Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh6p0ayajwxk.jpeg
    This is the highest I have ever gotten, but I have gotten mid/high 30s multiple times.

I know it is POSSIBLE, but it happens way too often for the posted drop percentages to be accurate. Statistically, 50% of your drops should occurs at or before the 17% pull. That is simply not happening.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh6p0ayajwxk.jpeg
    This is the highest I have ever gotten, but I have gotten mid/high 30s multiple times.

I know it is POSSIBLE, but it happens way too often for the posted drop percentages to be accurate. Statistically, 50% of your drops should occurs at or before the 17% pull. That is simply not happening.

So you're saying rare scanning events happen too frequently, just like rare shuttle losses, and rare gauntlet losses?
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    uh6p0ayajwxk.jpeg

So you're saying rare scanning events happen too frequently, just like rare shuttle losses, and rare gauntlet losses?

I wouldn’t call those gauntlet losses ‘rare’ :tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think AviTrek is being satirical. That they all seem to happen more frequently.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tracked my own constellation drops (82) since February 16th. My average percentage when I get a constellation is 17%.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I think until now, my success has been way behind the expected odds, I had a 1% success on my final scan yesterday, followed by another one on the resulting ad scan (so 3 scan successes in a row) and not a Starfleet/Federation/Human in sight!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    xvhvbxpn6es6.jpg

Literally a dozen possibilities...anyone wanna guess which one I got?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    xvhvbxpn6es6.jpg

Pretty sure you'd have made the same post for 3 of the 13 options, so it was a 23% chance of getting unlucky. Still unlucky, but not the 8% you were implying.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    xvhvbxpn6es6.jpg

Pretty sure you'd have made the same post for 3 of the 13 options, so it was a 23% chance of getting unlucky. Still unlucky, but not the 8% you were implying.

LOL, that's a fair point. Although I probably wouldn't have bothered for Federation, I only have three of those. But getting to double digits for Starfleet or Human seemed worth calling it out.

I really believe there is value in, at the very least, underweighting these super common polestars.
  • When are we going to be able to recycle the hundreds of Polestars that just sit there reminding us how bad RNG is?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    300,000 Fed Creds to go!!!!!

Finally got the last thing I needed to narrow down Sinister Picard!

Screencap is gone, though........

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • 300,000 Fed Creds to go!!!!!

Finally got the last thing I needed to narrow down Sinister Picard!

Screencap is gone, though........

That was my last retrieval as well. Good luck on getting the 300k ASAP.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    It's all still rather frustrating when you scan for ages and end-up with a useless polestar. I do have more than enough to get several good targets, so it's not preventing me from using it.

Just had 5 successful scans in a week, and 4 were useless. Took 16 scans for a RAF O'Brien one... "At least it has good options as long as I don't get... ahhh... the human polestar..."
  • PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭
    You’ll all be happy with the new market place for polestars and constellations coming out next month 😊
  • ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    PhotonKim wrote: »
    You’ll all be happy with the new market place for polestars and constellations coming out next month 😊

Even if you do not use the new Celestial Market feature, just getting back 800 ISM for dematerializing Polestars and 300 ISM for dematerializing Constellations is an awesome thing! :smile:
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »

Even if you do not use the new Celestial Market feature, just getting back 800 ISM for dematerializing Polestars and 300 ISM for dematerializing Constellations is an awesome thing! :smile:

Yep, say goodbye to all those common, uncommon, rare and for me super rare polestars. Star fleet, human and federation will get severely reduced. Will be interesting to see where prices for rare sought after polestars land.
  • edited June 2021

Yep, say goodbye to all those common, uncommon, rare and for me super rare polestars. Star fleet, human and federation will get severely reduced. Will be interesting to see where prices for rare sought after polestars land.

Is this a thing or just a bit of sarcasm?

If it is a thing would you be kind enough to point me to the info? Because the values indicated dont make any sense - 300 ism for a constellation, or I simply open it and get 800 for the polestar given.

