Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• Watching timelines talk and saw that 1/1 torres oop up for the cost of credits worth 14.4k dilitium....

That would make me rage quit.
    Even afully frozen would at least give some honor.

Saving credits (or god forbid that amount of dil) for months and than that happens...
    Maybe there should be polestars to EXCLUDE certain rarities.

I rewatched the stream and this might actually not be correct.

Ben said something like at least not using the credits after this torres came up.

I think we need some clarification of when that credit cost mentioned on screen is used up.
    Do maybe if he had selected torres in the pool it would have said a lot less
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should be able to get any crew in game with crew retrieval. At the least there should be a polestar for gauntlet crew, one for Crew not in portal etc.
    Let’s fly!
  • Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the success chance for scans reset too when the price resets every day? That is, the first scan will be free again, but will it also have a 2% success chance again or will it keep the success rate reached on the day before?
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the success chance for scans reset too when the price resets every day? That is, the first scan will be free again, but will it also have a 2% success chance again or will it keep the success rate reached on the day before?

It resets with success only as far as I understood.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    edited February 2021
    If we need a couple different polestars to get any good chance of crew we want and there are many different polestars including throwaways like uncommon and rare crew polestars, then the drop rate of constellations that give you polestars needs to be significantly higher or we are just gonna be sitting around for weeks not using this new feature.

I got that each specific of a card has the same drop chance. So we will get plenty of Federation and Starfleet too which narrow down basically nothing.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the success chance for scans reset too when the price resets every day? That is, the first scan will be free again, but will it also have a 2% success chance again or will it keep the success rate reached on the day before?

Do you mean after getting a constellation? I was talking about the daily reset, not the price reset after obtaining a constellation. Given that the price in (what was the currency called again? :sweat_smile: ) rises quite steeply, it doesn't sounds like a feasible thing to keep purchasing scans until a constellation drops. So, assuming I purchase two or three scans and my success rate goes up to 4% or 6%, will it still be at 4% or 6% on the next day or will it be back to 2%?

If the success rate resets every day, then with the low drop rates and steep price increase it makes no sense to purchase additional scans. And at one free scan a day (the success rate of which is 2% if I remember well) it would take approximately 50 days to get a constellation.
  • Or does the free scan always drop a constellation? My understanding was that that would only be true for the very first one when the feature goes live.
    edited February 2021
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the success chance for scans reset too when the price resets every day? That is, the first scan will be free again, but will it also have a 2% success chance again or will it keep the success rate reached on the day before?

Do you mean after getting a constellation? I was talking about the daily reset, not the price reset after obtaining a constellation. Given that the price in (what was the currency called again? :sweat_smile: ) rises quite steeply, it doesn't sounds like a feasible thing to keep purchasing scans until a constellation drops. So, assuming I purchase two or three scans and my success rate goes up to 4% or 6%, will it still be at 4% or 6% on the next day or will it be back to 2%?

If the success rate resets every day, then with the low drop rates and steep price increase it makes no sense to purchase additional scans. And at one free scan a day (the success rate of which is 2% if I remember well) it would take approximately 50 days to get a constellation.

I meant that it will increase as long as no constellation drops. It will not reset with the daily reset. 50 days would be the very worst case if you only do the daily free scan. But with each ISM scan which we will do one per day at least I assume it increases too, and a constellation can drop at 2% chance already too.

I am too lazy to calculate the expectation value, but maybe we can expect one every 10 days with 1 ISM scan per day?

/edit: We will have to check out the sweet spot between spending ISM on scans and saving for opening constellations. That is pricey too.

I meant that it will increase as long as no constellation drops. It will not reset with the daily reset. 50 days would be the very worst case if you only do the daily free scan. But with each ISM scan which we will do one per day at least I assume it increases too, and a constellation can drop at 2% chance already too.

I am too lazy to calculate the expectation value, but maybe we can expect one every 10 days?

That would be great. I hope you're right! I honestly can't remember what they said on this topic in the stream or if they mentioned it at all, but if you're sure about it, then the whole feature sounds a lot better than I initially expected it to be.

I am too lazy to calculate the expectation value, but maybe we can expect one every 10 days?

That would be great. I hope you're right! I honestly can't remember what they said on this topic in the stream or if they mentioned it at all, but if you're sure about it, then the whole feature sounds a lot better than I initially expected it to be.

Pretty sure, but not 100%.

A pity counter with a daily reset would be a slap in the face.

