Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event The First Hours - ME#1 -2021-04-01

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Human Saru is amusing. Doug Jones is so natural as Saru, him as a human is strange. I'm not sure which is odder in my mind, Doug Jones as Doug Jones or Doug Jones in a bird suit...
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    I think its about time that they cranked up the power creep.

The next step is to make the “honor sale” pricing of cites and begolds the new “regular price” and to make it clear that they will never go on “sale” again.
  • Options
    Great start to the ‘costumed’ mega- neither Chakotay nor Barry have the trait (thankfully Saru does) TP can we please get the trait added to them? I probably wouldn’t ask but since it’s the biggest collection currently every one helps 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... Human Saru's stats are pretty OP #1 overall Dip and #1 voyager by a long shot
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Wow... Human Saru's stats are pretty OP #1 overall Dip and #1 voyager by a long shot

For now... ;)
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    So assuming the stats on Human Saru are correct (thanks for checking on them, Shan), his 1470 base Dip is second only to Professor Sato's 1517. He also has the 4th highest base stat of any skill, behind Captain Tribble (1701 Cmd), Dr. "Bones" McCoy (1641 Med), and Sato. To compare, the other skill leaders are (ignoring the 2 single-skill titans):

Cmd: Pah-Wraith Keiko - 1416
    Sec: High-Roller Sisko - 1360
    Eng: Ahdar Ru'afo - 1362
    Sci: Picard and Number One - 1328
    Med: Dr. Hugh Culber - 1371

Human Saru is quite far ahead of the skill leaders, with Pah-Wraith Keiko still more than 50 behind. Plus, he has almost 180 more Dip than the current 2nd-highest: T'Pring (1292). The funny thing is since Sato was added in August 2018, the highest Dip (apart from Sato) only went from 1279 (Zhian'tara Odo) to 1292 with a dozen new crew (and a lot more between 1260 and 1279).
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Talk about power creep. Lol. Amal Chakotay is also now the #1 voyager for 4* cards
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to ask for a double check on Human Saru's stats from Shan, please. A voyage lead that large would be a huge departure.

Now we know who to blame if Human Saru gets nerfed.

I can already hear people firing up the torches, sharpening the pitchforks, and readying the dumpsters... :D

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Oh in game message. Saru's Dip getting nerfed
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an "oversight"...............
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    It was an "oversight"...............

h68nw90gefos.jpeg

Captain Level 99

• Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    He still has the same base and Cmd and Sci prof stats, so unless it is a huge change (like, down to Profesdor Sato's Dip prof), he will be among the best for voyages.

I was expecting a drop of 200 base Dip to even him out with every other Dip.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    He still has the same base and Cmd and Sci prof stats, so unless it is a huge change (like, down to Profesdor Sato's Dip prof), he will be among the best for voyages.

He can be anywhere from the best crew by 200 points, to somewhere in the 50th best crew range. That is a heck of a swing without knowing the real stats.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much Saru gets nerfed will determine how angry I will be about it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much Saru gets nerfed will determine how angry I will be about it.

I won't be angry about it, unless they release more cool characters with uncool stats. The very first time I left the game was when I ranked in the Dr. Elizabeth Dehner event without checking her stats. I was sooooo bitter when I discovered how crap she was. I have her at 4 *s now, and I don't think I have ever used her for anything.
  • Options
    Great start to the ‘costumed’ mega- neither Chakotay nor Barry have the trait (thankfully Saru does) TP can we please get the trait added to them? I probably wouldn’t ask but since it’s the biggest collection currently every one helps 🖖

Reposting because my comment got lost with the Saru outrage :neutral::lol:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Sad news. Hope the folks that raised the „issue“ are happy now. 😒

It's waay better than the excrement storm that would occur when the realize it sometime next week and then change it BEFORE the next event claiming no harm no foul, but AFTER this event where people have made decisions about spending tokens/boosts/dil because they were saving it next week.

Really? Yeah there’s always a way worse scenario. 🙄

It‘s obvious that stats weren t displayed wrong(thx to the new in game tabs), there was no error, otherwise a correction would have done in 5 minutes.
    Now they need to adjust items(which takes some time) in the build
    to lower the DIP Prof, so i doubt it was any oversight at all.

Stats were exactly as they were meant to be, but thx to some complaining and pointing out stuff, TP decided to give in and nerf.

Changing(nerfing) stuff afterwards is ALWAYS a bad thing! 👎🏻

I can only speak for myself, but i was thrilled to see a new Voyages monster,
    making it easier to reach 12h voyages. And i was ready to open my wallet deep
    (For 1 or 2 dupes) Now i just feel ******, and my wallet stays closed.

Can t wait for future crew that have some more than expected power creep.
    Guess we now always have to wait until the complaining on forums is through,
    before we can take displayed stats for real.

But maybe because of this we won t see any stats creep at all in the nxt months and instead seeing more new 5* crew with 2017/2018 stats.

Another disapointment. 😐
    •SSR Delta Flyers•