Home The Bridge

Who will be your first crew retrieval goal?

Comments

• starfox wrote: »
    i see a few comments saying dark troi. i just got her this week from the premium pulls from the sale, two copies in fact. is she that good or is it for sentiment ? im actually looking forward to next weeks bridal troi for the med/command.
    my answer to the topic is admiral janeway. i have all the janeways except that one :(

My personal reason is that I really like the art. Same reason I want Merry Men Crusher.

I mostly go for crew that I like, because of the character, the episode they're from or the art.

I also want Arachnia because I want to have all Janeways in the game and I want Prisoner Kim because I liked the episode and I'm one of a few people who liked Kim on Voyager.

That being said, Dark Empath Troi and Prisoner Kim would also be very useful if immortalized (especially Kim, but he's not in the portal yet, so that's a long term goal).
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    1. Sphere-Builder Presage - she's the only one I'm missing from the Delphic Expanse collection ... all other 7 crew I actually have immortal.
    -> Polestar - Presage ... all other combos of her traits have multiple options, great I only need one, so the second I get it this is a done deal.

2. North Star T'Pol - She'd be the perfect target for the 40th Vulcan to immortalise, because she also hits The Wild West collection (she's the only one I'm missing there, but not all 5*s are immortal yet) and is a solid card in general ... only issue, is she in the portal?
    -> Polestar - uhh ... Costumed, Vulcan, 5* still gives 5 options ... in retrospect she's probably not worth the "risk" after the first go. ... Oh, if I add Astrophysicist it might work!

So I think a pattern is starting to emerge in crew I'll target, the only one who doesn't fit ...

3. Stranded Quark - the only general 3-skill combo I'm missing (of the 20) for 5*s. So, just for the completionist's sake really at this moment in time, not sure I'd insta-cite him anymore but would love to have him hanging around.
    -> Polestar - Ferengi, Survivalist ... an easy one, as long as I manage to get the polestars. :)

EDIT: Added the Polestars(?) needed.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Romantic + Prodigy = (1) card. Amanda Rogers.

The sheer randomness of this will be maddening. Nobody would be able to plan for anything. It's a flat, random drop, so who knows what the stars would bring. I just know one thing: I have to horde credits.

+1 to this. 28M credits banked. Call me Smaug. 🐉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I intend to make the maximum use of my Quantum to never waste regeneration days, so I will not be too picky. Any guaranteed additional star will do, even the 5th for Shinzon, but he will be unlikely to tackle anyway.

Ditto on not wasting Quantum. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narek, Maras, and Jhamel - the only players I don't have plus a 5* Mobile Doctor to fuse with 2 Indignant Seven of Nine.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooooh, tough one. I've been thinking about this since I saw the demo. I really don't know. There are a couple ways I could go, depending on circumstances and opportunity.
    1* I always need Med. I have 3 of top ten base immortal and need stars on the two Culber. I could go for those stars or go after the other five. There are also several that would help just at 1/5* FE.
    2* There are a bunch of FE crew that I could work on and either utilize or freeze. Imprinted Archer, several engineers, et c. would help with just one more star. They would be more useful and I could freeze a few purples for space.
    3* There are a few collection bonuses I'm A crew or two short on. Any crew would help there.
    4*Ah'dar Ru'Afo He's the only number one base skill I don't have immortal. He's climbing up as a 1/5*. I'm short 5/5 ENG primary crew. Determined Janeway and Queen Po are the only two I have immortal, with two ENG secondary, Proto Barclay and Tourist Trip, at third and fourth. The 4* Grathon Tolar is fifth and a 1/5* FE DF Torres is sixth.
    5* Not a White Whale really (The one crew I want isn't in the game yet), but I would like a final star on Kol. He's the only Mega crew I have that isn't all, but immortal. Thrax just needs gear, Q Hefner is current, and the rest are done. I only got three of Kol from my first event. He would actually be useful to my roster even now. He would be good for general use- A Voyage here, shuttles there, Event and Collection value.
    We will have to see where the Polestars and need guide me.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I intend to make the maximum use of my Quantum to never waste regeneration days, so I will not be too picky. Any guaranteed additional star will do, even the 5th for Shinzon, but he will be unlikely to tackle anyway.

Likewise. With an inventory cap of 1000 quantum there's not much room to manoeuvre beyond the 900ish it'll cost us to retrieve someone useful.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    That largerly depends on constellations I will collect. But I intend to use this as addon to citing. If I can get another star on someone and not use honor, well that is great.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    My holy trinity — Mobile Doc, Captain Braxton and Gary Seven. They're the only tier 1s I don't have yet, and my level 99 4/4 Indignant Seven is getting lonely 😅
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shinzon, so that I can finally freeze him.
    /sarcasm
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Looks like only legendary wishes so far? Understandable..

