Home The Bridge
Options

Reunion Spock and Kirk in Elusive Treasures?!

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    I’m open to ideas on what can be done about the Reunion Spock. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there was ever any in-game wording implying those were extra-special releases that were not going to be obtainable with a lever pull a few months later.
    I don't think there was anything saying that it will only be ever obtained by fusion, but it was announced as a fusion crew. Is not enough reason to consider that it's the only way? Has any of the fusion crew been on the portal or any kind of portal pull? If this can change, why would I buy anything limited on this game? Hey, the elusive treasures crew could be added to the portal later today, just trying something new!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I don't think there was anything saying that it will only be ever obtained by fusion, but it was announced as a fusion crew. Is not enough reason to consider that it's the only way? Has any of the fusion crew been on the portal or any kind of portal pull? If this can change, why would I buy anything limited on this game? Hey, the elusive treasures crew could be added to the portal later today, just trying something new!

That’s a fair point. Up until yesterday it was a general understanding that fusion cards were only obtainable through a fuse. For that PARTICULAR fuse, one card was ONLY available via a purchase, and NOT game play, which makes it worse.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Trollita wrote: »
    I am so seriously confused. I thought Kira was in the packs. She’s the main reason I bought them, her and Anxious Kirk or a possible Spork. Kira was not one of the guarantees in the pool? I understood I could retrieve her but an increased chance of getting her pushed me over the decision making line here. The first packs I bought it turns out there was a typo in the text and those had no guaranteed crew. (Something they have since addressed and offered a refund for.) Now the art is wrong? I’ve pulled everything and fused or whatever, so it’s too late for me to petition for any kind of a refund if this is the case. It would be too confusing/too much trouble. I should have just stuck with the regular portal pulls!
    Nope, they were in the art, but not on the list. I knew Kira had been pulled in Retrieval, so I looked at the list. All five in the back row weren't on the list for the pack, but are on the confirmed list for the Portal Update. I checked- the five were in the previous ET pack. Does anyone have a link to the previous group shot? Could it be a copy and paste error?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ADM Fletcher [ET]ADM Fletcher [ET] ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    It took me over 20 000 dilithium spent on packs and I got one Spock for the fuse. I am NOT happy RSK is in the Elusive Treasures pack.
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It took me over 20 000 dilithium spent on packs and I got one Spock for the fuse. I am NOT happy RKS is in the Elusive Treasures pack.

Stories like these are why I wait. There were several crew I'd love, especially Enterprise, but I hear Dilithium bankruptcy stories or something happens like this where a lot of effort and resources are wasted and I just won't do it. Several of my wants went in the Portal this update. (AG, Hernandez, B&G, etc.) I will focus on those and what I already have. I can be patient.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    When i read the list i thought this must be a mistake. This fuse in particular was heavily advertised and anticipated to boost pack sales. while other fusions have gone with no advertising or hype to drive sales. Now they chose to put the fused card in a pack?

Anyone who has fused the card has every right to be upset.

I do NOT have RSK fuse. I do have 2 copies of spock from event packs but stopped punching the tuesday pack with kirk after not getting him many times. I did spend/waste a bunch di trying to obtain the fuse.
    I figured i would wait for him to hit the portal and fuse later.
    Now the entire fuse is available in the pack?

This has the potential to become a huge problem again. It is simply wrong the players who spent di to obtain any copies of individual card for the purpose of the fuse and now it can be obtained via direct drop.

Someone mentioned “right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing” ? Agreed. This is what happens i believe most often. The packs being worded or pictured wrong, most of the mistakes that get made are simple human error or confusion with too many things happening at once.
    This does not excuse the quality control process improvements we were promised at the time of Ardira Tal or BAN-gate miss-haps. We were told that quality control upgrades would be a top priority to stop these mistakes from hitting the game.

Somebody decided it was ok to put a fused card in a pack, and somebody else would have said no way. You are going to outrage the community again. Where is QC????
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have seen Lizard Janeway in a pack before. I think you have to add something to elusive treasures to make them extra appealing for the price. Plus a lot of players didn’t understand the fusion at the time of Kirk and Spock release or couldn’t get the Spock or the Kirk.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds of getting Reunion Kirk and Spock in the elusive treasures is quite low and each pull costs you 6500 dilithium. It is good that they put it in the pack. Good to give others a chance of obtaining them. I do not understand the outrage.
    Wrong, the odd, whatever they are, of getting RSK Spock in the elusive treasures pack is just as good as getting Anxious Kirk, as well as many regular cards. This is not what was sold when RSK launched. It was a special fusion card, it was above FTP Spock and Anxious Kirk, if you will, and now is just as easy to obtain.

At least wait one more portal update before doing this to us..
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about 11k dilithium to get the fused card. I'd spend more then that if I did it through ET. I have no issue with them being in here as I don't generally feel ET packs are worth the money/dilithium. To get it for less then I spent, the odds are quite low. Good luck to anyone who tries for it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Nomad wrote: »
    It *tsk tsk* like this that makes me wonder why I still play this game...... :/

I thought I was why you still played :innocent:

Seriously though, not cool!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad wrote: »
    It *tsk tsk* like this that makes me wonder why I still play this game...... :/

I thought I was why you still played :innocent:

Seriously though, not cool!

:)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:
    - Captain Tribble is not part of Elusive Treasures, the info text for Elusive Treasures does not mention that crew, unfortunately the list that is part of our messaging contains an error. I've corrected it where I could.

