Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event The First Hours - ME#1 -2021-04-01

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Shan .
    I was about to point out that a DOZEN people asking a question within an hour or so of a crew going live merits an answer, regardless of who asks. It was simply something more experienced and analytical players would notice first. Even I hadn't really looked at the stats for him yet, besides a cursory glance. I knew he'd be good, but I hadn't done any checking yet by the time the interobang storm went off.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Host a podcast, talk to a single employee on air 4 times and then point out a glaring potential error?
    Shill, employee, on the take.

Go to Boston, meet DB 2 years in a row, get drunk with staff, have picture taken with Radoff. Get given 1 of a kind book of in-game artwork. Suggest crew that gets made. Interview staff for forums. Get staff on non-official community Discord to discuss game/issues. Complain x50 about errors. Point out cards that don't drop in loot table despite being advertised. Point out David Marcus is coded as a 3*.
    'Valued Community Member'

If you're just now figuring out that the players do QA for this game, you're about 5 years too late on that realization.

You're mad someone (third one to do it in the thread by the way) called out stats that were way outside the norm. The team looked and said "oh yeah, oops". Not mad at TPWRGDB, mad at the player who makes community tools that you all use. Do you know how many times Paladin has quietly DM'd Shan about an issue to get it fixed? Do you know how many times I emailed Nod back in the day to track down and get an issue fixed? Nope. Because they weren't public. You claim they 'listen' to a podcast host, but do you mind they listen to the guy that has gotten First to Max on 1/5th of the available cards in the game? Or is that OK because he keeps the lights on?

I seriously used to keep a tally of every QA snafu that players caught and brought up to the team. Then I stopped because it simply showed that history frequently repeats itself, however if you look at the bigger picture, they tend to get more things 'right' vs getting them wrong.

Lots, and I do mean LOTS of cards have been released into the vault or into players crew rosters that required time and/or money - and then were changed/nerfed by the devs. This is not the first card, nor will it be the last. This is only a controversy compared to the rest because of the presumed #1 voyage rank the card held for about 90 minutes....a rank, by the way, only known to the spreadsheet jockeys of the game. John Q Player has no idea what rank a new card holds and has to go consult an external website or tool hosted by - you guessed it! - spreadsheet jockeys of the game who quickly and efficiently tally information to make it available to the public for the greater benefit. This perceived slight against you didn't impact you unless you were on the forums and reading this thread - which by the numbers I can see, is about 40 people. That's not even a full fleet.

The Sato argument doesn't fit here for a long variety of reasons including but not limited to:
    -When Sato/Keiko were released, the 'CHECK THE STATS' messages were 10 fold what this was. No one believed it, then when it was verified, no one believed it. Base stats were crazy high. Those aren't voyage cards AT ALL. They are shuttle cards. People don't clamor for a shuttle card the same they do for a voyage card. And yet, DB released those two in 2018 and then backed off, saying "OK, there are occasional crazy cards, but most will be of the standard variety".

Before Shan nukes this thread from orbit, some of you should *really* reconsider why you are on these forums. Your interaction with other players shows that you lack the skills to be functioning adults in the real world, because you clearly want to take up arms against someone you've never met over a video game character. The quick snap to judgement, name calling and accusations against someone else - which are all clearly unfounded, wrong and deliberately hostile by the way - should make most everyone else that reads this thread embarrassed to share this public forum with you.

It does me.

Like every argument, there’s two sides, two factions. In this day and age of what has been going on in the world this is hardly as embarrassing as things I see being tossed out there daily.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Here the new stats for Human Saru. The change is currently still scheduled to go live tomorrow.

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 661 (151 - 282), DIP 1080 (80 - 160), SCI 286 (103 - 265)
    FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 1089 (151 - 282), DIP 1470 (80 - 160), SCI 511 (103 - 265)

Not the hugest of nukes - he falls to the #6 overall best Voyager without bonuses.

But he drops 255 voyage points which is very disappointing. They should have still kept him the number one voyager.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair there are other threads that popped up showing surprise at the original stats. Plus other game chats showing surprise. Mainly in the context of how they want more competitive events with higher stat characters lately.
  • Options
    Here the new stats for Human Saru. The change is currently still scheduled to go live tomorrow.

FE 1/5, Level 100, CMD 661 (151 - 282), DIP 1080 (80 - 160), SCI 286 (103 - 265)
    FE 5/5, Level 100, CMD 1089 (151 - 282), DIP 1470 (80 - 160), SCI 511 (103 - 265)

Not the hugest of nukes - he falls to the #6 overall best Voyager without bonuses.

Lots of voyage ready traits, too! Not just Human, Federation, and Starfleet, but with Exobiology, Costumed, and Survivalist. Surprised that's only good enough for a 62.8% chance at a seat match (per the Viable Voyager tool).
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

But he drops 255 points which is very disappointing. They should have still kept him number one voyager.

Oh, 100%. I'm okay with Spork not being dethroned quite so quickly, but it really does make him massively less appealing.

