Home The Bridge
Options

Reunion Spock and Kirk in Elusive Treasures?!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    #ReadTheRoom
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    #ReadTheRoom
    No answer then. Good
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Is a valid one.....unless Apollo is saying that the odds of multiple sorens is not equivalent to multiple RSK's. You see, each pack is an independent event, with no memory or concern of the prior events. So each pack has the same odds. and each legendary has the same odds of showing up, which is why Apollo saw multiple sorens, and is why it is equally probable that multiple RSK's could show up.

And yes Apollo, you are guilty of confirmation bias.

It is correct that the odds of getting multiple Soren are the same as getting multiple RSK’S. But the odds of getting any specific desired legendary three times are 41 times less likely than getting any legendary three times.

Getting accused of confirmation bias again so I will show my work on the odds of me getting one RSK in 8 pulls of the elusive treasures pack and why I said I had the most likely result. If I made a mistake somewhere let me know and I will amend it. There were 41 exclusive legendaries in the Elusive Treasures pack with each pull guaranteeing an exclusive legendary behold with 3 legendaries of those 41 that are not the same. So 1/41 + 1/40 + 1/39 = .075 chance then have to look at the chance of getting other legendary beholds in the pull which is 1/10 for each of the 9 other spots in the Elusive Treasures pull which is 1 - ( 1 - .1 ) ^9 = .613 but each of those other legendary beholds are pulling from all crew in portal in addition to the exclusive crew which is 490 crew so 1/490 + 1/489 + 1/488 = .0061 so multiply the chance of getting RSK from one of those beholds by the odds of getting a behold .0061 x .613 = .0037 added in to the .075 from the exclusive legendary behold .0037 + .075 = .0787 chance of getting RSK from any pull. I did 8 pulls so my odds of getting a RSK was 1 - ( 1 - .0787 ) ^8 = .481 or 48.1% chance of me getting an RSK from the 8 pulls and 51.9% chance of me not getting an RSK from the 8 pulls and why I said my experience was the most likely outcome. Not because I pulled 8 pulls and did not get RSK so others would have my same results, but because the odds of not getting an RSK from 8 pulls was lower than the odds of getting an RSK.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

EDITED FOR BEING NON-CONSTRUCTIVE
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    okay guys this is getting a little out of hand. RSK is in the pack. okay for some people, not okay for others. we don’t have to get this many paragraphs and this many angry messages about it, let’s be a little more civil my friends before shan closes this down! 🖖

🤷‍♀️
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I'd appreciate if we might refrain from characterizing anything in this thread to being an illustration of mental illness. On that note, I'm unsubscribing from this thread and won't see any further updates but if anyone ever wants to bend someone's ear, you're welcome to message me privately.

...Didn't there used to be a way to unsubscribe from a thread? I can't find it.

To be perfectly clear you NEVER made any such accusations. The person with the issue just had plenty of straw to build with, I guess.
    What is the purpose to comment on someone's perceived state of mind? I never made any comment in an aggresive or insulting manner. Resorting to comment that I apper to be obtuse, or seem hellbento to be enraged when it doesn't have anything to do with the points being discussed, is name calling without the name calling.

I'm sorry. I should have known. Since you clearly need to build such an insane Strawman, anything anyone says is just more straw for you to use.

Have a nice day.
    Not a strawman, since I'm not trying to refute any argument, just asking to stop the name calling. If you wanna talk falacies, I would say ad hominem is more fitting, since instead of attacking my points, they are resorting to personal attacks, about my state of mind :)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The packs are gone. It was a bad experiment and one they likely won't repeat. RKS won't go in the Portal. Yes, some people got him easy or an easy star or two. Then, they would have to spend citations or build more the old fashioned way. I don't like it, but, in the end, it won't tip the game dynamics in their favor and I will get him soon enough the right way.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna imagine Q snapping his fingers to test the value of RSK, imagine two players, equal in every aspect: level inventory, cards, every amount of currency, virtually identical in every way, except for RSK Spock. One has it, the other doesn't. They play the same event Who has the advantage? (even if small) Who wins if they put the same time, effort or money?

If STT was like this, then yes RSK would be a huge value.
    But it is not, that's what most people are trying to say.
    A single card doesn't matter much.

Time, money and how many top legends you have matters. Which top legends don't matter, any would do.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    EDITED FOR BEING NON-CONSTRUCTIVE
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    If you wanna imagine Q snapping his fingers to test the value of RSK, imagine two players, equal in every aspect: level inventory, cards, every amount of currency, virtually identical in every way, except for RSK Spock. One has it, the other doesn't. They play the same event Who has the advantage? (even if small) Who wins if they put the same time, effort or money?

Time, money and how many top legends you have matters. Which top legends don't matter, any would do.
    Well, to evaluate the worth of a card (if it is worth anything is the argument), you have to ignore everything else (because if you have to compensate with other factors, the valuue of those factors is the value of the card)

And for some players the game is something like that.. You are competing with everyone, but more directly, with people on your "tier" (someone with similar resources to you, the people that would end around the same rank is an event as you), and some of those players would be really close to your capabilities. If you add RSK Spock (or any card) to that player, if affects you (which is the whole point of the argument, the statement "it doesn't affect me if other people have RSK Spock", even though people are moving the goal posts like crazy)
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate if we might refrain from characterizing anything in this thread to being an illustration of mental illness. On that note, I'm unsubscribing from this thread and won't see any further updates but if anyone ever wants to bend someone's ear, you're welcome to message me privately.

