Home The Bridge
Options

Who is the most conspicuously missing crew not in STT?

Comments

• Options
    Frame of Mind Riker….boy that episode still gets to me :lol:

frame-of-mind-hd-235.jpg?w=1200
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frame of Mind Riker….boy that episode still gets to me :lol:

frame-of-mind-hd-235.jpg?w=1200

That episode is why I was unimpressed by Inception. I thought a lot about it during each of my inpatient treatments. Thankfully, my experiences were nothing like Riker's.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhys I believe is the DIscovery Tactical Officer, I had to look to up Reese, he was the officer Eddington put in charge of DS9 before defecting to the Maquis.

I want a Starfleet Security Eddington. The only version we have is Maquis Eddington.

But at this point, I think Rhys may have the most appearances in Star Trek without a character in the game.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Rhys I believe is the DIscovery Tactical Officer, I had to look to up Reese, he was the officer Eddington put in charge of DS9 before defecting to the Maquis.

I want a Starfleet Security Eddington. The only version we have is Maquis Eddington.

But at this point, I think Rhys may have the most appearances in Star Trek without a character in the game.

Rhys has 34 appearances to date. On this Sporcle quiz, I count six characters with more appearances without being in the game. However, they're all background characters so if you throw out them, you're right. The only one close to Rhys is Bryce, who remains one appearance behind as of this quiz's last update.

BTW, in case you take the quiz, even though it shows that last update was 26 May 2020, it doesn't include anything from last year or this (no PIC, no LD, no DIS S3) and as best I can tell, also doesn't include Short Treks. I consulted Memory Alpha to make sure I had Rhys's and Bryce's totals up to date.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Rhys has 34 appearances to date. On this Sporcle quiz, I count six characters with more appearances without being in the game. However, they're all background characters so if you throw out them, you're right. The only one close to Rhys is Bryce, who remains one appearance behind as of this quiz's last update.

BTW, in case you take the quiz, even though it shows that last update was 26 May 2020, it doesn't include anything from last year or this (no PIC, no LD, no DIS S3) and as best I can tell, also doesn't include Short Treks. I consulted Memory Alpha to make sure I had Rhys's and Bryce's totals up to date.

Rhys and Bryce are basically a pair. It's hard to explain how either of them are missing at this point.
  • Options

Rhys and Bryce are basically a pair. It's hard to explain how either of them are missing at this point.

In fairness, they're used so little they're basically glorified background characters. I can't even remember which is which half the time. I know one of them is the comm officer but I'm not even sure what the other one does. One of them looks at maps sometimes. Is he the tactical officer? 'Cause if so, he really is superflous because I can't even recall his input being solicited about anything. I don't mean any of that to come off as an attack on either character, but rather how the show has (mis)treated them to date.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

In fairness, they're used so little they're basically glorified background characters. I can't even remember which is which half the time. I know one of them is the comm officer but I'm not even sure what the other one does. One of them looks at maps sometimes. Is he the tactical officer? 'Cause if so, he really is superflous because I can't even recall his input being solicited about anything. I don't mean any of that to come off as an attack on either character, but rather how the show has (mis)treated them to date.

Rhys is tactical; Bryce is comms. And, yeah, they really need more screen time and character development. The most significant thing they've done was talk by tapping in Se 3 finale (I don't think that's much of a spoiler). Rhys had some tactical officer moments in Se 1 and 2, but it was mainly pushing buttons. Bryce has had less than that; mostly it's been announcing who's calling in.

This is one issue Disco is having, IMO: they aren't developing the secondary cast. There was some movement on that with Detmer and Culber in Se 3, but there should be more. I had hoped Nhan was going to be developed more, but Owo and these guys definitely need more attention.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

Rhys is tactical; Bryce is comms. And, yeah, they really need more screen time and character development. The most significant thing they've done was talk by tapping in Se 3 finale (I don't think that's much of a spoiler). Rhys had some tactical officer moments in Se 1 and 2, but it was mainly pushing buttons. Bryce has had less than that; mostly it's been announcing who's calling in.

