Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Please refer to the following threads for the introduction to the feature and the roll out phases.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17546/crew-retrieval-roll-out-phases/p1?new=1

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17547/introduction-to-our-upcoming-new-feature-crew-retrieval/p1?new=1

As a reminder, Ben will showcase Crew Retrieval on the TimelinesTalks stream later today :)

To make it easier to parse your feedback and questions, please stay on topic - thank you!

Comments

• CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Okay, my morning brain is slow. Let me set this out in short form to see if I get it.

Scan (one free per day, ISM thereafter) for a chance to get a constellation. ISM comes from daily logins or fleet tasks.

Constellations contain polestars. They cost ISM to open. Polestars feature either rarity, skills or traits.

Using Quantum + credits you can obtain crew, narrowed by up to four polestars. Quantum recharges over time, or can be bought with Dil.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: will this feature allow players to get crew that are not currently in regular packs if they aren’t exclusive to other facets of the game?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Question: will this feature allow players to get crew that are not currently in regular packs if they aren’t exclusive to other facets of the game?

Crew that are not yet in regular packs are referred as limited crew and they will not be obtainable via Crew Retrieval.
  • I have a few questions off the top of my head...

Will this be for crew you don’t have yet only or will there also be the ability to add stars?

If so will the voyage and gauntlet exclusive crew be added to this feature after you get the first copy?

Will this be for all crew or only 5*’s?

Will you be able to get dupes? (not that I would :lol:)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few questions off the top of my head...

Will this be for crew you don’t have yet only or will there also be the ability to add stars?

If so will the voyage and gauntlet exclusive crew be added to this feature after you get the first copy?

I believe Gauntlet/Voyage crew are specifically listed as not included.....

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I have a few questions off the top of my head...

I believe Gauntlet/Voyage crew are specifically listed as not included.....

I saw that but thought maybe you have to go through the trouble of getting them first and then maybe this would be an easier way to immo....

Captain Level 99

• Is it still possible to get crew you don't want or need ? Or do you get to pick any crew you want from a list created by your choice of polestars ?
    Is it still possible to get crew you don't want or need ? Or do you get to pick any crew you want from a list created by your choice of polestars ?

Sounds like you can influence a narrowed pool of crew, but not lock in a specific crew.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it still possible to get crew you don't want or need ? Or do you get to pick any crew you want from a list created by your choice of polestars ?

I suspect it gives you a chance to pick a pool of crew, but does not allow you to pick which one. It will doubtless be random.

I suspect it gives you a chance to pick a pool of crew, but does not allow you to pick which one. It will doubtless be random.

Unless it would happen that the four Polestars got it down to one possible crew in the "pool". But, that might be blocked out.
  • I like it. It sounds complicated, but I'm sure that it will be rather intuitive once it's actually available in game.

The thing I'm worried about is the cost. For example, if it should take a top 100 rank in an event to get a legendary polestar and 50 scans to get a constellation, then for a lot of players the feature might as well not exist.

Good point!

Captain Level 99

• If it's still a random pick doesn't that make it just a slightly better begold ?
  • Looks like you can’t click on crew on people’s bridge crew and look at them anymore...Is this intentional? I hope not :confused:

Captain Level 99

If it's still a random pick doesn't that make it just a slightly better begold ?

Well, if you can use the four best Polestars, it might get the BeGold down to a much better odds pool.

Like if only three Legendaries match all four, the one you are looking for would be in the BeGold. If I am getting how it works......

• Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?
  • Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?

I assume they'd be consumed or there'd be no point in keeping earning new ones .
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Comment removed - Nothing nice or productive to say, don't post. ~Shan

Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?

I assume they'd be consumed or there'd be no point in keeping earning new ones .

This. It's a shame when the obvious has to posted, like it's a vision John the Revelator had......

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

I also assume they'd be consumed, but a fleetmate was curious since there are a ton of traits and the polestars don't sound particularly common/easy to gather.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you can’t click on crew on people’s bridge crew and look at them anymore...Is this intentional? I hope not :confused:

This will come back, it had to be temporarily be disabled.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?

This. It's a shame when the obvious has to posted, like it's a vision John the Revelator had......

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

Do us all a favor and stop using a dozen emojis.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Shan wrote: »
    Looks like you can’t click on crew on people’s bridge crew and look at them anymore...Is this intentional? I hope not :confused:

This will come back, it had to be temporarily be disabled.

Thanks Shan!

Captain Level 99

• edited February 2021

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

Pretty sure it’s Scott’s way of saying something potentially offensive that is meant to be funny and I don’t have a problem with it. I usually use these emojis to display the same kind of thing myself: :tongue::wink:

Captain Level 99

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

Pretty sure it’s Scott’s way of saying something potentially offensive that is meant to be funny and I don’t have a problem with it. I usually use these emojis to display the same kind of thing myself: :tongue::wink:

This. If I don't use Emojis, I am accused of saying "mean, disruptive" things. And being serious of the meanness/disruptiveness that others perceive. Guess I can't win.......

😭

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

This. If I don't use Emojis, I am accused of saying "mean, disruptive" things. And being serious of the meanness/disruptiveness that others perceive. Guess I can't win.......

😭

Don’t worry Scott I got you :frowning::heart:

Captain Level 99