I am missing 23 super-rares, one is a voyage exclusive, some are not in packs yet, and only one is probably useful, and I don't want to waste honor citing Vasti Picard to 4/4.

At the moment I will probably be aiming to add stars to existing crew, rather than aim for new crew who will sit at 1/5 forever. My 2/5 EMA looks like a good target.

I will also be looking at which crew are easy to target, and which ones are difficult, and reserving citations for the more difficult ones.

• Fury Kes

One of the missing golds on my quest to finishing at least one gold of main cast crew
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Likewise. With an inventory cap of 1000 quantum there's not much room to manoeuvre beyond the 900ish it'll cost us to retrieve someone useful.

Do we know how much quantum it will cost to retrieve a 4* crew? Still 900?

If it is a hard cap of 1,000, it could be argued that it's a waste to let it sit full while waiting for certain polestars, when you could use a small chunk of it along with an otherwise useless 4* polestar and other polestars that you may have multiple copies of.

My initial thought was that I'd only retrieve 5* crew, but I suppose if I could add stars or grab one of the couple missing 4* crew that were recently added to the portal, without feeling like I'm wasting rare resources, why not?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

If it is a hard cap of 1,000, it could be argued that it's a waste to let it sit full while waiting for certain polestars, when you could use a small chunk of it along with an otherwise useless 4* polestar and other polestars that you may have multiple copies of.

My initial thought was that I'd only retrieve 5* crew, but I suppose if I could add stars or grab one of the couple missing 4* crew that were recently added to the portal, without feeling like I'm wasting rare resources, why not?

Doesn’t quantum take a long time to build up though? If you used it on something not useful you might not have it when you need it for something good.
    Let’s fly!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Doesn’t quantum take a long time to build up though? If you used it on something not useful you might not have it when you need it for something good.

In a slow game like this 18 days really are nothing. I cannot imagine a situation when I "need" something urgently. The only funny exclusion to that were credits during the Dabo sale. But it turned out to not have been urgent too...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

From the video, it was 900 for a 100% chance of a 5*, and 850 for a 50/50 chance of a 4* or 5*.

Maybe 800 for a guaranteed 4*?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about a scenario where you have a specific target in mind and are waiting for RNG to provide the polestar(s) you need, in which case your quantum could fill in the time you’re waiting, rather than sitting full and unused for days/weeks.
  • Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Upon further review I wish to add Five of Twelve to my list, the more research I've been doing for Part 3, the more I'm realizing how sneaky good he is.

I have to say I am tantalized by these hints about Part 3. Five of Twelve really good? Braxton not that great? Any idea when Part 3 will be ready?
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Admiral Patrick. Why Patrick you might ask?

6dth8vzwr7no.gif
    He's been my white whale for a while - also one of the only Tuesday Packs I've gone after.

I'm planning to do a trait audit of the folks on my wishlist so I figure out what to set aside. There are also 15 sub-Legendary crew I don't have for collections (10 for incomplete collections). Hopefully some of the pole stars I don't set aside will nab a few of these. Especially Buck Bokai!

Edit: So Buck Bokai is the only one in that list who is in the portal, and is in an incomplete collection. Disappointing. But, if a a few polestar don't appear useful otherwise, I can use then in lieu of a citation on one of the many incomplete SRs I already have. Especially if RNG remains a factor.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral Patrick. Why Patrick you might ask?

6dth8vzwr7no.gif
    He's been my white whale for a while - also one of the only Tuesday Packs I've gone after.

I'm planning to do a trait audit of the folks on my wishlist so I figure out what to set aside. There are also 15 sub-Legendary crew I don't have for collections (10 for incomplete collections). Hopefully some of the pole stars I don't set aside will nab a few of these. Especially Buck Bokai!

Edit: So Buck Bokai is the only one in that list who is in the portal, and is in an incomplete collection. Disappointing. But, if a a few polestar don't appear useful otherwise, I can use then in lieu of a citation on one of the many incomplete SRs I already have. Especially if RNG remains a factor.

I think the biggest frustration of crew retrieval will be that you can only get crew in the portal and the portal rarely gets updated.
    Let’s fly!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Upon further review I wish to add Five of Twelve to my list, the more research I've been doing for Part 3, the more I'm realizing how sneaky good he is.

I have to say I am tantalized by these hints about Part 3. Five of Twelve really good? Braxton not that great? Any idea when Part 3 will be ready?

I'm with you there ... have both Rain Robinson and that Tuvok and am scratching my head around trying to figure out.

In my spreadsheet stuff ...
    - Bartender Tuvok comes out (slightly below) average when compared to other 5*s I own.
    - Rain Robinson comes out as quite good, better than 1std when compared to other 5*s I own (for voyages), this is mainly due to her specific skill combo with a little ENG at the back end. If she were part of a collection she would have been a citation target.

Maybe traits set them apart? ... for both, every trait they have comes up in Voyages a lot.