To be perfectly clear you NEVER made any such accusations. The person with the issue just had plenty of straw to build with, I guess.
    What is the purpose to comment on someone's perceived state of mind? I never made any comment in an aggresive or insulting manner. Resorting to comment that I apper to be obtuse, or seem hellbento to be enraged when it doesn't have anything to do with the points being discussed, is name calling without the name calling.

I'm sorry. I should have known. Since you clearly need to build such an insane Strawman, anything anyone says is just more straw for you to use.

Have a nice day.
    Not a strawman, since I'm not trying to refute any argument, just asking to stop the name calling. If you wanna talk falacies, I would say ad hominem is more fitting, since instead of attacking my points, they are resorting to personal attacks, about my state of mind :)

NOBODY MENTIONED YOUR MENTAL STATUS EXCEPT YOU!!!!!!

So, that would be a STRAWMAN on your part.

Sorry that whatever your issue is it makes you feel persecuted FOR NO REASON and leads you to these conspiracy theories about everyone knowing whatever your issue is.

Again, have a nice day......
    You seem to be someone that has big problems with people that disagree with you, and also in much need to gain the approval of others. Is there any point you want to add to the argument, other than being the judge on how to address each other and taking personal shots?
  • Options

Have a nice day.

NOBODY MENTIONED YOUR MENTAL STATUS EXCEPT YOU!!!!!!

So, that would be a STRAWMAN on your part.

Sorry that whatever your issue is it makes you feel persecuted FOR NO REASON and leads you to these conspiracy theories about everyone knowing whatever your issue is.

Again, have a nice day......
    You seem to be someone that has big problems with people that disagree with you, and also in much need to gain the approval of others. Is there any point you want to add to the argument, other than being the judge on how to address each other and taking personal shots?

HAVE A NICE DAY.
  • Options
    I think this thread has run its course.

Some people are clearly unhappy with the addition of RSK to the rare treasures pack, others are happy others are nonplussed.

As I've stated above, I fall into the nonplussed category. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but going forward I would appreciate a fusion card remaining a fusion card - put the two cards needed to obtain it in the pack by all means. I only started the thread to highlight a potential mistake on DBs side.

It's a shame that it descended into personal attacks. Please close, Shan.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Peets wrote: »

Well, to evaluate the worth of a card (if it is worth anything is the argument), you have to ignore everything else (because if you have to compensate with other factors, the valuue of those factors is the value of the card)

And for some players the game is something like that.. You are competing with everyone, but more directly, with people on your "tier" (someone with similar resources to you, the people that would end around the same rank is an event as you), and some of those players would be really close to your capabilities. If you add RSK Spock (or any card) to that player, if affects you (which is the whole point of the argument, the statement "it doesn't affect me if other people have RSK Spock", even though people are moving the goal posts like crazy)

That would actually lower the value of RSK.
    It used to cost a lot to get the fusion card.
    Using the same investment it's easier to get more other cards which would beat your one RSK.
    That is why I did not even tried to get him.
  • Options
    Trollita wrote: »
    Well, I saw three problems with this Ellusive Treasures run, and only one problem was addressed.

1. Copy/paste typo when released on one of the packs. (Solution: Gave players the option of a refund.)
    2. Art for crew NOT included in Elusive Treasures was pictured in the deal. (Not addressed.)
    3. Player confusion or upset over the fusion RSK included in Elusive Treasures. (Not addressed.)

This is likely due to poor planning. All of these problems could easily have been avoided. Sweeping problems under the carpet was not the move to make. Players are not going to forget. It appears this entire discussion was ignored. That’s just not good.

Fully agree
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Well, I saw three problems with this Ellusive Treasures run, and only one problem was addressed.

1. Copy/paste typo when released on one of the packs. (Solution: Gave players the option of a refund.)
    2. Art for crew NOT included in Elusive Treasures was pictured in the deal. (Not addressed.)
    3. Player confusion or upset over the fusion RSK included in Elusive Treasures. (Not addressed.)

This is likely due to poor planning. All of these problems could easily have been avoided. Sweeping problems under the carpet was not the move to make. Players are not going to forget. It appears this entire discussion was ignored. That’s just not good.

Agree. In the future I hope communication is more effective. I think much of the irritation in this thread could have been avoided with that. Dare I say more effective quality control could also have helped.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed for #1 and #3, but for #2 I'm not sure I see an issue tbh. All of the crew pictured were available through purchasing the Elusive Treasures packs. Some happened to be available through the portal as well, but I would argue you'd probably have better odds at getting them with an ET purchase as every single purchase was a guaranteed behold unlike regular portal purchases.
  • Options
    I like this thread and think it’s very interesting. I agree RSK should not have been included but my take is nuanced because we all got a free pull. I don’t care if someone spends a lot and got it, but the thought of a vip0 account getting it that way makes me upset. I spent and competed and it worked out… I just think there have to be parts of this game vip0 can’t access immediately otherwise I wouldn’t spend as what’s the point? I also think the “proud” vip0 fleets probably make me think like this. Live and let live but any chance, however minimal, for a free option to an exclusive card does feel like a slap in the face.
  • Options
    I openly apologize to Kanon. Hope this week goes well for you!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would actually lower the value of RSK.
    It used to cost a lot to get the fusion card.
    Using the same investment it's easier to get more other cards which would beat your one RSK.
    That is why I did not even tried to get him.
    That's the whole point. There are people stating that other players obtaining RSK Spock doesn't affect you, so one shouldn't care if he is easier to obtain now.
This discussion has been closed.