Home The Bridge
Options

Who is the most conspicuously missing crew not in STT?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there was some sort of new agreement with the estate when CBS and Paramount merged and it included updated likeness uses, that were available to the games in turn. That or the money was good and they needed the cash. I'm not sure what the hold up was, but may this be a harbinger of good things to come.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    6m72jfdplash.png
    EnderW wrote: »
    Gary Mitchell seems to be one of the top characters mentioned. Some have speculated that it may have to do with the estate not giving permission to use his likeness.

In Star Trek Fleet Command, he is in that game which probably has to go through similar licensing agreements as STT with Viacom CBS. The artwork style differs between the two games and each game has characters that poorly resemble how they appeared on screen.

Seems odd that STFC obtained the rights to him and STT can’t since both games have rights to TOS characters.

Gary-Mitchell-1536x855.jpg

It's the actor's likeness that generally holds things up. Viacom would own the rights to the character (such as the character's name), while the actor or their estate would need to sign off on any media that looks like them. Seeing as STT is aiming for characters in specific situations from TV and movies, that means they want likenesses and are limited by them. Fleet Command is more heavily influenced by the Kelvin-verse, which gives them more freedom to reinvent things (and work with mostly living actors).

Gary Mitchell will be available next week so it seems something has changed recently with him now available in both games.

I don't remember ever seeing his name being floated as an impossibility, outside of speculation. Unless perhaps I missed something, which is entirely possible.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    6m72jfdplash.png
    Gary Mitchell seems to be one of the top characters mentioned. Some have speculated that it may have to do with the estate not giving permission to use his likeness.

In Star Trek Fleet Command, he is in that game which probably has to go through similar licensing agreements as STT with Viacom CBS. The artwork style differs between the two games and each game has characters that poorly resemble how they appeared on screen.

Seems odd that STFC obtained the rights to him and STT can’t since both games have rights to TOS characters.

It's the actor's likeness that generally holds things up. Viacom would own the rights to the character (such as the character's name), while the actor or their estate would need to sign off on any media that looks like them. Seeing as STT is aiming for characters in specific situations from TV and movies, that means they want likenesses and are limited by them. Fleet Command is more heavily influenced by the Kelvin-verse, which gives them more freedom to reinvent things (and work with mostly living actors).

Gary Mitchell will be available next week so it seems something has changed recently with him now available in both games.

I don't remember ever seeing his name being floated as an impossibility, outside of speculation. Unless perhaps I missed something, which is entirely possible.

Same here, the only ones I specifically remember being a “no” are Harry Mudd and Thelev 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    6m72jfdplash.png

Same here, the only ones I specifically remember being a “no” are Harry Mudd and Thelev 🖖

Definitely Charlie X too because of the whole snafu, and I'm pretty Cyrano Jones is on that list (but that could be because I'm not a huge TOS person and I always confuse Cyrano and Mudd).
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems odd Mitchell was added to the game a few years after Dehner unless there were rights issues. His character was the focus of that episode.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Maybe not ‘conspicuously’ absent… but how about Battle Bridge Gleason from The Best of Both Worlds.

4* Pilot, with accuracy [corrected] stats good enough to give us a viable alternative to Ardra.

“I can put you within 30 metres of it, sir”
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    New contender - spreadeagled Boimler. :smiley:
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice but the blood should be Romulan green.
    Did you know that the Romulan heart itself is grey? It's true. And altogether appropriate for such an unimaginative race.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    I want Timelines Original Romulan Gardener Garak. 😂
    ebezhpsarmml.png

Nice but the blood should be Romulan green.
    p2ds9h1wfwfi.jpg

Oopsie daisy. 😂

hj4jjn4i5pqu.png

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    One character who may not have seen much screen time (mega recurring???) yet was both directly and indirectly responsible for the development of several key characters, was Duras.

That immediately got me thinking about a couple other related characters who would also be great additions to the game and storyline: Mogh, Chancellor K'mpec, Cha'Dich Picard, and Toral.

Taking that one step further, I could imagine a fun mega event being themed around "Feuds Reunited", which would not only be a good time to introduce those characters, but also several other missing characters involved in various feuds: The Albino (we already have Dax, Kang, Kor and Koloth from that DS9 episode), Kai Winn (in yellow, who feuds all the time with Sisko), both Possessed Kira & Possessed Jake (hosting the feuding Prophets and Pah-Wraith), and Gral (the Tellarite who feuded with Shran).
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd that a lot of the races here still miss some obvious additions. We get a bit-part Ferengi, but still lack DaiMon Bok.
  • Options
    Haven't seen Arbiter of Succession Picard or Pendari Champion mentioned