This is one issue Disco is having, IMO: they aren't developing the secondary cast. There was some movement on that with Detmer and Culber in Se 3, but there should be more. I had hoped Nhan was going to be developed more, but Owo and these guys definitely need more attention.

I forgot about the tapping altogether until just now. The third season was easily my favorite to date, but I was disappointed by the finale. What I did like about the season included the development of Detmer and especially Culber. In fact, Culber jumped up to #2 as the character I looked wanted to see the most each episode, after Georgiou.

Come to think of it, it's kinda messed up that Linus got into the game before either of them and the most memorable he's done was sneeze in an elevator--in his first appearance, no less! I do actually know his name at least but honestly, that may just be because he's in this game. #RepresentationMatters
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

i finally got to see "the voyage home" in a theater yesterday and saw something i had never noticed before:

rpqvnlgl40gz.jpg

KIRK BRINGS HIS PIZZA BACK TO THE BOUNTY :D:D:D:D:D

so how about we get a Pizza Kirk and he can go in a collection with Pizza Riker?

If they were still doing non-trait collections, Food and Drink was definitely one that I wanted.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

i finally got to see "the voyage home" in a theater yesterday and saw something i had never noticed before:

rpqvnlgl40gz.jpg

so how about we get a Pizza Kirk and he can go in a collection with Pizza Riker?

I'm all in on Pizza Kirk, but not until we get Pedestrian Kirk. Also, I remember distinctly in Vonda N. McIntyre's novelization, Gillian was playing some Waylon Jennings in that truck when she picked up Kirk and Spock. I would double dip on that movie on Blu-ray if they retroactively inserted that. I don't believe a song was specified, but I'd vote for "Ladies Love Outlaws".
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

rpqvnlgl40gz.jpg

I'm all in on Pizza Kirk, but not until we get Pedestrian Kirk. Also, I remember distinctly in Vonda N. McIntyre's novelization, Gillian was playing some Waylon Jennings in that truck when she picked up Kirk and Spock. I would double dip on that movie on Blu-ray if they retroactively inserted that. I don't believe a song was specified, but I'd vote for "Ladies Love Outlaws".

You get my vote for Double Dumb *** Kirk.

Slightly related, but it just occurred to me, was that Kirk scene supposed to be an homage to Midnight Cowboy?
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    "Jake and Nog" fusion card hanging out in the promenade

zof3bmuiyn21.png

Great idea.

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was rewatching DS9, and I thought... how come we don't have a "Jake and Nog" fusion card? (maybe hanging out in the promenade)

zof3bmuiyn21.png

Yes, yes! Bring in the Noh- Jay Consortium. Pure diplomacy with just a hint of Engineering.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Since my "curzon dax Odo" blunder, I'm doubting and double checking myself, and I can only think that I'm missing something when I don't find Grand Nagus Quark in the game...

You make an excellent point about the Ferengi in general. There are presently only 22. They break down as such:
    • x8 Quark (1* at launch; 4* later in 2016; 5* in 2017; three 4* & one 5* in 2018; 5* in 2019; none last year; 5* Tribble this year)
    • x5 Nog (1* & 2* at launch; 5* in 2017 & 2018; 4* 2019)
    • x3 Rom (2* & 5* at launch; 4* in 2017)
    • 1x each: Brunt (3* at launch); Reyga (3* at launch); Zek (5* in 2016); Neelix (4* in 2016); Pel (4* in 2017); Ishka (4* in 2018)

All but 3* Dr. Reyga are from DS9
    Eight unique characters
    8/22 are Quark
    6/22 present at launch
    5/22 are cadets (1*-3*)
    One is Grand Proxy Neelix, who isn't even a real Ferengi
    Since 2018, only Quark and Nog; since 2019, only Quark

By the years:
    2016 x9 (six of them at launch)
    2017 x4
    2018 x6
    2019 x2
    2020 x0
    2021 x1

We need those two knuckleheads from TNG who ended up in the Delta Quadrant (the episode with the not-Ferengi Neelix); DaiMon Bok; Quark's cousin Gaila; that dude Max Grodénchik played in "Captain's Holiday"...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my "curzon dax Odo" blunder, I'm doubting and double checking myself, and I can only think that I'm missing something when I don't find Grand Nagus Quark in the game...

