Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event The First Hours - ME#1 -2021-04-01

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Correcting a error and quickly and clearly communicating that fact before the character card even went live is bad... how, precisely?
    Someone who is upset please explain this to me, because I thought we were all up in arms and getting out pitchforks- and justifiably so- a couple weeks ago about much the opposite.

Didn t you read my post?

A new Card is visible in the game with an awesome Voyage stats,
    and i got excited and was looking forward to get this card.

Then because of some „pointing out/complaining“ stats get nerfed and my excitement turned into something negative!

There was no stats Error when they released the crew. Items had been designed and stats had been known by TP and the developers.
    They probably just weren t aware of how much of a power creep(voyages wises) that card is. Without pointing it out, they wouldn t have changed the card at all.

I totally get that before, when Shan still posted the stats here on forums, typos could happen, but the crew had the right stats in game regardless of typos, because it was already designed.

TP introduced the tab feature that shows 1/5 and 5/5 stats, to get rid
    of „typo issues“ issues and make it easier for players to check stats.
    If now, we not even can trust the „displayed“ stats in game anymore...well 😣

And btw, the card is LIVE!
    Once a crew is available in vault, you can get them via Dabo, if ur lucky.
    And the crew showed up on someones Dabo for sure.
    Hope nobody cleared the dabo for it yet. I would be mad for sure, after the nerf announcement.

And even if I already mentioned it:

When Professor Sato was released 2018, she was 250 ? base points ahead of
    the #2 base crew back then and still until now(Human Saru) no new DIP base
    Crew has even come close to her. 2018 that was even way more than a power creep than now Human Saru just being 200(unboosted) voyages points ahead
    of #2. So i really don t get the „He‘s too powerful“ ** at all.

I don t have any issues with other opinions, but i stick to my opinion as well. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correcting a error and quickly and clearly communicating that fact before the character card even went live is bad... how, precisely?
    Someone who is upset please explain this to me, because I thought we were all up in arms and getting out pitchforks- and justifiably so- a couple weeks ago about much the opposite.

Didn t you read my post?

Then because of some „pointing out/complaining“ stats get nerfed and my excitement turned into something negative!

There was no stats Error when they released the crew. Items had been designed and stats had been known by TP and the developers.
    They probably just weren t aware of how much of a power creep(voyages wises) that card is. Without pointing it out, they wouldn t have changed the card at all.

I totally get that before, when Shan still posted the stats here on forums, typos could happen, but the crew had the right stats in game regardless of typos, because it was already designed.

Hope nobody cleared the dabo for it yet. I would be mad for sure, after the nerf announcement.

I don t have any issues with other opinions, but i stick to my opinion as well. 😉

I think the Dabo point is the fairest one. I believe he was added to the game too late to be active yesterday, but he will be in there today. At least the nerf message came out in time, but now if he's on mine I won't even know if he's worth it to push because I can't trust what's written there.
  • Options
    BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Just to clarify mine, Auto's and Stars positions with the Devs. We ask them to do a Q&A, they come and do a Q&A. That's it. We don't have pull/sway and any kind of intention to alter the game based on our whims.
    If we did, this would be the least of our concerns. Auto does what a player does, point out that wow, his stats are bonkers, was this intentional? Because we know that they have a history with stat changes and the occasional error.
    So @Banjo1012 @BarnBurner @Trollita @Thurthorad please check your facts before you spread misinformation around because it isn't clever, it isn't productive and it certainly doesn't help the tone of these forums.

His stats were mentioned by others and nothing. Auto mentions it and gets an immediate “yes sir. We gotchoo my friend”. Bad look. I agree that the payroll thing is a bit much but I do believe the influence is there. You can say it isn’t all you want, it doesn’t make it so.

Yeah. Maybe the payroll thing is a bit much, but neither auto or idol addressed it. Regardless i agree that denying they have any sway or pull is not going to change the evidence to the contrary.

@Captain Idol @Automaton_2000
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn t you read my post?

And even if already mentioned it:

When Professor Sato was released 2018, she was 250 ? base points ahead of
    the #2 base crew back then and still until now(Human Saru) no new DIP base
    Crew has even come close to her. 2018 that was even way more than a power creep than now Human Saru just being 200(unboosted) voyages points ahead
    of #2. So i really don t get the „He‘s too powerful“ ** at all.

It’s all good... 👍

As I mentioned upthread, though, this is a case of Occam versus Ockham. Neither one of us can definitively say that it was or wasn’t an error as opposed to a course correction.