One thing I forgot is the adwarp option. Does anyone know the ad cooldown for scans?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

The one question the guys didn't ask during the demo with WRG Ben was the rate at which the pity counter increases. They referenced galaxy events, how each build without a rare reward increased the next success rate by 5%, but Ben never mentioned whether every failed scan increased the success rate for the next scan by 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, or a sliding scale, etc...

If people only do the 1 free scan each day, what is the maximum number of days a player could go before they reach the 100% guaranteed successful scan? A week? A month? 100 days?

Given all the RNG and ISM already being a limiting factor, why not just make every scan successful? There are close to 900 constellations you might get each time, and each of them has a limited number of polestars to possibly get, so the odds are already severely stacked against you getting the 1-4 specific polestars you need to filter the pool enough to have a chance at getting the crew you actually want.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »

The one question the guys didn't ask during the demo with WRG Ben was the rate at which the pity counter increases. They referenced galaxy events, how each build without a rare rewards increased the next success rate by 5%, but Ben never mentioned whether every failed scan increased the success rate for the next scan by 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, or a sliding scale, etc...

If people only do the 1 free scan each day, what is the maximum number of days a player could go before they reach the 100% guaranteed successful scan? A week? A month? 100 days?

Given all the RNG and ISM already being a limiting factor, why not just make every scan successful? There are close to 900 constellations you might get each time, and each of them has a limited number of polestars to possibly get, so the odds are already severely stacked against you getting the 1-4 specific polestars you need to filter the pool enough to have a chance at getting the crew you actually want.

Scan % does increase. Ben said it is similar to craft in galaxy events, % increase with each build until you get the rare. (Its at 1:36:00ish in the video)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    edited February 2021

The one question the guys didn't ask during the demo with WRG Ben was the rate at which the pity counter increases. They referenced galaxy events, how each build without a rare rewards increased the next success rate by 5%, but Ben never mentioned whether every failed scan increased the success rate for the next scan by 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, or a sliding scale, etc...

Scan % does increase. Ben said it is similar to craft in galaxy events, % increase with each build until you get the rare. (Its at 1:36:00ish in the video)

It is there at 1:36:00 in the video. It is 2% fixed per failed scan.

/edit: Too slow. :)

Yes, but at what rate? If I fail a 1% chance scan today, does that mean tomorrow is 2% or 6% or 11%?

If it only increases by 1 each day, then it could theoretically take up to 100 days to have a successful scan to get a single constellation (from a pool of close to 900), which may have a selection of polestars that are completely useless (ie: human, federation, Starfleet).
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but at what rate? If I fail a 1% chance scan today, does that mean tomorrow is 2% or 6% or 11%?

If it only increases by 1 each day, then it could theoretically take up to 100 days to have a successful scan to get a single constellation (from a pool of close to 900), which may have a selection of polestars that are completely useless (ie: human, federation, Starfleet).

2%
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    edited February 2021

2%

Yikes. I'm curious to discover how long it takes to actually be able to target a crew that I want, in as close to a guaranteed pull as possible (otherwise it's a glorified Tuesday pack for $5 million credits & 900 quantum). Considering constellation drop rates, polestar rarity, and the likelihood of crew having a unique enough set of skills & traits to give me more than a hail-mary chance, I feel like it would be lucky to have more than 1 or 2 high % retrievals a year.

Plus, it sounds like the best polestars that would filter crew the most like crew rarity (ie: 5*) and key skills (ie: ENG), will only be available via top-1000 finishes in events. Or maybe from a single rarity/skill constellation, which you have about a 1/900 chance of getting from a successful scan, which starts out with only a 1% chance of even being successful!
  • I see the complaints that this is something you would only manage once or twice a month. I actually like that this is a rare thing. If you save to do this and prep in such a way that you are likely to get a targeted gold, it would totally unbalance the game to do that several times a week.

Once or twice a month is perfectly fine as long as it actually allows me to target crew that I want. But if it should take me three or fours months to have a combination of polestars that actually allow me to target a crew that I want then this feature doesn't add much to my experience. That depends on how many polestars exist, on how many scans are possible and on whether or not the success rate for them resets every day (it seems like it won't).

For example, if I have polestars for human, costumed, resourceful and 5*, then I can target Arachnia and Merry Men Crusher, with a chance of getting a third star on Gunslinger Uhura instead. But if it takes me three years to put those four polestars together, then I won't spend resources on a crew retrieve just to have a very tiny chance at a character I want (with, say, human and costumed only).

This is just an example. There are a lot of other possible trait combinations, but not knowing how many polestars there are and how easy/difficult it will be to obtain them, it's hard to guess how much of an impact this feature will actually have for long-time players, since most of them don't need or want most of the crew in the portal, but only a few specific cards.