Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event The First Hours - ME#1 -2021-04-01

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for a new mega crew, but I have no idea who this guy is. I have a lot if costumed crew.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for a new mega crew, but I have no idea who this guy is. I have a lot if costumed crew.

Arne Darvin's assumed persona from "Trials and Tribble-ations"
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Announce mega
    Step 2: Announce event
    Step 3: Add event to event hub
    Step 4: Add new event crew to game

As it stands we are at step 3.
    With the release of Human Saru, Reunion Spock and Kirk's reign as top Voyager will last about two weeks. He comes in at almost 200 points ahead before bonuses.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    With the release of Human Saru, Reunion Spock and Kirk's reign as top Voyager will last about two weeks. He comes in at almost 200 points ahead before bonuses.

I make this joke good natured-ly:

TP Powers-That-Be: Oh, you guys want power creep, THEN WE'LL GIVE YOU SOME POWER CREEP!

:D

yes, which makes the continued calls by some for more power creep to be just that much more foolish - "here, let's get a bunch of cites to finally power up the crew whose value has stayed stable for years...AND NOW MOAR BIGGER CREW"

ahem - thanks as always for the info Shan! :)
    EnderW wrote: »

I make this joke good natured-ly:

TP Powers-That-Be: Oh, you guys want power creep, THEN WE'LL GIVE YOU SOME POWER CREEP!

:D

yes, which makes the continued calls by some for more power creep to be just that much more foolish - "here, let's get a bunch of cites to finally power up the crew whose value has stayed stable for years...AND NOW MOAR BIGGER CREW"

ahem - thanks as always for the info Shan! :)

At least I know to save four cites for Mr. Saru
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Awesome stats of Human Saru(by far best new 1# Voyager and #2 [Edit]
    DIP Base stats) and Waddle is great as well. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot some steps...

Step 5: Space Underpants
    Step 6: Reverse the polarity of the ???
    Step 7: Profit

Warp particles.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that this card stays with those stats. It is great to get a card that I both want to own and want to play! For a long time Braxton, Gary Seven and Burnham were in a league of their own with a spread in the hundreds between even Braxton and Burnham. If this new Saru is the new Braxton he will be a peg ahead that they will backfill with characters going forward.

To be honest I'm not even sure that 200 points is enough. Braxton has been in the lead for so long that the counterfactual of regular envelope pushing over two years would likely have us a lot higher if it had been done correctly. I'm still salty that in recent memory they have released unplayable cards that I want to own (but what's the point in getting cards if you will never use them).

Save your citations folks!
    edited March 2021
    Why reviewing stats?
    You guys don t want regular 12h voyages? 😩

DB/TP hadn t don t much and not even regular/constant power creep
    over the past years, so i see the new Saru as the new Professor Sato, that came out 3 years ago and had a huge DIPbase lead over 2nd. Now Saru has as much of a lead on voyages stats over 2nd. Don t see any issue here.🤗

It will make TP BIG MONEY and a huge revenue increase on event packs and offers.🙂

EDIT: If stats gets nerfed, you‘ll lose „some“ bucks(for event packs)
    from me(and others)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Saru is getting reviewed - stay tuned
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Going to ask for a double check on Human Saru's stats from Shan, please. A voyage lead that large would be a huge departure.

It reminds me of the timelines originals. People didn't like it so DB/TP stopped. Then you started bringing it up with Ben and we got Chekov. People didn't like power creep so it slowed down. Then some people started to complain here about lack of power creep and now we get power creep on steroids.

I mean it's good that they are listening I guess. This does feel a little dramatic as if they want to stoke a rebellion though. I still solidly believe that this is a good move, though I would have preferred to see 10 cards go up by 20 each, if only so that there would have been 10 cards worth hunting down and this would have increased the chances that everyone will get cards that they both like and use.
    edited March 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Human Saru is getting reviewed - stay tuned

Really? There goes my excitement 😩

Guess i remember when Professer Sato came out with 1500+ Dip and 2nd best had 1200+ only, some ppl complained as well. Gladly stats wasn t changed/nerfed.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I really hope that this card stays with those stats. It is great to get a card that I both want to own and want to play! For a long time Braxton, Gary Seven and Burnham were in a league of their own with a spread in the hundreds between even Braxton and Burnham.

With just 10% starbase bonuses Gary released 56 points ahead of FOB. Braxton released 35 points ahead of Gary. Saru is 202 points ahead of Braxton. Definitely the biggest leap since Voyages have been in game. There's precedent with base crew like Sato, Tribble, Culber, Bones, but this would be the first time for such a large voyage gap.

Not speaking to whether it's good or bad, would just like to make sure the stats are correct.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot some steps...

Step 5: Space Underpants
    Step 6: Reverse the polarity of the ???
    Step 7: Profit

Warp particles.

av93eakp5njy.jpeg

We’ll get the guys in engineering right on that!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any of the new crew in the vault now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    edited March 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I don't see any of the new crew in the vault now.

In Engineering is a thread about the problem. Always when they add new crew they appear and disappear out of vault. Fixes the day after.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17607/after-adding-new-crew-vault-count-switches-between-edit-1009-and-1-011-back-and-forth#latest
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping things in perspective (and making sure my joke is given proper framing), I am reminded of Spock and Valeris' exchange in Undiscovered Country:

SPOCK: History is replete with turning points, Lieutenant. You must have faith.
    VALERIS: Faith?
    SPOCK: That the universe will unfold as it should.
    VALERIS: But is this logical? Surely we must...
    SPOCK: Logic? ...Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

I'm taking a zen approach to power creep: it will happen and the cits I've used in the last few months (for both my Braxton and RS&K) were not wasted because I will continue to have good, strong crew. I would encourage everyone to think along similar lines.

Though I would say I'd like a break or two from the bloodbath events...
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Awesome stats of Human Saru(by far best new 1# Voyager and #1 DIP Base stats) and Waddle is great as well. :)

Looks to me like Sato still has #1 base diplomacy :smile:

a6gw9o86jzmi.jpeg
    3fosb4b5dtme.png

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stats of Human Saru(by far best new 1# Voyager and #1 DIP Base stats) and Waddle is great as well. :)

a6gw9o86jzmi.jpeg
    3fosb4b5dtme.png

*mutes Colli* :o
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Awesome stats of Human Saru(by far best new 1# Voyager and #1 DIP Base stats) and Waddle is great as well. :)

a6gw9o86jzmi.jpeg
    3fosb4b5dtme.png

i’ll continue to cause trouble, you just won’t be able to see it :wink::tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stats of Human Saru(by far best new 1# Voyager and #1 DIP Base stats) and Waddle is great as well. :)

a6gw9o86jzmi.jpeg
    3fosb4b5dtme.png

i’ll continue to cause trouble, you just won’t be able to see it :wink::tongue:

haha! Umm, oh ya, nevermind :p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.