Given their track record with QC I lean towards the error explanation and regardless, I do think that my point about the swift and clear communication being a massive improvement and cause for appreciation still stands.

As for the card being technically “live”...
    Honestly, how many people do you think that card would have popped up for in Dabo, and how many of those would have cleared the board for him?

I think we can all agree that someone needs to get Barry Waddle a good cup of Raktajino.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I’m with you on this. And I think it also has to do with Ben’s Timelines Talks buddy doing the questioning.

this is a Comment moderated ~Shan sentiment, at best. what is wrong with you?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I’m with you on this. And I think it also has to do with Ben’s Timelines Talks buddy doing the questioning.

this is a Comment moderated ~Shan sentiment, at best. what is wrong with you?

I surfer from it’s too much of a coincidenceitis

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Saru is amusing. Doug Jones is so natural as Saru, him as a human is strange. I'm not sure which is odder in my mind, Doug Jones as Doug Jones or Doug Jones in a bird suit...
    It is a treat to see Doug Jones without makeup, but it's a little jarring. When he's fully suited I tend to follow his movements more, but without prosthetics I watch his face. Probably true for people in general, but Doug Jones is at the top of his field.

My subconscious also seems to have a general understanding of how tall Doug Jones is, but hasn't realized Saru wears platform hoof boots. So I tend to think of his cast mates as being 6" shorter than they actually are. :D

I also have to contend with knowing he did a stint in the Charlie Cardinal suit for Ball State. As often as Charlie did crazy things on campus while I was there, wondering what he did when he was Charlie makes me think a bit. Ride in the bed races? Travel the Cow path in a shopping cart? Pass out stress balls during finals week by throwing them off the roof of Pruis Hall?
    Knowing how he got his start is both funny and intriguing. He graduated about a decade ahead of my sister and Anthony Montgomery (different majors, same college- Humanities) and way ahead of me and you see Charlie all the time up there.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Just to clarify mine, Auto's and Stars positions with the Devs. We ask them to do a Q&A, they come and do a Q&A. That's it. We don't have pull/sway and any kind of intention to alter the game based on our whims.
    If we did, this would be the least of our concerns. Auto does what a player does, point out that wow, his stats are bonkers, was this intentional? Because we know that they have a history with stat changes and the occasional error.
    So @Banjo1012 @BarnBurner @Trollita @Thurthorad please check your facts before you spread misinformation around because it isn't clever, it isn't productive and it certainly doesn't help the tone of these forums.

His stats were mentioned by others and nothing. Auto mentions it and gets an immediate “yes sir. We gotchoo my friend”. Bad look. I agree that the payroll thing is a bit much but I do believe the influence is there. You can say it isn’t all you want, it doesn’t make it so.

12:30: Event thread posted
    2:20: First comment about stats by robownage
    2:22: Auto comments and asks if they're right
    : 9 additional posts
    3:38: Shan responds that they're reviewing the stats

If you're going to create a conspiracy theory, at least get your facts straight.

They are straight according to your timeline. And I’m not saying the dudes rule the roost. All I’m saying is they are listened to when others not so much

• Options
    Haha you fools took the bait. While you were busy gawking at Saru, no one noticed that I ordered WRG to give my favorite character Chakotay the #1 base and #2 voyage score.

But seriously if you want another crew changed, just dm me the details. It's $50 each, I take PayPal or Venmo. I'll just call up my bff Benny (he was the best man at my wedding) and have him move some numbers around. 1 stat change per customer, please.

How about that Maquis Thomas Riker that should have been made years ago?

qu07702dxdbr.png
  • Options
    BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

12:30: Event thread posted
    2:20: First comment about stats by robownage
    2:22: Auto comments and asks if they're right
    : 9 additional posts
    3:38: Shan responds that they're reviewing the stats

If you're going to create a conspiracy theory, at least get your facts straight.

They are straight according to your timeline. And I’m not saying the dudes rule the roost. All I’m saying is they are listened to when others not so much

Same here.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are the chances looking that we will get that stat update before the event so we know if we should be saving up for next week?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to provide a little neutral perspective ... the maximum voyage points that Saru can drop is:

(245+504)/2 = 375 pts

And that is IF WRG decided to put his DIP proficiency down to (0-0), which would be unique.

This means his voyage total goes from 3845 - 375 = 3470

A reasonable proficiency (if we look at his other numbers) would be around (130 - 350) say, and that would still be +235 for a total of 3706.

Braxton sits top at 3661 ... 45 pts lower (e.g. (100 - 280) for Saru's DIP proficiency, just keeping the numbers simple and in the same ballpark as his other proficiencies).