Home The Bridge

Who will be your first crew retrieval goal?

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Physician from Bones McCoy. I need one more- "Romantic"- to go after either of the Culbers. Both need stars.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Lt. Gambol wrote: »
    Warship EMA for his scarce voyage combo.

He's A want of mine too. I have a couple higher though. Starfleet/Federation, Brutal, and Physician will get him. I noticed that playing with my options once I had Physician.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 crew currently in the portal I want (I will use Crew Retrieval to get new crew only, not add stars), namely:
    • Mycelial Culber
    • Dereth
    • Leucon
    • Sinister Picard
    • Dark Empath Troi
    With my current pole stars I can get all but Leucon once I have the Quantum. Just lucky I guess.

Quantum, Quantum where are you........waiting, waiting, waiting 😄😄
  • In early experimentation i found it easy to get a second star for gangster spock. I now have to wait 17 days to get enough quantum as I can get Gary 7 in 4 polestars. Pity i didnt wait. I see the quantum being the big restrictor. The 50q for dl deal doesn't really do it, you need to buy a lot to get another roll. Though I expect Tues will have some 'deal' packs.
  • The first crew I was thinking of trying to target for retrieval was Gary Seven, a card that has eluded me for far too long, but Gary Seven's polestar traits are fairly generic and at best can be whittled down a chance between Gary Seven and Undercover Sulu (meh). So I think that's a hard pass.

Jury Rigger + Physician can get me Torpedo Surgeon McCoy, the only crew with those two traits. I don't have that McCoy, but I'm also starting to run a little short on crew slots now, so I'll hold off on that one.

Automated Unit (don't have) + Costumed (have) for White Rabbit is another one of interest, though AU might be hard to come by.

I have yet to retrieve any crew so far, and have spent a lot of time playing around with various combinations of polestars and trying to note down which ones I'll need for various "white whale" cards.

I'm also trying to figure out which legendary crew can be attained with the fewest number of polestars (besides some of the species-specific one-off legendaries).
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The first crew I was thinking of trying to target for retrieval was Gary Seven, a card that has eluded me for far too long, but Gary Seven's polestar traits are fairly generic and at best can be whittled down a chance between Gary Seven and Undercover Sulu (meh). So I think that's a hard pass.

Try ... Hero ... Human ... Undercover Operative ... SCI - that will do the trick for Gary Seven.

It is those pesky skill Polestars that I always forget about when thinking up combos.

You can get quite a selection of 5* crew from fairly common/non-unique Polestars ... think
    Riker Odan
    Seeking Spock
    Kolinahr Spock
    Soji Asha
    Compromised Airiam
    Durango Troi
    and more ... quite a long list really.

Check the Ready Room ... there's a tread with links to good resources ... though my favourite was taken down :( due to the creator's distaste with what happened, understandable.
  • RaraRacing wrote: »
    The first crew I was thinking of trying to target for retrieval was Gary Seven, a card that has eluded me for far too long, but Gary Seven's polestar traits are fairly generic and at best can be whittled down a chance between Gary Seven and Undercover Sulu (meh). So I think that's a hard pass.

Try ... Hero ... Human ... Undercover Operative ... SCI - that will do the trick for Gary Seven.

It is those pesky skill Polestars that I always forget about when thinking up combos.

You can get quite a selection of 5* crew from fairly common/non-unique Polestars ... think
    Riker Odan
    Seeking Spock
    Kolinahr Spock
    Soji Asha
    Compromised Airiam
    Durango Troi
    and more ... quite a long list really.

Check the Ready Room ... there's a tread with links to good resources ... though my favourite was taken down :( due to the creator's distaste with what happened, understandable.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out, and I completely forgot about including Science to the mix.

Riker Odan is one I've definitely marked down in my notes as a possible target as I could use another star on him. Seeking and Kolinahr Spock are two Spocks I've wanted for a while, so I'll check them out too.
  • I'm thinking Killy. I really need a faster sledgehammer more than anything else, given I usually only push in skirmishes. I need an honor sale more than a new gold, though.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still struggling with, do I go after people I need a star on to freeze for space but take the risk of pulling in a pack the next day... or do I go after new crew that I don't have space for.

At least I have about 11 days before that decision needs made at the recharge rate.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Well, not on my target list. But that’s ok, because now I feel...

ae1yoroxoftj.png

Sinister!!! 😃

It was between him, who I didn’t have but like, and Judge Q, who I have at 3 stars. Since both will be useful this weekend and next, thought it was a good CR to do a test drive with.

Polestars I used were:
    5*+Dip+Costumed+Brutal.

Hey it is BANister Picard :D
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Thank you "We Really Goofed/Thanx Players"!!!!!

y0omnagnd5hp.png
    1qpaffhsoatd.png
    fu89zqx3wclh.png
    i2gfco27hsou.png

In Excelsis Deo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lamDyZRojtU&list=RDlamDyZRojtU&start_radio=1&t=7
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Mobile Doctor

9klrlma3vics.png

He taunts me as well, like "you can't have cheesecake!"

So...I got the exact right polestars to give me a 50/50 for Mobile Doc. I pushed the button, the Astrometrics thingy came up and... CRASH

I was chomping at the bit for the 2 minutes and change it took for the game to reload. Then the first thing I get after the LTO was a DYC for Mobile Doc! Whew!

Now I am not sure I can wait 17 days for the recharge to get another one to finish my temp achievements, but that's the price you pay I guess. Overall - very happy this thing works as advertised (other than crashing the game app :D )
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m only missing 45 ish crew total, and the only 2 that I truly want on that list are Sinister Picard and Narek. I was able to 100% pinpoint Picard after the slew of polestars that was given out, and now I’m on a quest to find a Scoundrel polestar.
  • I need the last star for Killy. I can narrow her down to 3 polestars, Veteran, Mirror Universe, and Engineering. Has anyone found a way to narrow her down to 2 polestars?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    8f68ff899be31a222ea05b2b11422e03.gif
    gpp7jy3yi62i.jpg
    af35n5lmj7lo.jpg
    eyicos17qna2.jpg

Last one you needed?

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Just her second, I think. Only two came up in the search.
  • got Sinister Picard.
  • Last one you needed?

🥌🦞

Couldn't believe my luck getting this combo! I never see Janeway in beholds or on voyages; the last retrieval I tried was a 50/50 between Katrine or Mademoiselle de Neuf, and of course I got Seven. I figured the game was against me!!! So this just made me day 😍😍😍
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not counting my Katrine retrieval on day 1 (since that was more of a system test than a “targeting”), it turned out to be Stranded Quark.

Took 4 pulls at his ‘survivors’ pack to get him, then immediately added the second star via the retrieval.
    Has anyone started a 100% combo list yet? We are seeing some unique traits and 2* guarantee crew.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone started a 100% combo list yet? We are seeing some unique traits and 2* guarantee crew.

Third post in this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17559/captain-idols-polestar-analysis-sheet-1-1
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭

Search for a crew you really desire on discord, click on it and scroll down. There you will find how great a chance you have of retriving them
  • Madman1 wrote: »
    The only Resourceful Denobulan in the game is Phlox, Au Naturel. Its the only Phlox I don't have and he's one of my favourite Trek characters.
    He was at the top of my wishlist for a looooong while. Finally got him a few days before my last birthday.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport