Home The Bridge
Options

Reunion Spock and Kirk in Elusive Treasures?!

edited August 2021 in The Bridge
As far as I recall, this card was only available by combining two. Now it is available as an 'Elusive Treasure'?

What gives?

Comments

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Both crew needed for the fusion are available in the pack.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    Both crew needed for the fusion are available in the pack.

And the actual card according to the list.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, is that common practice? Has any of the fusion characters been on portal pulls?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I'm not sure which is a more likely mistake here, the card was included in the pack when it shouldn't have been, or the card is not in the pack but was included in the text and image when it shouldn't have been.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not common practice, so I assume it's a mistake in the list and hopefully not in the release. I believe something similar happened with Quinn a few updates ago.

@Shan ?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    No, and I'm not sure which is a more likely mistake here, the card was included in the pack when it shouldn't have been, or the card is not in the pack but was included in the text and image when it shouldn't have been.
    The art, could be overlooked (maybe they represent Anxious Kirk and FTP Spcok, if you are feeling generous...) but RSK Spock is on the possible crew list
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will inquire.
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    Captain Tribble, the newest Honor Hall crew, is also on the list. I do not recall if this has been done in the past, but Honor Hall exclusives are usually just that...exclusive to the Honor Hall, full stop.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    - Captain Tribble is not part of Elusive Treasures, the info text for Elusive Treasures does not mention that crew, unfortunately the list that is part of our messaging contains an error. I've corrected it where I could.

- Reunion Kirk and Spock IS part of Elusive Treasures. I understand that this is a departure from what we've done before. Your feedback is welcome and will be relayed to the team.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I don't have the RKO double feature yet, but I think that this just is not on.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    My thinking is the chances are quite rare. I obtained a Spock, but that ONE TIME Anxious Kirk came up in a miserable six pack I said to myself, “Na. Surely they’ll make him available another way soon. Spock was an event reward and also obtainable for sometime in packs.” NOPE!!! So here I’ve been, sitting on this poor lonely Spock. Today I tried my luck at the Elusive Treasures, hoping at least for an Anxious Kirk. What did I get? Another Spock.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Some of the others in the art aren't in the pack. They were added to the Portal.
    *Nona
    *Kivas Fajo
    *Ambassador V'Lar
    *Altan Soong
    *Breen Disguise Kira
    The ENTIRE back row is not in the pack. They are in the portal and are confirmed as being in the portal already.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I am so seriously confused. I thought Kira was in the packs. She’s the main reason I bought them, her and Anxious Kirk or a possible Spork. Kira was not one of the guarantees in the pool? I understood I could retrieve her but an increased chance of getting her pushed me over the decision making line here. The first packs I bought it turns out there was a typo in the text and those had no guaranteed crew. (Something they have since addressed and offered a refund for.) Now the art is wrong? I’ve pulled everything and fused or whatever, so it’s too late for me to petition for any kind of a refund if this is the case. It would be too confusing/too much trouble. I should have just stuck with the regular portal pulls!
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:
    - Captain Tribble is not part of Elusive Treasures, the info text for Elusive Treasures does not mention that crew, unfortunately the list that is part of our messaging contains an error. I've corrected it where I could.

- Reunion Kirk and Spock IS part of Elusive Treasures. I understand that this is a departure from what we've done before. Your feedback is welcome and will be relayed to the team.

I don't like it at all. I spent a lot of Dilithium to get a copy of Kirk (I was very unlucky with the pulls) and ended up spending actual money on Spock. If I had known I could've just got RKS from a pull a few months later I wouldn't have bothered at all. I feel cheated.

Whilst I don’t agree with adding fusion crew to these packs, I suspect you would spend a lot more dilithium trying to score RKS through Elusive Treasures unless you were very lucky.

Fair enough. But part of why I was willing to spend both Dilithium and actual money (and citations) is the exclusivity of the card. If they just end up in regular packs later anyway why bother?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:

I don't like it at all. I spent a lot of Dilithium to get a copy of Kirk (I was very unlucky with the pulls) and ended up spending actual money on Spock. If I had known I could've just got RKS from a pull a few months later I wouldn't have bothered at all. I feel cheated.

Whilst I don’t agree with adding fusion crew to these packs, I suspect you would spend a lot more dilithium trying to score RKS through Elusive Treasures unless you were very lucky.

hey good job of diluting the errors that this company is making. I am sure that they thoroughly enjoy having people such as yourself to blindly defend them.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I have been conned. What should I do? I would really like the publishers/managers/developers would answer to me, what should I do?
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I feel like I have been conned. What should I do? I would really like the publishers/managers/developers would answer to me, what should I do?

Well for starters, they should have made good on their poorly-worded packs for the people who purchased them. That’s called a bait and switch, intentional or not. Apple does not take kindly to such. If not that they should have at least immediately issued no-questions asked refunds instead of sending out an in-game message telling players to “ask for their money back if they want it.” Speaking of bait and switch, I think a bait and switch argument could be made for the incorrect art featured on the more expensive packs that led players like me to believe they could receive something they could not.

I’m open to ideas on what can be done about the Reunion Spock. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there was ever any in-game wording implying those were extra-special releases that were not going to be obtainable with a lever pull a few months later.

• Options
    Sometimes I have the impression that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. With all the joy about the Celestial market and favor, immediately appears another misstep or wrong decision. I have - like others - worked hard for the fusion and spent quite a bit of dilithium. And now, RKS is part of Elusive Treasures? Bad feeling.
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
This discussion has been closed.