Home The Bridge

Who will be your first crew retrieval goal?

Comments

• Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narek is the only 5* Romulan with Scoundrel, so he should be targetable without a lot of heartache provided the right pieces are collected, no?
  • Torias327 wrote: »
    Narek is the only 5* Romulan with Scoundrel, so he should be targetable without a lot of heartache provided the right pieces are collected, no?

Looks to me like he’s the only Romulan, Scoundrel in general so you would only need those two, no need to use the 5* one! (or maybe I got that wrong :lol:)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    My Janeway collection still lacks Klingon Janeway (easy to get with the right polestar combination), Katrine (equally easy), and Admiral Janeway (impossible).

I also need Jazz Musician Odo for another star on Lucille Davenport.

Apart from those, Warship EMA and Merry Men Troi.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloria. My missing 65%er for that one Guinan Gauntlet.....

1ttzhd35pfnw.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • KayJay47 wrote: »
    My Janeway collection still lacks Klingon Janeway (easy to get with the right polestar combination), Katrine (equally easy), and Admiral Janeway (impossible).

Warms my heart to see Janeway love on the forums <3 Good luck to you @KayJay47!

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit low on slots so I'll probably just try to add stars.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Data Q will be the first retrieval for all of us, as we have no choice but to follow the walk through precisely as Ben’s demo.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Data Q? I got a Navaar constellation from my free scan.
    edited February 2021
    Proont wrote: »

Not constellation, actual crew retrieval. There's a backdoor into the retrieval functionality if you click the 'engage' button in the temporary achievement for crew retrieval. Careful though, once you click the button there is no backing out, you get Data Q whether you want to or not.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Not constellation, actual crew retrieval. There's a backdoor into the retrieval functionality if you click the 'engage' button in the temporary achievement for crew retrieval. Careful though, once you click the button there is no backing out, you get Data Q whether you want to or not.

Oh ok, thanks. How much does it cost?

Free, just like the demo Ben did in the video. I'm not sure if it's going to be like that for everybody as part of the tutorial, or whether it's just temporarily still like that from the demo because the functionality isn't supposed to go live until phase-3... I accidentally stumbled across it and I had to click exactly what the tutorial told me to, and wound up retrieving Data Q.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Free, just like the demo Ben did in the video. I'm not sure if it's going to be like that for everybody as part of the tutorial, or whether it's just temporarily still like that from the demo because the functionality isn't supposed to go live until phase-3... I accidentally stumbled across it and I had to click exactly what the tutorial told me to, and wound up retrieving Data Q.

Okay, thanks. I haven't watched the demo yet. My internet has barely been cooperating.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crew Retrieval achievement 'Engage' button isn't doing anything. Oh well.

I think they fixed it!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they fixed it!

They could have waited! lol
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Data Q will be the first retrieval for all of us, as we have no choice but to follow the walk through precisely as Ben’s demo.

Okay, there were some very interesting crew possibilities, but Data Q was most definitely not the one that did it for me. It really looked to me like you could play around and choose who you wanted, so if this is true then this is very, very disappointing.
  • robownage wrote: »

Okay, there were some very interesting crew possibilities, but Data Q was most definitely not the one that did it for me. It really looked to me like you could play around and choose who you wanted, so if this is true then this is very, very disappointing.

It also means that the leftover polestars can't actually be used to target specific crew, not Irina or Katrine at least.
  • I’ve obviously missed something - but no clue how you actually retrieve a crew...
    NS111111 wrote: »
    I’ve obviously missed something - but no clue how you actually retrieve a crew...

Crew Retrieval is not active yet.

o1n8q1tyynku.png

It'll be here Thursday.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Gloria. My missing 65%er for that one Guinan Gauntlet.....

1ttzhd35pfnw.png

Thanks Scott, I have that song stuck in my head now. 😂
    Gloria. My missing 65%er for that one Guinan Gauntlet.....

1ttzhd35pfnw.png

Thanks Scott, I have that song stuck in my head now. 😂

Also a well-liked movie!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080798/

edited February 2021
    After the tutorial (Data Q), the best option for me from only the leftover polestars is a 50/50 shot between Laborer Spock (4/5) & Gangster Spock (1/5), using just 2 polestars (telepath & jury rigger).

I may wait until I have more polestars (from today's one-time gift, the daily gifts over the next two weeks, and any successful scans over that time) before I go ahead with my 2nd retrieval, but that's not awful.
  • This is fun. I can get Loque’eque Sato for sure but also Gangster Spock (2/5) or Laborer Spock if I use Jury Rigger and Telepath. If I use jury rigger, telepath and costumes I can guarantee Gangster Spock.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the tutorial (Data Q), the best option for me from only the leftover polestars is a 50/50 shot between Laborer Spock (4/5) & Gangster Spock (1/5), using just 2 polestars (telepath & jury rigger).

I may wait until I have more polestars (from today's one-time gift, the daily gifts over the next two weeks, and any successful scans over that time) before I go ahead with my 2nd retrieval, but that's not awful.

You miss out on the quantum regen though if you wait.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    edited February 2021

You miss out on the quantum regen though if you wait.

Good point. It's a balancing act to be sure, especially with the daily gifts.

I don't see it being as big an issue in the future. We could snag easily accessible crew and/or 4* crew to make use of the quantum while waiting for polestars needed to get the 5* crew we really want.

EDIT: decided to go for it with jury rigger & telepath, which immortalized Laborer Spock
  • My first retrieval netted me Saboteur Garak - noice!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave it a try with the intro options. Costumed and saboteur gave me a 3 card option of Niners Rom (frozen), M de Neuf (2/5) and Katrine (unowned).
    e54xla6rh4ex.png
    Gambled that I wouldn’t get Rom, and it worked out.
    jtpkvn34kv97.png
  • I like this feature.

Don’t think the temporary achievements are working? I’ve completed them but no extra pole stars...
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    I like this feature.

Don’t think the temporary achievements are working? I’ve completed them but no extra pole stars...

The achievements give you constellations, you need to open them to get the polestars.