- Reunion Kirk and Spock IS part of Elusive Treasures. I understand that this is a departure from what we've done before. Your feedback is welcome and will be relayed to the team.

I don't like it at all. I spent a lot of Dilithium to get a copy of Kirk (I was very unlucky with the pulls) and ended up spending actual money on Spock. If I had known I could've just got RKS from a pull a few months later I wouldn't have bothered at all. I feel cheated.

Whilst I don’t agree with adding fusion crew to these packs, I suspect you would spend a lot more dilithium trying to score RKS through Elusive Treasures unless you were very lucky.

hey good job of diluting the errors that this company is making. I am sure that they thoroughly enjoy having people such as yourself to blindly defend them.

Wow. I hope you limbered up before you made that stretch. The person you quoted began by saying they do not agree with the card being in the pack. Then made a simple observation. Anything else, you read into it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I have been conned. What should I do? I would really like the publishers/managers/developers would answer to me, what should I do?

I am not happy about it for reasons I and others have expressed but I am sure this wasn't a violation of the terms of service even though they seem to make non-fan friendly changes and mistakes, sometimes repeating the same ones.

I think this is a mistake that was caught too late to fix and they will take the punches and try to make it up in some feeble way to players that have the fused RSK character.

Repeat after me …FUSE-GATE
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I strenuously disagree with some of my fellow players and their harsh rhetoric and personal attacks against Shan and the WRG team, it would seem that players value the time and effort spent in acquiring and fusing up fusion crew and would not like to see them available in their fused state going forward.

That being said, I am getting off my high horse and thank you for considering my polite and professional feedback.

Yes. Players who spend enormous amounts of time to acquire cards in competitive events actually value the time and energy spent on those acquisitions.

I didnt see any attacks against Shan. Nor any attacks against the WRG team. What I saw is a few people who can recognize that the decisions being made by this company are usually: A. not made by people who actually play the game. B. not made with the fanbase in mind.

Its not often that someone needs to label their own response as being "polite" and "professional". However, I do not believe that chastising your "fellow players harsh rhetoric" qualifies as "professional". But, tomato - tomorrow.

I believe all the posts that quoted Shan made it clear that they were addressing their angry comments at the company, not her.

But, just so we are clear. Shan is the messenger. It is someone else's message. Everyone please keep that in mind, even through the understandable anger.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    While I strenuously disagree with some of my fellow players and their harsh rhetoric and personal attacks against Shan and the WRG team, it would seem that players value the time and effort spent in acquiring and fusing up fusion crew and would not like to see them available in their fused state going forward.

That being said, I am getting off my high horse and thank you for considering my polite and professional feedback.

Yes. Players who spend enormous amounts of time to acquire cards in competitive events actually value the time and energy spent on those acquisitions.

I didnt see any attacks against Shan. Nor any attacks against the WRG team. What I saw is a few people who can recognize that the decisions being made by this company are usually: A. not made by people who actually play the game. B. not made with the fanbase in mind.

Its not often that someone needs to label their own response as being "polite" and "professional". However, I do not believe that chastising your "fellow players harsh rhetoric" qualifies as "professional". But, tomato - tomorrow.

I believe all the posts that quoted Shan made it clear that they were addressing their angry comments at the company, not her.

But, just so we are clear. Shan is the messenger. It is someone else's message. Everyone please keep that in mind, even through the understandable anger.

I agree, I don't think anyone actually attacked Shan in their posts. She said our feedback was welcome so people responded to that.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really have no dog in this fight, but I am still kind of trying to understand the anger. I am not belittling it, I just don’t get it. Depending on your VIP level, 6500 dilithium is going to cost you somewhere between $65 to $100 and all that does is give you a chance at getting the fused card and it is a pretty diluted chance at that.

Is it the perceived loss of exclusivity that is making everyone mad?

Because from where I stand, that is essentially a ridiculously expensive spin for the Dabo gold with horrible chances. I just wouldn’t sweat it. 🤷
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really have no dog in this fight, but I am still kind of trying to understand the anger. I am not belittling it, I just don’t get it. Depending on your VIP level, 6500 dilithium is going to cost you somewhere between $65 to $100 and all that does is give you a chance at getting the fused card and it is a pretty diluted chance at that.

Because from where I stand, that is essentially a ridiculously expensive spin for the Dabo gold with horrible chances. I just wouldn’t sweat it. 🤷
    It was a very difficult to obtain card, only by obtaining and trading other two limited cards, that today is reduced to a limited card just like many others. I think is a very concrete loss.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    The question is, will the card still be exclusive to ET only or will it end up in regular packs like ET cards usually do? If it's only ET it could be somewhat acceptable because as people have already mentioned chances are very low you'll actually get it. If it does end up in regular packs the fusion aspect is completely pointless.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a very difficult to obtain card, only by obtaining and trading other two limited cards, that today is reduced to a limited card just like many others. I think is a very concrete loss.

Okay, I do see where you are coming from on that and I understand your frustration. I do think that your exclusivity is still really high, so hopefully that is some comfort...
    👍🖖
  • Options
    I think we have seen Lizard Janeway in a pack before. I think you have to add something to elusive treasures to make them extra appealing for the price. Plus a lot of players didn’t understand the fusion at the time of Kirk and Spock release or couldn’t get the Spock or the Kirk.

That was an accident and they took her out. They had accidentally included Quinn as well that time around.
This discussion has been closed.