Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    Today's pull.

0byn0qi0dc1w.jpg

And yes, for the second time in a row, the Federation polestar ensured I got the crew I was after. Just to show you they aren't as useless as people claim.

qgo11zc6a5mk.jpg

Weirdly, he also pops up as the only Desperate with CMD/MED/SCI as well.

gqknb7uqc17a.jpg
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see that, but I wanted to save my skill polestars. Especially if Federation both:

• works
    • is as common as people say 🤪

I was sad to need desperate because another crew I really wanted needs it. Hopefully, I'll pick that one back up in the next couple weeks 🤞🏼😅
  • IceCat wrote: »
    And yes, for the second time in a row, the Federation polestar ensured I got the crew I was after. Just to show you they aren't as useless as people claim.
    Same - almost there!

omedpi4dtllu.png

I was hoping to get an Engineered polestar, but tossing in one of my Federation polestars isn't too bad.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    wlma7ov0lvto.png
    lvfnx9n81v2n.png

:smiley:

I was so happy the day I finally got her in a begold. She was someone who I stupidly tried to chase when she first came out, which actually convinced me to cut my spending significantly.
  • wlma7ov0lvto.png
    lvfnx9n81v2n.png

I was so happy the day I finally got her in a begold. She was someone who I stupidly tried to chase when she first came out, which actually convinced me to cut my spending significantly.

Just realized she’s my new #1 Security proficiency (ignoring the other skills) so happy to have her! been on my list for a while too :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    edited February 2021
    wlma7ov0lvto.png
    lvfnx9n81v2n.png

Just realized she’s my new #1 Security proficiency (ignoring the other skills) so happy to have her! been on my list for a while too :smile:

I find she's one of the more overlooked cards in the game because her Voyage score is so underwhelming. But she's got a relatively unique skillset, the whole 6 seconds, 400% damage thing and she's actually the #1 SEC proficiency in the game, if not by much.

cvmoui4n6pmr.jpg

• wlma7ov0lvto.png
    lvfnx9n81v2n.png

I find she's one of the more overlooked cards in the game because her Voyage score is so underwhelming. But she's got a relatively unique skillset, the whole 6 seconds, 400% damage thing and she's actually the #1 SEC proficiency in the game, if not by much.

cvmoui4n6pmr.jpg

Wow!

Captain Level 99

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see I have 6 of those: 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, & 10. I need to work on them though. Projects, projects, lists, and projects... :p
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Have to admit that I feel pretty lucky with the polestars I've gotten so far. Managed to get a botanist one earlier today and now considering whether to use it to target Leucon or Boothby Replicant, neither of which I have yet.

I have gotten few Starfleet and Human ones, probably not the ones that will get the most use but there are few cases where they can come in handy too.
  • Got the polestars that gave me 50/50 of Mobile Doc or Virtuoso.

Naturally Virtuoso dropped.

If only I could have put money on that outcome. 🙄
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    can anyone tell me how to get skill constellations? the ones ive found from scans have so far only been of crew.
  • You can get skill constellations if you finish in the top 250 of an event.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had one drop from regular scans, but it is rare.
  • What is the point of the rarity constellation dropping anything but a legendary. I pushed in yesterday's event only to get a 'rare' polestar - a complete waste of space.
  • IceCat wrote: »
    I know there are some who will consider this sacrilege, but I didn't pick Troi because I can retrieve her a lot easier than Sarah.

Doesn't mean I didn't feel dirty about it 😅

x25wg3ns8fum.jpg
    4w4gdpj8bp2m.jpg

Naturally, right after I make this post, I pull this Constellation 😄

b46qu57wmbvx.jpg
    5aseugdbf9q9.jpg

You actually made the correct choice imo. Stat wise Sarah is better than Troi.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are some who will consider this sacrilege, but I didn't pick Troi because I can retrieve her a lot easier than Sarah.

Doesn't mean I didn't feel dirty about it 😅

x25wg3ns8fum.jpg
    4w4gdpj8bp2m.jpg

Naturally, right after I make this post, I pull this Constellation 😄

b46qu57wmbvx.jpg
    5aseugdbf9q9.jpg

You actually made the correct choice imo. Stat wise Sarah is better than Troi.

Fair enough. That also played into my thinking. But, I have noticed some players all but drooling over the chance of acquiring the Dark Empath 🤤😂
  • Hey @Shan I was wondering if/when we will be able to look at crew stats from people’s bridge crew again? much appreciated :smile:

Captain Level 99

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Shan I was wondering if/when we will be able to look at crew stats from people’s bridge crew again? much appreciated :smile:

You might want to check this thread in Engineering Room for updates:
    Shan wrote: »
    The goal is to have this back but I do not have an eta.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • @~peregrine~ thanks!

Captain Level 99

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    I'd like to add to my feedback that the ism is already piling up and there's nothing really to do with it except collecting polestars into an equally growing unused pile. (Unless you're spending a lot of dilithium on crew retrieval.) Maybe the campaign and event rewards should be rebalanced. At least the single pulls provided a moment of excitement with the possibility of something good (and a little honor).

Use the extra ism to make extra pulls and increase the amount of constellations you pull. I have been doing that and getting more constellations.
    Let’s fly!
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing that too, but there are already many retrievals I could do, hence my comment on polestars also piling up unused.
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sitting on a growing amount of purple polestars, but invariably the constellations with multiples that include either human or federation yield human or federation polestars. I haven’t scanned any blue or red constellations. I’m sitting on three unlocked purple constellations because they all have human as a trait and I REALLY do not need another one of those. Right now I just scan a few times, unlock anything that appears interesting while praying to RNGesus that I not get yet another human polestar, and sit on maxed quantum. Maybe one day this retrieval function will be very useful for me but right now I can safely say the supply crates were of more use. I know many others feel differently, because I am seeing posts from people very happy with crew they have retrieved.
  • Selene 7 wrote: »
    I'd like to add to my feedback that the ism is already piling up and there's nothing really to do with it except collecting polestars into an equally growing unused pile. (Unless you're spending a lot of dilithium on crew retrieval.) Maybe the campaign and event rewards should be rebalanced. At least the single pulls provided a moment of excitement with the possibility of something good (and a little honor).

Use the extra ism to make extra pulls and increase the amount of constellations you pull. I have been doing that and getting more constellations.

I've been doing that and getting nothing but Federation, Human, Starfleet. This new game mechanic is annoying at best, trolling at worst.