Home The Bridge

Who will be your first crew retrieval goal?

dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
Taking out of consideration any delay in obtaining the correct polestars and how long that might take... who do you plan to make as your first "must find" target?

Personally I'm thinking I might focus on the remaining 4*s that I don't have immortalized and get that bucket list item checked off before I worry about 5*s (plus that might give extra time to collect polestars for those harder-to-narrow-down pulls)

Comments

• I’ve got a few *4s to finish that will count toward collections I’m working on so that’s my goal as well. Plus I know one of them is not great stats wise so I’ll be able to finally freeze the card.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anya :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bartender Tuvok or Rain Robinson. I'm still weighing the benefits of both, but I'd be thrilled with either :)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the guaranteed polestars from the tutorial, I'm leaning toward adding a star to Gangster Spock since he'll help with a trio of collections (including the new Costumed one Ben mentioned on Wednesday).
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Arachnia and Merry Men Crusher (for a best chance pull both require the same combination of polestars, which is nice). And Dark Empath Troi.
    Prisoner Kim isn't in the portal yet, but in case there should be a portal update at some point over the next months, he will be on my list too.
  • Gauntleteers are what I want. Specifically Sulan and Chancellor Gowron.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    My wish list is short but distinguished:

**PRIMARY TARGET** Mobile Doctor - My White Whale! Been waiting for him for over a year in order to make Cheesecake Seven.

Secondary Targets:
    Chef Riker or Data the V: I'm working on the Holodeck Collection and I need just one of them to complete it.
    Wrathful Khan - Just to want to own; I've never seen him in a Begold.
    Chancellor Gowron - For the Gauntlet. Pretty low priority though.
    Maras (eventually D'Nesh, when she's available) - I just like the Orions.
    Kamin Picard (when he's available) - Disappointed I didn't make an effort to get him in his event, so would like to get him.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Jury Rigger Engineer for a couple of the remaining missions I can't complete. Hoping not needing a specific crew will make it easier/cheaper to get to that point. Then whatever else I need to complete other remaining missions.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting question with a variety of answers so far. I like it. :)
    I'm not sure who I'll target. So far, I'm leaning toward turning it into a secondary citation machine and just chasing stars for legendary crew in stat-boosting collections.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Men Crusher
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure who I'll target. So far, I'm leaning toward turning it into a secondary citation machine and just chasing stars for legendary crew in stat-boosting collections.

I had the same thought, thinking it would be a useful tool for adding stars to crew that I didn't want to use a citation on, especially old/weak crew who contribute to collections or have limited usefulness (ie: are only used for ship battles). The funny thing is that with the time, RNG and cost involved, getting the right combination might end up making this feel more exclusive than citations.

It might wind up being utilized as the most strategic way to add specific new crew, as opposed to adding stars to existing crew.
  • AOS Picard
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I had the same thought, thinking it would be a useful tool for adding stars to crew that I didn't want to use a citation on, especially old/weak crew who contribute to collections or have limited usefulness (ie: are only used for ship battles). The funny thing is that with the time, RNG and cost involved, getting the right combination might end up making this feel more exclusive than citations.

It might wind up being utilized as the most strategic way to add specific new crew, as opposed to adding stars to existing crew.

That could easily be the case. We'll have to see how the resources fall. I need crew in the Diplomat, Mirror, and Klingon collections. I suspect that I will be able to target one of them every couple weeks. Especially if a Costumed collection drops and includes a Costumed polestar. If that becomes a pattern to get a relevant polestar when a collection drops, then it's one free(ish) citation toward the collection to me. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • I will be waiting for a Pilot Polestar to drop so I can use it with the Saboteur we get in the welcome package. Then I get either another copy of Irina or Captain Braxton
  • joshurtree wrote: »
    I will be waiting for a Pilot Polestar to drop so I can use it with the Saboteur we get in the welcome package. Then I get either another copy of Irina or Captain Braxton

According to someone who pays a lot more attention than me and has a much better knowledge of crew traits (sorry, I can't remember who it was :sweat_smile: ) Irina will be obtainable for sure and for free from the tutorial polestars. Don't remember the combination, but if they're the same that Ben showed us then it should be possible.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway, to finally fuse mutant Paris.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    AOS Picard

Not in the portal yet, so not available for the new feature. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • sigh, well then I will try for sinister Picard.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about the worst crew stats wise on your roster sitting at -1 star to FF... you know that ONE card that you never cite, it was super useful in yuor early game, and now not so much....sits there FE missing 1 star......

cant airlock em due to sentimental value / early cost.....let them finally rest

I see your point, but I don't think I'd want to waste resources on doing so, unless maybe I could use the ones from the demo to make it happen. That said, I would feel much more comfortable taking them in a begold over another crew knowing I have a better chance at seeing that other crew somewhere else in the future if I really want them.
  • @robownage - agreed ! I was only thinking about using the "demo freebie" in a least painful / max gain manner - so either cite my roster lurker crew or my crew i am going to get he most instant gain from
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about easy crew to retrieve, and Torpedo Surgeon McCoy springs to mind.
    I already have him, but I believe he is the only Jury Rigger and Physician, so would only need two poles to get, and no legendary pole.

I might go for a third star on the lovely Borg Queen, I got a second today.