Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• All we wanted was crew slots.

And re-rolls for beholds.

And something else to do with our crew :wink:

You fancy dreamer, you.

If we’re dreaming I’d like an early spring, SNW to come out, Q, Janeway, Worf and Guinan among others to appear on season 2 of Picard, and season 3 of The Mandalorain to come out sooner! :smiley::smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Uebermind wrote: »
    So basically, this comes down to making it much more complicated to retrieve your crew, and making it tied to a new in-game currency.

Exactly. And playing “the waiting game” for your polestars and constellations to line up and give you a better chance at getting irritated when you dont get the crew you are targeting.

They have outdone themselves..

Right, they just should have made it, that for 10 merits you can get every cew you want. *irony mode on*
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?

I assume they'd be consumed or there'd be no point in keeping earning new ones .

This. It's a shame when the obvious has to posted, like it's a vision John the Revelator had......

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

Do us all a favor and stop using a dozen emojis.

I like em. Keep doing ur emoji thing DScott. Emoji on! 👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿👍
    Will retrieving crew consume the polestars used in the retrieval or will they remain in your inventory?

I assume they'd be consumed or there'd be no point in keeping earning new ones .

This. It's a shame when the obvious has to posted, like it's a vision John the Revelator had......

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    😄😄😄😄😄😄

Do us all a favor and stop using a dozen emojis.

I like em. Keep doing ur emoji thing DScott. Emoji on! 👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿👍

I sit, corrected. 🖖

I think it breaks up the long paragraphs of text. I don’t have a peregrine falcon emoji so I will give you some bald eagles that look cool. 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅

I knew I could count on you for that, (HGH)Apollo. Here’s a pic for next time:

ite8ujsx1fvg.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Uebermind wrote: »
    So basically, this comes down to making it much more complicated to retrieve your crew, and making it tied to a new in-game currency.

Exactly. And playing “the waiting game” for your polestars and constellations to line up and give you a better chance at getting irritated when you dont get the crew you are targeting.

They have outdone themselves..

Right, they just should have made it, that for 10 merits you can get every cew you want. *irony mode on*

Inappropriate comment removed. ~Shan

And thats full “reality” mode there buddy. I never said they should make it cheaper. I said what they did was pointless.
    edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »

*snip*
    The ironic thing is that I believe giving premium packs value again would have actually resulted in increased sales for TP, as I get the sense a lot of players don't jump at the premium pack deals (even the famed 10 for 10) anymore due to the diluted pool.
    *snip*

You would be correct in that sensation.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    They showed at least one 100% target. I think it was the Borg Queen. Meaning the were able to target the system so only she dropped. Yes it requires gathering all the necessary currencies which is a legitimate concern

So what's needed is a list of crew, and what poles are best used to fish them out of the timelines, and a crew available from different combinations. Then players can see what they need/or will get from the poles.

I suspect that some 5* crew will be available without a 5* pole. i.e. get the right combinations of traits, and it will lead to just one (or a small selection of 5*) crew.

Also some traits come with some skills, e.g. Jury Rigger with Engineering. So some skills won't need a skill pole.

Calhoun wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. WRG can implement two new currencies and a complex system in order to provide yet another way to acquire crew in the game ... But somehow fixing that annoying bug in gauntlet where your 5% opponent crits 6 times while your 45% gauntleteer crits 0 times, and you end up losing. Makes perfect sense to me.

That’s...not a bug.

If you want an example of an irritating bug which has persisted for far too long, how about rare items which still show up as warpable long after they’ve been claimed?

Or, perhaps, outdated refresh buttons:

lhf11yfcnsy5.png

04bpc1p3cv0s.png
  • DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. WRG can implement two new currencies and a complex system in order to provide yet another way to acquire crew in the game ... But somehow fixing that annoying bug in gauntlet where your 5% opponent crits 6 times while your 45% gauntleteer crits 0 times, and you end up losing. Makes perfect sense to me.

You sweet summer child, that’s not a bug!! That’s a feature!!
  • DragynDragyn ✭✭✭

That’s...not a bug.

If you want an example of an irritating bug which has persisted for far too long, how about rare items which still show up as warpable long after they’ve been claimed?

Not really something to complain about but the fact you can make 2 * items with 3 no star items / 2 ** items with 3 * item etc has always annoyed me and led me to have very little faith in the games math abilities.
    Dragyn wrote: »

That’s...not a bug.

Not really something to complain about but the fact you can make 2 * items with 3 no star items / 2 ** items with 3 * item etc has always annoyed me and led me to have very little faith in the games math abilities.

Welcome to the club. Quark rigged the Dabo, by the way.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the episode of Timeline Talks with Ben as the guest. Based on the preview shown I am looking forward to the new system, and can't wait to try it out for myself next week. I'll be sure to post some feedback after I use it.
    So far nice job with the feature posts detailing the rollout, and also having a team member (Ben) go on a Community show to demonstrate it ahead of its release.

Oh, I agree it's a very detailed rollout. Lots of information provided. But that information has confirmed that this is going to cost a fortune if you want to use it as anything more than an occasional novelty. Whales only, mere mortals need not apply.
  • This looks very good.

One suggestion.
    Veteran players with lots of credits and most crew Fully equiped have the credits to use this feature.

However, newer players who still got to equip hundreds of crew need their credits to do that and credits are often run out of credits.

Maybe a substation amount of credits can be added to the captain level increase rewards to help here. I could even see a polestar + credits at certain treshold captain levels. This would give them. A chance to use this feature once in a while, even if they normally need their credits to equip crew