If it is sarcasm, I feel your pain. :)
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is a thing would you be kind enough to point me to the info? Because the values indicated dont make any sense - 300 ism for a constellation, or I simply open it and get 800 for the polestar given.

Well you’re gonna spend 1000 ISM for opening the polestar. If a constellation has all undesirable polestars, just get the 300 ISM for it, instead of spending 1000 ISM and only getting 800 back.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a thing, Shan will provide a summary of Timelines Talk where Ben outlined the new feature.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

This is a thing, Shan will provide a summary of Timelines Talk where Ben outlined the new feature.

I look forward to reading that, here on the Forums. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to see which polestars everyone else is after, and whether they align with mine (hopefully not)!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I'm interested to see which polestars everyone else is after, and whether they align with mine (hopefully not)!

My current wishlist: Inspiring, Civilian, and Klingon. Also, I'd love Barzan, but since that's for just one crew, I'm likely to never see it (even with trading).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I'd love to see a poll to find out if players are using crew retrieval more to add unowned crew, as an alternative to citations for adding stars to owned crew, of a combination of the two.

I've mainly used it to add stars, but that is for 3 reasons:

- crew slots are often full or nearly full, so I am very selective about adding new crew

- the unowned crew on my most wanted list either aren't in the portal or are not yet 100% targetable by my personal selection of polestars

- trying to build up my inventory of polestars, so I've been using the ones I have multiple copies of, while still targeting good/useful crew to add stars to
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'd love to see a poll to find out if players are using crew retrieval more to add unowned crew, as an alternative to citations for adding stars to owned crew, of a combination of the two.

- crew slots are often full or nearly full, so I am very selective about adding new crew

- the unowned crew on my most wanted list either aren't in the portal or are not yet 100% targetable by my personal selection of polestars

- trying to build up my inventory of polestars, so I've been using the ones I have multiple copies of, while still targeting good/useful crew to add stars to

I got a few targeted new crew initially (Captain Braxton, Ishan Chaye Sisko) now I'm focused on upping my strong 1/5 and 2/5. I've got a few 2 polestar combos ready to go (Queen Po, Stranded Quark) to help me keep building useful ones up.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a few targeted new crew initially (Captain Braxton, Ishan Chaye Sisko) now I'm focused on upping my strong 1/5 and 2/5. I've got a few 2 polestar combos ready to go (Queen Po, Stranded Quark) to help me keep building useful ones up.

I started by targeting some of the top crew I wanted but didn't have. Once I got them I've now shifted to crew I own to add stars.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

My current wishlist: Inspiring, Civilian, and Klingon. Also, I'd love Barzan, but since that's for just one crew, I'm likely to never see it (even with trading).

Barzan is interesting. It's only used for nhan and is also the only way to get her. She's not a highly ranked crew so there may not be a lot of demand, but if you want her you need that polestar. I could see Barzan being traded at a higher price since the supply will be low and the few players that want her will really need it.

Your other 3 I would guess will be fairly liquid. A lot of supply and a lot of demand.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭

With the exception of a couple of personal must-haves to try out the feature, I'm using it to target crew with traits and skills that will help me unlock episode nodes (yep, I'm still at that stage), so would be in the "add unowned crew" category. After that I feel I would move into the second "alternative to citations" category to clean out some of the purples collected in ranked rewards, to loosen the pressure on slots.

It'll be interesting to see what the values of the episode node trait polestars are; I guess it would depend on whether the majority of players using the marketplace have already completed them, so perhaps they would not be as valuable. "Dominion", for example, is potentially only useful for an episode node but not a collection, so might not carry as much weight.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm doing the same, primarily for the slot reason and a lack of cites to make much use out of a 1/5.

I started out getting a few high-tiers which I didn't have (Braxton and Stranded Quark), but since then I have just been adding stars.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Got the rather rare "Gardener" trait today. Thought "Great, I can get Boothby replicant now!"

How is he not listed as a gardener?! At least Picard and Number One have the trait, so I can give them their final star.