Crazy that we have three new entries to the Top 10 overall Voyagers introduced to the game within a week of each other (Dexa is #5). Power creep is still definitely happening, if not as drastically as we thought yesterday.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

But he drops 255 points which is very disappointing. They should have still kept him number one voyager.

Oh, 100%. I'm okay with Spork not being dethroned quite so quickly, but it really does make him massively less appealing.

Crazy that we have three new entries to the Top 10 overall Voyagers introduced to the game within a week of each other (Dexa is #5). Power creep is still definitely happening, if not as drastically as we thought yesterday.

It taints what otherwise would have been an awesome card and special as it is unusual to see a Doug Jones without all the makeup, prosthetics and appliances. It is very quick and easy to check voyage scores, I don’t understand how TP made this mistake if it was a mistake. I was so excited about this mega, now I am not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Sadly, that Prof DIP nerf was bigger than expected and needed, imho. :/

But on a positive note, saves me a buch of leg cites and (lot’s) of money,
    since i won t do a dupe(or even 2 as i had planned).

Sarus Voyages Total Stats went down by 255 !!! points.
    So going from #1 Voyager to #6 only. All numbers unboosted stats.

Before
    wgjk4w0hkfkq.jpeg
    After
    6migq6chrdvg.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    They could have at least kept him above 3600.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    They could have at least kept him above 3600.

Exactly, but it seems they had some troubles to find a middle way. 😐
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Interesting view. His Original stats were 181 points over the previous number
    1 voyagers, and now nerfing him by even 255, seems OK? Weird.

Nerfing him by 100-200 would be OK, imho, but not by 255.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If Saru had launched at 6 people would have been excited, especially as a main cast with good traits compared to Dexa. But because of the mistake people now think #6 now taints this version of Saru?

Right now we have 3 5* in the mega announced. The recurring is ranked 25, Dexa and Saru both around 6 depending on which list you look at. Personally that sounds like a good start compared to the 5* from the previous mega.

Present people one thing and then change that thing to something worse of course people will be disappointed. You know this. Don’t pretend otherwise. The memory of the nerf of stats will stay with the card just as it does with polywater. Glad they didn’t nerf it after we got the card but it has dampened my excitement for the mega as it did others and will reduce how much people spend on this mega.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Just to clarify mine, Auto's and Stars positions with the Devs. We ask them to do a Q&A, they come and do a Q&A. That's it. We don't have pull/sway and any kind of intention to alter the game based on our whims.
    If we did, this would be the least of our concerns. Auto does what a player does, point out that wow, his stats are bonkers, was this intentional? Because we know that they have a history with stat changes and the occasional error.
    So @Banjo1012 @BarnBurner @Trollita @Thurthorad please check your facts before you spread misinformation around because it isn't clever, it isn't productive and it certainly doesn't help the tone of these forums.

His stats were mentioned by others and nothing. Auto mentions it and gets an immediate “yes sir. We gotchoo my friend”. Bad look. I agree that the payroll thing is a bit much but I do believe the influence is there. You can say it isn’t all you want, it doesn’t make it so.

12:30: Event thread posted
    2:20: First comment about stats by robownage
    2:22: Auto comments and asks if they're right
    : 9 additional posts
    3:38: Shan responds that they're reviewing the stats

If you're going to create a conspiracy theory, at least get your facts straight.

They are straight according to your timeline. And I’m not saying the dudes rule the roost. All I’m saying is they are listened to when others not so much

Auto was the second person to comment and was 2 minutes after the first. Then an hour passes with 9 comments before Shan responds. That's not "His stats were mentioned by others and nothing. Auto mentions it and gets an immediate “yes sir. We gotchoo my friend”."

By the time Shan responded there were 11 comments, 10 by other players. Unless you think Shan should have been monitoring every comment and responded in the 2 minutes between the first comment and when Auto commented, I don't know how you can say Shan only reacted to Auto.

In a place famous for “if you do the math you will see it is entirely possible” is the rallying cry

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only down side to Saru not being new #1 is TP is prolly saving that honor for Burnham..... :/:o:|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Only down side to Saru not being new #1 is TP is prolly saving HOARDING that honor for Burnham..... :/:o:|

Fixed it for you ;)

Haha! Well done :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we move on?
    This may sound like an odd question from a player 26 months in, but how do skills get calculated for shuttles? Voyage considers base and prof. Is shuttle purely base? I keep thinking some was talking about high bases making good shuttle crew.
    Since there are two scheduled this Mega, I thought I would take a hard look at what I had on hand for them and decide who to work on that will give me the most use. Costumed will work in both events; crew variants just one. I don't have many Troi or Saru variants to worry about anyway.
    I'm fairly certain I have enough costumed crew on hand that I won't need to thaw any, since I do keep my better purples on hand, ex. Victorian Pulaski is my tenth best for Dip base, so she's still out, (6 of my 30 immortal golds have the trait and a similar ratio of my remaining crew do to) unless they are the existing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*