You make an excellent point about the Ferengi in general. There are presently only 22. They break down as such:
    • x8 Quark (1* at launch; 4* later in 2016; 5* in 2017; three 4* & one 5* in 2018; 5* in 2019; none last year; 5* Tribble this year)
    • 1x each: Reyga (3* at launch); Zek (5* in 2016); Neelix (4* in 2016); Pel (4* in 2017); Ishka (4* in 2018)

All are from DS9
    Eight unique characters
    8/22 are Quark
    6/22 present at launch
    5/22 are cadets (1*-3*)

By the years:
    2017 x4
    2018 x6
    2019 x2
    2020 x0
    2021 x1

We need those two knuckleheads from TNG who ended up in the Delta Quadrant (the episode with the not-Ferengi Neelix); DaiMon Bok; Quark's cousin Gaila; that dude Max Grodénchik played in "Captain's Holiday"...

I did a whole thread on the Magnificent Ferengi a while back. There's some good suggestions in there. Notably, you left out Eliminator Leck. :)

Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also worth noting - our fleet did a group rewatch of "The Corbomite Maneuver" this past weekend and we could definitely use Bailey, aka the navigator who was so bad at his job they left him with Balok!

"Ahh, you are one of Earth's best, then?"
    "No, I'm not" :D

4prfca7baf2t.jpg
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

• 1x each: Reyga (3* at launch); Zek (5* in 2016); Neelix (4* in 2016); Pel (4* in 2017); Ishka (4* in 2018)

All are from DS9
    Eight unique characters
    8/22 are Quark
    6/22 present at launch
    5/22 are cadets (1*-3*)

By the years:
    2017 x4
    2018 x6
    2019 x2
    2020 x0
    2021 x1

Reyga is our only one from TNG ("Suspicions"). There are a bunch missing there.
    DaiMon Tarr, Letek, Mordoc, and Kayron (" The Last Outpost")
    DaiMon Bok ("The Battle")
    DaiMon Bractor ("Peak Performance ")
    Arridor and Kol ("The Price")
    Sovak ("Captain's Holiday")
    DaiMon Toq ("Menage A Troi")
    Omag? (" Unification ") and several more. I think the Ferengi were on TNG around a dozen times.

I want Lumba Quark!

The Ferengi from Enterprise need added too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot Lt. Jae. All throughout TNG and in the movies. Plus, I mean, she dated Picard, for goodness sake!

Look at him quietly loving her from afar!

ukxl5xatnhwu.png

The shoulders... THE SHOULDERS!

bvulcgudtg82.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I was rewatching DS9, and I thought... how come we don't have a "Jake and Nog" fusion card? (maybe hanging out in the promenade)

zof3bmuiyn21.png

That would be awesome! Would be funny if there was a disapproving Odo seen behind them, as he kept telling them not to sit there.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

zof3bmuiyn21.png

That would be awesome! Would be funny if there was a disapproving Odo seen behind them, as he kept telling them not to sit there.

Triple fusion. Jake plus Nog first. Then that pair with Odo. 2x 3* to 4*, 2x4* to 5*

I love it. Maybe even make it easier:

2 * Nog (new version) + 2* Jake(new version) = 3* Nog/Jake (new)

3* Nog/Jake(new) + 3* Odo(existing) = 4* Nog/Jake/Odo

There technically is a 1* teenage nog already, but I can't imagine they want to build a fusion using a 1* crew.
  • Options
    There technically is a 1* teenage nog already, but I can't imagine they want to build a fusion using a 1* crew.

Oh, but think how much goodwill they could restore! Surely someone at TP has a penchant for novelty. Plus, it would finally make a 1* crew desirable. Verrrrrrry briefly, but we'd all buy basic packs until we got him. They might even sell some of those $9.99 packs of credits.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

All are from DS9
    Eight unique characters
    8/22 are Quark
    6/22 present at launch
    5/22 are cadets (1*-3*)

By the years:
    2017 x4
    2018 x6
    2019 x2
    2020 x0
    2021 x1

Not sure what is going on. You left out Brunt. But you did say there were 22