during the CR demo on Timelines Talk. It’s worth keeping expectations in check with what he said; his wording sounded more like troubleshooting adjustments and less moderate-to-major changes to the whole system. Also, who knows how long they are planning on keeping CR as is; heck, by their metrics (which we don’t know), it could be wildly successful as is.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I just picked up a rarity constellation from a scan and managed to pull a legendary polestar. I was under the impression that rarity polestars were only in event ranked rewards. I must have been wrong.

The announcement said they were only in event rewards. I guess the announcement was wrong.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Only 533 Quantum before a tough decision has to be made....
    Leaning to Sinister Picard.

n568huych9d5.png
  • I don't think you will go wrong either way. Boothby seems to make nearly every voyage for me though.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Whoops, wrong thread :sweat_smile:

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

n568huych9d5.png

Go Picard, he gets events, Boothby Replicant doesn’t really unless your needs are other than Sec-Com.
    Let’s fly!

Go Picard, he gets events, Boothby Replicant doesn’t really unless your needs are other than Sec-Com.

That is why I am leaning toward Picard.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Quantum recharged, but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger just yet, with the ongoing honor sale...
    Kanon wrote: »
    My Quantum recharged, but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger just yet, with the ongoing honor sale...

If you aren't at the full 1000, then wait. Or better, pull a crew not in the portal.
    Also, the announcement of the new mega should be forthcoming. Wait for that.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    kom4nc7km959.png

When I got this constellation, my immediate reaction was: “You’ve got to be kidding me?! I’m going to get Trill, aren’t I?”

And I got Trill. Now have to figure out how to use it to get a star on Klingon Bride Dax.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    EnderW wrote: »
    kom4nc7km959.png

When I got this constellation, my immediate reaction was: “You’ve got to be kidding me?! I’m going to get Trill, aren’t I?”

And I got Trill. Now have to figure out how to use it to get a star on Klingon Bride Dax.

Trill, Klingon, Romantic in 3 pollstars.....
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    It is. If you can't hit them in the portal, you won't get them from the sale. That list of hard to isolate golds would be handy right now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    kom4nc7km959.png

Trill, Klingon, Romantic in 3 pollstars.....

Now I just have to get a Klingon polestar...
    IceCat wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »

If you aren't at the full 1000, then wait. Or better, pull a crew not in the portal.

I'm pretty sure it is impossible to pull crew that are not in the portal using this feature.

Oh, yeah. I'm an idiot. Sorry.